The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

How do the fans think of the job that Derek McInnes is doing at Bristol City?

Mixed,

Some think he is the messiah and can do no wrong

Some think that he is no more than ok, because the Dead Cat bounce has worn off, but are willing to give him then chance when the 96million players we have OOC at the end of the season piss off

Rumours abound that some hate him because he continues to play Nicky Maynard ( because he is not going to sign a new contract and is there fore evil)

Some arent sure yet, impressed with start made, but still bemuddled how a new management regime can largely have the same problems on the pitch despite change?

Some still probably think he should still be Scotland.

McInnes, hasnt massively impressed me as yet, had some decent/v poor results, but is still bedding in, and has made some suicidal changes in the last few games, barring Southampton. Ill see how we are doing come March, once got a few more transfers in and a team playing more to his style. he's doing okay for me, better than the last guy, which is a bonus and will see how he goes

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rick, is this the turgid shit you had to put up with at Hull? Pearson played a flat back 5 today against Palace. It worked. A well-taken goal from a fluke mistake and a well-worked set piece was pretty much all they had before sitting deep, digging in and trying their hardest not to concede. Leicester are now 12th.

Just dropping in to say this will be the year Cardiff go up. I've just watched highlights of their game today and they looked outstanding.

Where did you see the highlights? Got a link or was it on SSN?

We will only go up if we get the automatics, play off is not kind to us and with West Ham likely to improve their squad it will be a tough ask. We need to hang onto Whittingham, he is outstanding.

I can't believe somebody hasn't gone for him in a big way already. I've advocated West Ham sign him for ages.

I guess it's cause I feel he hasn't always been the most consistent. He had that amazing season where we got to the play off finals where he bagged something like 24 goals, then last season I found him to be quite sloppy at times and not being all that effective but this season he has really stepped up his game and despite the fact he hasn't scored as much as 2 years ago he is a better player and is one of the focal points of our squad.

He would easily fit right into a mid table premiership team like Fulham, Wolves, Stoke etc. He is worth 6 million I think.

Time must be running out for Paul Jewell now. It's just so inconsistent at Ipswich, they get rid of one bad trait like conceding late goals and pick up another in conceding goals in flurries. He got the dreaded vote of confidence last month, but I'll be surprised if he's still there at the end of this month. George Burley to return, you read it here first.

I thought time was up for Jewell after their awful run. But Burley? He fucked up his last three jobs. He was sacked from Hearts because he wouldn't check into detox, such was the level of his drink problem.

Maybe the Soton fans will shed light on how he did down at St Marys, it looked like he left a mess, but his novice assistant has sorted out the mess he left at Palace and got some of the players Burley championed, like Owen Garvan, actually looking worthy of championing.

• Paid Members
Rick, is this the turgid shit you had to put up with at Hull? Pearson played a flat back 5 today against Palace. It worked. A well-taken goal from a fluke mistake and a well-worked set piece was pretty much all they had before sitting deep, digging in and trying their hardest not to concede. Leicester are now 12th.

Never a back 5 but last season when we were struggling, that was the sort of performance we got. it worked to be fair, we steadily improved. His last game for us was the home game with West Ham when, despite losing 2-0, we completely outplayed you and Rob Green made 6 incredible saves. Nigel starts with the basics and moves from there. We had a completely disjointed squad made up of flops we couldn't shift and free signings. that he's having to go through the same exercise at Leicester after all the money they've spent doesn't bode well.

As for us, we've had a crap Xmas. Better team at Boro, lost 1-0, better team at Burnley, lost 1-0 and then completely dominated the game against Derby and lost 1-0. I've no complaints about the Derby game though. We had what felt like 90% possession but barely created a chance inside the area. Too slow in possession and no dynamism around the box.

We must get a keeper this week. We've only got 1 at the moment, Basso, and he's got tendonitis in his knee meaning he can barely walk after the 80th minute!

• Paid Members

Bristol Rovers have sacked Paul Buckle after losing 4 games in a row and sitting just 5pts from the drop-zone.

Shame, he was awesome.

Archived