smackdown spoilers

xear

nodq.com

Thanks to PWTorch.com and Benjamin Tucker & Ian from Tenn. & Johnny Angel for the following results...

Smackdown SPOILERS 5/13

- Christian came out and talked about how Teddy Long's decision was good because he did it to entertain the WWE Universe. He then announced his title rematch at Over the Limit.

Sheamus interrupted and said the Universe wanted a Christian vs. Sheamus match, but then Mark Henry said that they wanted a match between him and Sheamus. This made no sense. Eventually, the heels beat down on Christian and Orton made the save. Teddy Long backstage made a tag match between them for later in the show. Christian is still face at the moment. Both Orton and Christian were complimentary of the other with brief tension teased.

- Chavo introduced Sin Cara for a match against Daniel Bryan as the man who's following in his footsteps. Cara disliked this comment.

(1) Sin Cara beat Daniel Bryan. Excellent, really good six-minute match. Chavo hung up Bryan on the ropes, allowing Cara to win. Cara saw this and was mad at Chavo. He then over-emoted with his hand gestures and pushed down/dropped Chavo before leaving.

- On the Titantron, they advertised Ezekiel Jackson will be here tonight following his attack by The Corre.

- Layla came out to cut a promo on McCool, saying it was worth it injuring her knee and winning their Loser Leaves WWE match. Cole interrupted and cut a promo on Lawler. More bashing on Lawler's deceased mom. Here comes Kharma. She attacked Layla and gave her the implant buster. Cole laughed, then Kharma turned toward him. The crowd erupted and she chased Cole back to the Cole Mine. Cole escaped, but barely.

- The Corre came out and Barrett talked about how they've trimmed the fat by removing Ezekiel Jackson. Kane interrupted to set up the next match.

(2) WWE tag champion Kane beat IC champion Wade Barrett via DQ when Corre beat him down. Jackson came out to make the save, but he succumbed to a 450 splash. Slow and good match.

- The Khali Kiss Cam returned. Khali kissed "Troy" and was interrupted by Jinder Mahal, who slapped Khali twice, knocking his Cowboy hat off, and left.

- Wade Barrett vs. Ezekiel Jackson for the IC Title was announced for the Over the Limit PPV.

(3) Cody Rhodes beat Ted DiBiase. Good back-and-forth action in the Legacy battle, but Cody dominated. It appears DiBiase is face now. Cody did his usual shtick on the mic.

(4) World Hvt. champion Randy Orton & Christian beat Sheamus & Mark Henry. Christian pinned Sheamus. The two title match foes shook hands to close the show.

End Taping.

Dark Match: Orton & Christian & Ezekiel Jackson beat The Corre (Wade Barrett & Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater). The faces hit their finishers on Slater for the win in the usual post-Smackdown match ending.

Superstars notes

- The only match taped tonight at the WWE tapings for Thursday's Superstars was Tyson Kidd vs. Trent Baretta. Chris Masters vs. Drew McIntyre and Zack Ryder vs. Vladimir Kozlov was taped before Monday's RAW.

As noted earlier this evening, Tyson Kidd takes on Trent Baretta on this week's WWE Superstars, filmed tonight before the SmackDown tapings. Kidd came out with his new manager - wrestling legend and WWE creative team member Michael Hayes.

As noted earlier this evening, Tyson Kidd takes on Trent Baretta on this week's WWE Superstars, filmed tonight before the SmackDown tapings. Kidd came out with his new manager - wrestling legend and WWE creative team member Michael Hayes.

Good news for Kidd hopefully :thumbsup: Always rated him as an Wrestler and if this works out for him with Hayes as a mouthpiece I can see him challenging to be a top mid card guy.

After this week's taping the Over The Limit card looks like

nodq.com

- In addition to Christian vs. Randy Orton, a WWE Intercontinental Title Match with Ezekiel Jackson taking on Wade Barrett is also confirmed for WWE's Over the Limit pay-per-view. Here's the updated card:

I Quit Match for the WWE Title

The Miz vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Title Match

Christian vs. Randy Orton

WWE Intercontinental Title Match

Ezekiel Jackson vs. Wade Barrett

Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler

If Cole wins, Lawler must give up his Hall of Fame ring.

