HM Revenue & Customs email

Sebby

• Paid Members

Just got this little beauty in my inbox today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Applicant:

Following an upgrade of our computer systems and review of our records we have investigated your payments and latest tax returns over the last five years our calculations show that you have made over payments of GBP 277.25

Due to the high volume of refunds due you must complete the online application, the telephone help line is unable to assist with this application. In oder to process your refund you will need to complete the application form attached to this email.Your refund may take up to 3 weeks to process please make sure you complete the form correctly.

NOTE: If you've received an Income Tax

• Paid Members

Short answer, yes.

Long answer, would they bollocks send you an email if they did owe you money, stuff like that they always send in the post. And they'd address it to your name, your NI number would be on it, blah blah blah, and you would feel confident enough that it was real that you wouldn't have to come on here and ask chuckleheads like us if we thought it was a scam or not.

• Paid Members

I got nearly seven thousand pounds off the revenue earlier this year. They informed me by letter that they intended to debit the money into my account within a few days, which is exactly what happened. I didn't need to do anything.

• Paid Members

It's a scam. If you click the link to the site it usualy takes you to a mock up of the HMRC site. It's bogus though, HMRC will only contact you via letter regarding these types of repayments. forward the email to phishing@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk

If you've already sent your details, I'd ring your bank quick.

Getting loads of these things reported at the moment.

-Resident Taxman

• Paid Members

If you suspect something you've been sent might be a scam (clue, the scams are the ones telling you you're going to get something) try googling a line from the email to see if it turns anything up. In this case, scam.

I got nearly seven thousand pounds off the revenue earlier this year. They informed me by letter that they intended to debit the money into my account within a few days, which is exactly what happened. I didn't need to do anything.

Prick! haha!

I had 3 thousand pounds that should have come my way, but my former employer had my National Insurance number wrong on their system. It started with PW but they put it as RW--- on their system, so any tax I paid was paid to the RW NI number and any moneys I was due didn't come my way, spent years trying to get it sorted but eventually gave up earlier on this year.

They'll always send letters, never e-mail, never phone calls. Always by post.

• Paid Members

^^^^

Providing HMRC have all the Income details on the system already (assuming the tax you've paid is on employment income) you might he able to do it over the phone. The international no. Is 0044 1355359022.

Give us a ring :)

Archived