The Championship and Lower Leagues Thread 2011/2

patiirc

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They turned a blind eye whilst Redknapp and Storrie brought a never-ending supply of expensive Africans through the club. The good times came on the never-never, they have to deal with the bad. The last lot of administration was a farce tbh.

• Paid Members
And six losses on the bounce for Ipswich. Has to be some pressure on Paul Jewell.

It's hard to believe just how badly we are after that great run of 6 wins on the bounce. I think we at least need to give him until Christmas, but if we're still in the relegation battle by January, it's hard to justify what he's achieved so far. This is his team, and he's had plenty of money to spend. I think unless he sorts out his tactics though, we'll continue to suffer.

It's not the losing that hurts, it's the manner of defeat. Just shipping goals at an alarming rate is depressing, and losing in injury time to teams we should be beating.

I think we need to look for a young hungry manager in the mould of Lambert or Puyot. Someone who will grow with the club and understands the modern game.

• Paid Members
I think we need to look for a young hungry manager in the mould of Lambert or Puyot. Someone who will grow with the club and understands the modern game.

Agree with this (Not the Lambert part, you can fuck right off ;) ). I think there IS a decent squad there at Ippy but I also think it desperately needs some talented fresh blood within it.

Chilly, do you much about Marcus Evans? He seems to have taken a complete backseat since taking over the reigns there. I don't think I've everd heard of him going to a game or anything?

• Paid Members

Agree with this (Not the Lambert part, you can fuck right off ;) ). I think there IS a decent squad there at Ippy but I also think it desperately needs some talented fresh blood within it.

Chilly, do you much about Marcus Evans? He seems to have taken a complete backseat since taking over the reigns there. I don't think I've everd heard of him going to a game or anything?

Aparrantly no one in Ipswich knows what he even looks like. He's a complete enigma. This article gives a good overview:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ap...wich-town-owner

Looking at that Ipswich squad though, it looks like a load of players you'd put together if you could go back in time to 2007 and try and get promoted. Doesn't speak much for Keane or Jewell's scouting system that they seem to mainly bring in players trading on past glories and who look like spending the rest of their careers drifting down leagues as opposed to showing potential to move up a level. Looking over at Norwich, it seems like a strategy that's worked wonders for Lambert.

I agree with you, monkey. I can't speak objectively about this one, as I've always viewed Paul Jewell as a vastly overrated chequebook manager. However, I couldn't understand signing some of the guys he's gone for and some of it seems to come down boorishness. For instance, he signed Nathan Ellington to a two-year deal despite all evidence pointing to him being finished as a player at this level. He's not a manager for times of adversity. He was shit at Sheffield Wednesday and Derby, he resigned from Bradford and Wigan when he thought he wasn't going to take them any further.

• Paid Members

Just watched Fleetwood vs Yeovil in the FA Cup. Yeovil threw away a really solid 2-0 lead there. I know it's the FA Cup, but c'mon, you shouldn't be letting a club 2 divisions below you back into a game you've totally bossed. Disappointing.

• Paid Members
Just watched Fleetwood vs Yeovil in the FA Cup. Yeovil threw away a really solid 2-0 lead there. I know it's the FA Cup, but c'mon, you shouldn't be letting a club 2 divisions below you back into a game you've totally bossed. Disappointing.

So frustrating. We controlled the game, seemingly had it in the bag with the two goal lead then threw it away in the last ten minutes. I hope Skivvo tore them a new one afterwards/

Archived