Credit Card Details In An E-Mail

dubu

Something bizarre has happened with me through Amazon, I set up another account which I thought was with my alternative e-mail address, though I had missed out a letter not realising, however assumed I had entered the correct information as Amazon didn't ask me any questions or anything along those lines. I then placed a couple of small orders, and then went too check my E-Mails for confirmation. But obviously not finding any confirmation as the e-maila ddress had been incorrectly typed by stupid me, however the e-mail address I had entered belonged too someone else, I've cancelled the orders nullified the account etc, but my only worry is, will the person who owns the e-mail address recieve my credit card information.

Now when I have ordered things from various other sites the confirmation e-mail usually shows your credit card data with ************** and then the last 4 digits, I just wondered if this is standard operating procedure for all websites, and if this person may have been able too obtain all my information.

Apologies for this boring and long winded question, just hoping someone can put my mind at rest. Thankyou.

Thanks for the reply :)

That's what I thought, what I've seemingly done is create an account using someone else's e-mail address, which surprises like you said that I could even do that, because if you do incur a typo which can happen I thought it would have prevented me from ordering anything. So I'm just a bit worried that this person may log onto there e-mail account and see the the things I had ordered, I've done my best too clear all my information from this account after realising the error.

I got the opposite. I have someone elses credit card, its a basic replacement no activation or confirmation needed and its got an

Yeh I've now shut down the account, cancelled all the orders, changed everything I could do. It was just the fact that I had placed 2 orders before realising that amazon had somehow allowed me too create an Amazon account with an e-mail address, usually you need to confirm the e-mail address, the e-mail addresses are literally so similar bar one letter that I'd missed out, so I was in a rush and hadn't noticed at the time.

• Paid Members

Any website that emails you your credit card details is breaking e-commerce laws. I'm pretty sure Amazon would be above that so I wouldn't worry, the only personal identifiable information they'll send in emails would be your name and address.

Archived