2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Um, you're a Rangers fan?

Erm no I'm a Aston Villa fan. :confused:, I got a season ticket I share with a mate for Ibrox and I go up New Douglas and Fir park a few times a season as well. Been to Parkheed only a few times as my Celtic supporting friends work Saturdays so I don't go up much.

• Paid Members
So who do you want to win at Ibrox? And at Celtic park? Do you go as a neutral?

The team I want to win is the team who's fans I'm sitting with normally, only time I would not want them to win is if they was playing Villa. I have no real emotional investment in a team in Scotland to be fair I enjoy going to football games above all else. I also like my mates teams to win while we are at a game. When I lived in the midlands I would go up WBA with my old man when Villa are not playing or playing away and I could not travel with them.

Biggest problem I have with going to Celtic is the lack of train/tube near the ground. No fault of Celtic but there should be a train/tube station near the ground coming from Glasgow.

• Paid Members

I'd probably say either Bellgrove or Bridgeton (the Dalmarnock area is getting some major Commonwealth Games 2014 upgrading and the roads are a mess there, diversions everywhere), but obviously watch out in Bridgeton if you're wearing colours of the Celtic sort. Bridgeton is probably closest. You can get a train from Glasgow Central to there.

If you're wanting to get to the Gallowgate, use Bellgrove. Trains from Queen Street go there.

Raith 1-1 Morton

Actually disappointed to come away from this one with just a point, so we must have done something right. Our right back trialist did a much better job than he did last week, making some timely challenges and generally helping to keep things tight at the back for most of the game, although he was found wandering a couple of times yet again. Di Giacamo continues to be a real surprise on the right side of midfield, causing problems and getting our goal today. Michael Tidser showed real fight in the middle of the park as well.

The downside is that we lacked a bit of bite when it was Jackson and McDonald up front. Weatherson in there adds some strength and when he came on we nearly scored twice. David O'Brien continues to be Kevin Finlayson v2.0 with his runs into nowhere. He's a hard worker and has the odd good game, but they don't come enough and we need something a bit better on the left hand side. Colin Stewart in goal has turned into a fucking nightmare. He now flat out REFUSES to come off of his line for ANYTHING and cost us a goal today.

Morton vs. St. Mirren tonight. I forgot what derby days are like. The last competitive one being an absolutely incredible 1-1 draw up at Love Street in the Challenge Cup Qtr. Final. I remember it very well and we wound up going out on penalties. I have a feeling that tonight's result is going to be a lot more... erm... decisive. St. Mirren look a good team that like to play passing football and they completely rolled over us as a result in the Renfrewshire Cup final. Even a hammering tonight, depending on how we take the game to them of course, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, but obviously I'd prefer if that never happened. Don't wanna know how I'm gonna react if we win.

Archived