2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

If we sell Naismith I'll be raging. Last season was the first time since he left Kilmarnock that he's consistantly performed for us. With us now apparently not being being bullied when selling players to the Premiership in the current climate Naismith should be worth 10M. Not the 3M that's being bbanded about.

I'll be raging if he goes for any less than 8M

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
If we sell Naismith I'll be raging. Last season was the first time since he left Kilmarnock that he's consistantly performed for us. With us now apparently not being being bullied when selling players to the Premiership in the current climate Naismith should be worth 10M. Not the 3M that's being bbanded about.

I'll be raging if he goes for any less than 8M

In this climate? If Cuellar is worth only

Rubbish. If Jordan Henderson goes for 20M, Phil Jones goes for 18M and Connor Wickham go for 9M then Naismith is easily worth 8M upwards. He has international experience, has played in the Champions League and scored. He has more experience that Wickham, Jones and Henderson. If the Premiership teams are prepared to throw around tens of millions of pounds for unproven hot prospects, then a young guy with a few years left on his contracts and with the experience that Naismith carries is worth 8M.

The difference between those guys and Steven Naismith is that they're all playing in the English Premier League which, rightly or wrongly, vastly inflates the value of even the most average footballers. I would have either Beram Kayal or Steven Davis in my team before I would Jordan Henderson, for example, but neither of the two SPL players would be sold for anything like

The difference between those guys and Steven Naismith is that they're all playing in the English Premier League which, rightly or wrongly, vastly inflates the value of even the most average footballers. I would have either Beram Kayal or Steven Davis in my team before I would Jordan Henderson, for example, but neither of the two SPL players would be sold for anything like

Stena Line Challenge Cup today and tomorrow with Stranraer, St Mirren, Coleraine and Glenavon. Should be good fun, was a good time last season and hoping for more of the same. Coleraine seem weaker than last year without Sammy Morrow but we'll need to wait and see. Four games of football in a weekend, good fun.

St. Mirren 4-2 Morton

Again I can't really panic about a friendly, but there is one thing worth giving thought to, and that's how easily the defence were opened up, and it happened many times. We began to show some initiative in the second half but it didn't really count for anything as they just appeared to fire at will. Also, the players seemed to be giving everything to the game, so I'm not sure the "only a friendly" thing really stands up here.

Gary Teale looks like some signing for St. Mirren, but in saying that they looked quite a bit better than us, so I'm pretty sure he won't look as good against better opposition than ourselves.

Motherwell 1 Leeds 2

We looked excellent first half, more than matching Leeds. Murphy played exceptionally well. If any scouts were watching, we could be in trouble.

Nicky Law looks like a star and a half. I know I keep saying this, but just wait and see when the season starts. If we can retain Murphy past the transfer window we are going to be very difficult to stop going forward.

Big Higdon was off his game today, but hopefully he'll sharpen up when he gets used to our style of play. A lot of his knock-ons and so forth just weren't working.

A decent run-out, even if the game changed and died a death as both managers started making changes towards the middle of the 2nd half.

Coleraine beat St Mirren's under-19 team 3-0. Easy, easy victory. Hard to say if it was an impressive showing or whether the gulf in class was too big.

Stranraer 1-1 Glenavon, through 3-0 on pens. David Mitchell played a blinder in goals and saved all three pens, all on target. Good game, roll on tomorrow.

McGeady went for 9M, roughly the same experience, same sort of player. And while I know it was seen as a little over priced he was still worth at least 6 or 7M. Liverpool signed Danny Wilson, an unproven 18 year old for 2.5. Do you really think Naismith is worth only 500k more?

I think the huge difference is that when McGeady went for 9million he had been consistently one of the best players in the Celtic side for 4 years, had played in the Champions League for multiple seasons and starred when doing so.

Naismith is a player that looks good in the SPL when he is playing in a good side against terrible defenders...he scored in the Champions league...but it was against Bursaspor at Ibrox. Using him having scored once in the Champions League as reasoning towards him being worth more money is laughable.

Djimi Traore has a Champions League winners medal from 2005 so I think he was probably worth about

I think the huge difference is that when McGeady went for 9million he had been consistently one of the best players in the Celtic side for 4 years, had played in the Champions League for multiple seasons and starred when doing so.

Naismith is a player that looks good in the SPL when he is playing in a good side against terrible defenders...he scored in the Champions league...but it was against Bursaspor at Ibrox. Using him having scored once in the Champions League as reasoning towards him being worth more money is laughable.

Djimi Traore has a Champions League winners medal from 2005 so I think he was probably worth about

Archived