2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

The thing that i dont undrstand though is we hanven't really changed. Almost the same coaching set up, we have been playing the same tactics and bar a couple of new faces it's just about the same team.

As I said I'm nowhere near hitting the panic button but there's certainly a lot of worrying things going on.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The thing that i dont undrstand though is we hanven't really changed. Almost the same coaching set up, we have been playing the same tactics and bar a couple of new faces it's just about the same team.

As I said I'm nowhere near hitting the panic button but there's certainly a lot of worrying things going on.

Look at a general workplace environment - the right manager can go a hell of a long way to ensuring the productivity and motivation of employees. Similarly a crap one can do the complete opposite to the same bunch of people. I don't see why it'd be any different for a football team.

Smith had a knack of getting an extra 10% out of every player who put the shirt on for yous. Ally doesnt seem to have the same ability and looks a little lost to be honest. I dont think its going to be as easy as some other Celtic fans do but I'll admit to thinking its looking good at the minute for us.

• Paid Members
Look at a general workplace environment - the right manager can go a hell of a long way to ensuring the productivity and motivation of employees. Similarly a crap one can do the complete opposite to the same bunch of people. I don't see why it'd be any different for a football team.

Mother said something like that when McCoist first was announced to be the next manager. She was right you know. I bet tons of players are turning up late and playing up to the fact Coisty ain't going to be clamping down because he'll be late too.

I've money on Craig Levein taking over by start of 2012/13 season- tapping up the Scotland manager worked out alright last time IIRC.

Last night wasn't a result by any means but Rangers are the better side and I reckon they'll be up to speed by the return tie and see off Malmo.

Tony Mowbray's hapless XI managed to overturn a 0-1 defeat in the away leg. I don't think anyone's going to dispute that Rangers today are better than the Celtic team that played Dinamo and for my money Malmo is an easier place to visit than Moscow.

You could say Smith dragged the bare bones of a squad to results far greater than the sum of the parts.

I am just saying what i said at the end of last season. McCoist will be doing very well to get as much out the same group of players this season as Smith did in the last three.

• Paid Members

Hills are offering 7/1 for Ally to be the next (non Calderwood) SPL manager to go. It was 12-1 last night. Might be worth a wee punt I reckon.

As was said earlier Ally doesn't come across as being as much of an authority figure as Smith was. Granted he'll have the players respect but that can only carry you so far.

Archived