R-Truth vs. Rey Mysterio

Sheamus interrupted and said the Universe wanted a Christian vs. Sheamus match, but then Mark Henry said that they wanted a match between him and Sheamus. This made no sense. Eventually, the heels beat down on Christian and Orton made the save. Teddy Long backstage made a tag match between them for later in the show. Christian is still face at the moment. Both Orton and Christian were complimentary of the other with brief tension teased.

Is there the possibility of a christian heel turn then???

- The Khali Kiss Cam returned. Khali kissed "Troy" and was interrupted by Jinder Mahal, who slapped Khali twice, knocking his Cowboy hat off, and left.

Here's a video of Jinder Mahal in FCW, vs my personal favourite Abe Washington (who cuts a funny promo)

I really like what they've done with Kharma in avoiding cliched booking of big fat monster bird picks on the pretty fan faves. My main interest lately is seeing what happened in Kharma's segment on the shows.

Here's a video of Jinder Mahal in FCW, vs my personal favourite Abe Washington (who cuts a funny promo)

Thanks for posting that, not had chance to watch FCW for months, I've noticed Abe has put alot of muscle on his mid-section since I last saw him, he looks much better without the lego man hair and he looks much less awkward in the ring than he used to. Still work to do, as he's obviously doing standard moves with the odd sloppy spot still but it gives me more hope he's gonna get on the main roster one day.

I bet if John Cena cut that promo on RAW, they'd be people up in arms

• Paid Members

The Jackson v Barratt match is a weird one for me, for most of the tension/break up I didnt think either did anything particularly to determine "heelishness" - they just didn't seem to get on, apart from the fact that Girlman and the Twink would inevitably side with Wade when the split happened.

To be frank, looking at the size of Zeke, when they get in the ring Barratt looks like the underdog? I'll be rooting for him in seeing how he can slay Goliath. Although that will obviously be interference from his harem.

The main event stuff was generic babyface vs babyface build-up, I didn't give a shit about the tag match. Made no odds whatsoever whether Christian and Orton beat Sheamus and Henry or vice-versa, I never really get into matches that are made just for the sake of having a main event.

Bryan vs Sin Cara was pretty good, but there were a few bits that let it down. Bryan had a submission on early on that really should've seen a tap-out, but he just let go of it for no reason. Stupid. And they should've edited the finish down to cut out the awkward bit where they gingerly positioned themselves on the ropes. Also, if Bryan's that dazed by the kick, how is he managing to stand balances perfectly on the top rope anyway? It was a fun match though, and I enjoyed Chavo's commentary again.

Didn't think much of Barrett vs Kane, but since breaking up with Zeke, this is the most interesting I've found The Corre.

Kharma and Cole's interaction was something different, and intriguing.

Kharma and Cole's interaction was something different, and intriguing.

Indeed.

Have always thought Cole would make a great mouth piece for Kharma due to her 'anti-Diva' gimmick and his hatred of the girls.

I love the fact that Kharma garnered such a huge crowd reaction for just looking at Michael Cole.

Apparently, Vince is very high on Kharma and rightly so.

I'm still not exaclty sure why the Corre got rid of Jackson, in my mind it seems idiotic. On the positive side Jinder Mahal looks quite cool, and has a good intensity about him, probably should have came out to some theme music tho... Sin Cara vs DB was good for what it was, but I'm really quite worried about Bryans WWE career...

• Paid Members
I'm still not exaclty sure why the Corre got rid of Jackson, in my mind it seems idiotic. On the positive side Jinder Mahal looks quite cool, and has a good intensity about him, probably should have came out to some theme music tho... Sin Cara vs DB was good for what it was, but I'm really quite worried about Bryans WWE career...

Why? Two weeks, two long matches against top Smackdown stars and he's been made to look pretty credible in both. I'm wondering if we're looking at another "losing streak" storyline?

Is there the possibility of a christian heel turn then???

It's been speculated, but then, people also speculated Wade Barrett would face Undertaker at Wrestlemania this year.

Besides, I think Randy Orton turning on Christian and having a Brock Lesnar-esque run as a viscious psychopath on top would be the best thing for the Smackdown brand. They could then build up to a hot Sheamus babyface turn, and have him face Orton at a major PPV for the title. I reckon Sheamus could be a seriously over good guy given the chance.

I reckon Sheamus could be a seriously over good guy given the chance.

So do I, I can't wait for him to turn face, I'll tune in for that. He has more about him that makes me believe he'd be liked as a face than any other current heel.

Archived