2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

Rangers confirm Wallace signing. 5 year deal.

Sky Sports

Wallace missed much of last season after suffering a cruciate ligament injury on international duty but recovered quickly

Uhm... :confused:

What's with Shooter McGavin and all these JimMclean-esque contracts anyway?....

This Dundee utd game looks like it could be a cracker if you can find a link btw. Some crowd too....

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just glad we've finally got someone else in. I imagine we'll get Bedoya on a nominal fee if he gets a work permit. Apparently Murray davidson will be signed tonight aswell. Second bid of 500k with 350k up front. Good young Scottish talent that will add depth to our midfield. And I assume from us going for him that Fleck, Ness or Hutton will be going on loan somewhere. I've heard rumours of Fleck to Hearts for the season being involved in the Lee Wallace deal.

Apparently we're interested in David Templeton. Would be a fantastic signing but I imagine Hearts would want about 3M for him.

I'm just glad we've finally got someone else in. I imagine we'll get Bedoya on a nominal fee if he gets a work permit. Apparently Murray davidson will be signed tonight aswell. Second bid of 500k with 350k up front. Good young Scottish talent that will add depth to our midfield. And I assume from us going for him that Fleck, Ness or Hutton will be going on loan somewhere. I've heard rumours of Fleck to Hearts for the season being involved in the Lee Wallace deal.

Apparently we're interested in David Templeton. Would be a fantastic signing but I imagine Hearts would want about 3M for him.

Whether he would sign or not is also a major factor. Temp is a massive Celtic fan, used to stay next door to him.

He hates his name right enough because his dad is a Rangers fan and called him David Cooper Templeton.

Uhm... :confused:

What's with Shooter McGavin and all these JimMclean-esque contracts anyway?....

This Dundee utd game looks like it could be a cracker if you can find a link btw. Some crowd too....

IMO the reason McLeans contracts worked was down to them being largely bonus orientated deals as opposed to huge weeklys, something which should really be brought back. Good signing though.

United OOOOOOT.

Whether he would sign or not is also a major factor. Temp is a massive Celtic fan, used to stay next door to him.

He hates his name right enough because his dad is a Rangers fan and called him David Cooper Templeton.

Think of the amount of "Massive" Celtic fans that have signed for us (and vice versa) over the years though. Money talks. So does the chance to win trophies and play at a high level.

Think of the amount of "Massive" Celtic fans that have signed for us (and vice versa) over the years though. Money talks. So does the chance to win trophies and play at a high level.

It's a fair point but from knowing him personally, although it is a question I've never asked, I don't think he'd go to Rangers.

• Paid Members
Think of the amount of "Massive" Celtic fans that have signed for us (and vice versa)

I don't think Celtic have ever had much of a Rangers supporting contingent. Only one I can think of is Simon Donnelly. Only reason I remember that was because one of my school teachers, at the time he was playing, used to bring in photos of him in a Rangers top with his Rangers supporting family. He claimed to stay next to him.

Disappointing result in the tie, but Slask (having finished 2nd in the Polish league) were always going to be competitive opposition compared to the likes of teams from Estonia or Wales. Indeed, Slask were by a distance the best unseeded team, so it's a bit of a pisser.

Still, at least we won the game. I'm hoping United will finish top 4 once again, but also that the other 3 Scottish teams can be successful in Europe to keep the coefficient up.

• Paid Members

Where'd you hear that? Rangers are really making their first bids seem pointless by rebidding for players continually after having a first bid turned down. It means any future bid's less likely to be accepted first time if it seems the Gers are willing to pay more if they can't get their man.

I like Davidson, but I'm not convinced he's better than Jamie Ness. I'd like to see the Gers develop some of their younger talent this season rather than simply look to bring in players to fill voids.

Archived