WWE DVD's on LoveFilm

Burchill's Buddy

I remember when you could rent WWF VHS from Blockbusters. I would presume this stopped for the same reason. It's not unusual though as, I'm not sure if it's still ongoing, but Universal had stopped their new titles being rented on LoveFilm. I can understand why as the knock on effect is not only on sell-through but also on rentals from places like Blockbusters too.

I can get a whole month unlimited rental from Tescos for the same amount as renting only 3 or 4 from Blockbusters and I get a much wider choice.

• Paid Members
but one off PPVs', like you say after a month or two it's only diehard collectors that are going to be buying them at full retail surely, so why not get some more mileage out of them on the rental markets

I don't think it'd do them any harm, but I couldn't see it making much money. I can't imagine anyone ever going "Oh, I'll add Unforgiven 2007 to my Lovefilm list." At this point, the only people that have any interest in that DVD and haven't already got it are completists and people who see it in a bargain shop for

It's not just people wanting to complete a collection or hardcore fans who buy, for example, Unforgiven 2007. People could buy it as a birthday or Christmas present as they see it's wrestling and they don't really know what they're looking for. I got Vengeance 2004 that way...and The Marine...

Archived