Favorite Single Episodes Of A Show

Joey Joe Joe Jr

Boring ones out the way first; the May '93 RAW with Marty/HBK and Razor/Kid, and the RAW return to the Manhattan Centre in 1997 with the ECW Invasion and return of LOD.

There's one from the summer of 1997 I was fond of. You had a dream match of mine (on paper anyway) between Austin and Pillman, which was an ok brawl ending in the usual Yank/Hart mayhem and the setting-up of the Canadian Stampede 10 man main event. Then there was RVD/Lawler against the Headbangers, with Sandman and Dreamer getting involved. ECW vs USWA with Candido vs Brian Christopher and Paul Heyman telling the world of Jerry's son. If that wasn't enough, they had the two dynamic youngsters who were the Fantastics facing each other as part of the revolutionary new light-heavyweight division. Ok, that was shit, but it was still a bit out there, and was at least sometihng different. There was also Owen/Bulldog vs the Blackjacks which i have no memory of but was probably ok. I could probably have lived with Anvil vs Goldust too. Last but not least, you had the formation of the new N.O.D with Kama joining, then Ahmed turning on the Undertaker. It was a bit telegraphed and never really went anywhere, but it was a pretty big thing at the time as Ahmed had always been popular.

WCW is a bit tricky, as Nitro's tended to always be pretty well balanced between the shit and good stuff, and with 3 hr shows, it's more difficult to remember what happened when. But of those I can recall, the April 1999 episode with Sting/DDP stands out. That match imo was the best in WCW since Eddy/Rey, but they also had another 4 way for the title later on in the show. Rey jr won the cruiserweight tile again from Psicosis. You also had a fun hardcore 4 way with Hak and a rare sighting of Mikey Whipwreck. Raven ending the curse, whether he was being punished or playing Owen Hart to the Armstrong's Bob Holly, and a couple of others. It was a real fun show, even if it did open up with Crush v Konnan :omg:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was the 29th December 1997 RAW.

It had the opening segment, Crapper 3:16 where Austin stunned TAFKA Goldust

Los Boricuas and DOA had the blowoff to their feud

Ken Shamrock started his feud with the Nation

George The Animal Steele was Taka's mystery partner for a match against the Lawlers

After weeks of been tormented by the NAO, Foley (as Cactus Jack) faced them in a handicap match and Chaisaw Charlie debuted at the end

Sable & Marc Mero moved towards their break-up

There was a tease of Taker and Kane being on the same page

Jim Cornette did his 'Where's the Wrestling' rant

Owen faced HBK for the title in a super hot match where I honestly thought Owen had the title won

wrestling wise, i cant think of that many episodes i thought were off the charts good, just good moments or a good end.

the gold rush edition of raw, the tribute raws for owen and eddie were good.

that tna impact episode where rvd beat jeff hardy in a great opener, and then beat aj styles in the main event was an all round good show.

the problem is, when you have 52 episodes a year for 20 years, it all blends together.

favourite episode of anything ever - south park - scott tenorman must die.

Others I enjoyed. The obvious 17.05.93 Raw, the Raw after Mania XI where Sid turned on Shawn and Diesel made the save, Alundra regained the Women's Title in a great match before Bertha Faye (in her Monster Ripper gimmick) broke Alundra's nose.

Going further back, some of the SNME's are just insanely good.

I enjoyed the Shotgun Saturday Night before Royal Rumble 1997. It has an episode long story with Austin and Terry Funk. HHH defends the IC belt against Rocky and there's a sweet Lucha match.

The 22.07.96 RAW was also a good one. HBK & Ahmed fought the Gunns to a no contest when they all began fighting before the bell & Sunny ended up with birthday cake on her face. Austin was on commentary and challenged everyone, Jake Roberta rang in & they set up the Lawler feud.

They had two squash matches with Goldust beating Barry Horowitz & Mankind beating Freddie Joe Floyd but in the course of those two matches they set up the Boiler Room Brawl match, Goldust-Marc Mero for SummerSlam when it was revealed Goldust was sending Sable letters, Clarence Mason trying to get Crush a contract, Mero to face Vader the following week & Sid v Bradshaw for the following week. Bob Backlund was also doing his presidential campaign.

Then there was a rematch for the tag belts that ended with Faarooq running in.

LegendKiller tells it better than I do, but its the Raw before Backlash 2000 - probably late April. (EDIT: Just looked it up, 17/4/2000).

