The WCW in 2001 Appreciation Thread

AshC

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
Totally Buff were great fun weren't they? One of my personal favourite acts. And Team Package was ace the year before as well.

A cracking duo, pretty sure a fair share of the crowd dug them screwing Goldberg out of his job at Sin. On that note, was the random fan that sprayed mace in Goldberg's face during that match ever mentioned again after that show?

I wish they'd release the WCW PPV's on DVD. They're sitting on a goldmine there.

well eventually they are gonna run out of ppvs to put on Tagged Classics, so I'm hoping the WCW ones come soon after...

They can't do that, it's only the old WWF footage that was released by Silvervision in Europe that they can re-release. The only people that can, is WWE themselves. I wish they would do more Best Of PPVs like they did with Starrcade, but I don't know how well they would sell today.

Am I the only sad fucker who thought the "Sugar" Shane Helms gimmick and music were brilliant and that WWE did a stupid thing by not using it. I never liked his hurricane gimmick. Never.

I swear Stiener actually came to the ring with a tiger on a leash at one point, he was like a mad king when he had the title, fantastic.

Am I the only sad fucker who thought the "Sugar" Shane Helms gimmick and music were brilliant and that WWE did a stupid thing by not using it. I never liked his hurricane gimmick. Never.

I'm the opposite. That, and his first few months on heat/Metal as Gregory were about the only times i wasn't so keen on him. I thought 3 Count and the Hurricane were great, but during that 'vertebreaker' spell he just seemed to be too reliant on the movez. He also looked awkward in trunks as he was too lanky, and he didn't have the voice to be able to portray any kind of cool or hip gimmick. Fortunately Chavo got some good stuff out of him.

I thought the Hurricane was a great undercard gimmick. It brought the comedy and the colour, but he was still allowed to work straight matches, and the chokeslam teases were great fun. I vaguely remember when he first hit it on someone he wasn't expected to - the roof nearly lifted off the place! I would have liked a 3 count reunion in the WWE though, or something based on it. We did get a really fun velocity mini feud with the two of them vs Billy & Chuck, but he was still in the Hurricane character.

I wish they'd release the WCW PPV's on DVD. They're sitting on a goldmine there.

well eventually they are gonna run out of ppvs to put on Tagged Classics, so I'm hoping the WCW ones come soon after...

They can't do that, it's only the old WWF footage that was released by Silvervision in Europe that they can re-release. The only people that can, is WWE themselves. I wish they would do more Best Of PPVs like they did with Starrcade, but I don't know how well they would sell today.

Exactly. If Silvervision had the footage the PPV's would probably be available now on Tagged Classics. I doubt WWE will re-release the WCW PPVs somehow. They haven't even been that forthcoming with compilations.

Archived