I can't remember all the details, but Jericho pinned HHH after a fast count by Hebner - who was then fired by HHH/Shane.

Linda announced that Austin would be in Rock's corner at Backlash, which caused Stephanie to slap her mother. Linda blocked it to a HUGE pop. This made Steph tell HHH to Pedigree Linda, but Shane stepped in and the two men brawled. Rock then came down and verbally abused the two of them which led to a match later on which (I think) involved the APA and the Radicals too.

I've got it on DVD, and its unreal.

My Favourite Nitro is:

Russo's Revenge Live from Dallas, TX

Season 6 Episode 36

Aired date: Sep 4, 2000

Plot: Match Results- 1. World Tag Team Champions, Rey Mysterio Jr. and Juventud Guerrera, defeated Insane Clown Posse 2. Sting defeated Vampiro and The Great Muta in a War Games Qualifying Handicap Match 3. Booker T pinned Stevie Ray in a War Games Qualifying Match 4. Kronic defeated Ernest Miller in a War Games Qualifying Handicap Match 5. Bill Goldberg pinned Shane Douglas in a War Games Qualifying Match 6. Shawn Stasiak, Mark Sanders, Chuck Palumbo, Reno, Mark Jindark, and Shawn O'Haire defeated Big Vito in a Gauntlent Match 7. World Champion, Kevin Nash, won ""War Games."" Particiapants include: Sting, Jeff Jarrett, Scott Steiner, Bill Goldberg, Booker T., Kevin Nash, Kronic, and The Harris Brothers and Vince Russo

the Goldberg/Douglas match which also features the Natural Born Thrillers is a great 'Goldberg' match

My Favourite Raw is:

The Week Before Invasion PPV, full detailed results of the show can be found with a click of the link below

Raw 16th July 2001

RAW 6th June 2005

Shelton Benjamin defeated Khosrow Daivari & Muhammad Hassan in a Two On One Handicap Match (6:21)

Chris Masters defeated Val Venis (4:08)

The Heart Throbs (Antonio & Romeo) & Victoria defeated Christy Hemme, Rosey & The Hurricane by DQ (3:00)

Chris Benoit vs. Gene Snitsky ended in a no contest in a ECW Rules Match (6:00)

Right it doesn't exactly look like the greatest card match wise but it was the RAW before the first One Night Stand and I thought they did a great job of marketing the PPV. A fresh Cena gets drafter over to RAW which isn't bad either and I'm sure him and Jericho began there brilliant feud on this night. You had all the ECW originals return, which wasn't amazing but was cool as fuck when Heyman was around and of course at the end of the episode where they stood tall.

Ignoring that you also had some great talent like Muhammah Hassan, Davari, Val Venis, Chris Masters in his prime and Snitski wasn't bad either.

my fav episode was august 2 1999 raw

had a great d lo vs Jarrett title vs title match,

edge vs gangrel in a blood match.

the ending of the show just kicked ass

by far my vote for this is the first wwe raw taping from the men arena in manchester.

i have never heard a crowd as hot as we were (i was there )

William regal was more over than fucking evolution

and the guys really pulled out there fucking best in this show

• Paid Members

Single episodes? Hmmm...

* Eddie Guerrero's title winning episode of Smackdown

* The Smackdown before the 2004 WWE draft. They had a one night tournament resulting in a WWE title match, it was great, as was the ending where Rey Mysterio and Eddie Guerrero fed Paul Heyman to Undertaker.

* The Smackdown episode before Wrestlemania 19 where it looked as though Kurt Angle and Brock Lesnar were going to have their match early as Angle needed surgery. The build up throughout the night was immense, and the swerve at the end where Kurt Angle retained thanks to Eric Angle was brilliant.

* The Smackdown episode where Paul Heyman put John Cena in a loser eats soap match against Rhyno was great fun also.

Just to make this less Smackdown centric, the episode of RAW where The Nexus attacked Vince McMahon was brilliant too. It's sad how far all its members have fallen since then.

• Paid Members
* Eddie Guerrero's title winning episode of Smackdown

You having a laugh, Ronster?

Season 6 Episode 36

Get out.

The recent love for the last two episodes of impact got me wondering whether people had any particular episodes of raw, smackdown, nitro, impact etc., which they particularly love or single out from others, as being great throughout which they still remember fondly.

The Bret Hart ambulence / Austin Street fight may have been the greatest episode of wrestling that has ever been produced.

This. I came here to say that episode and am happy you did too, Mark. It's an unbelievable episode.

Archived