Possible venues for WWE November UK tour tapings?

Prodigy

Well I've ruled Manchester out by my own research, November Mondays and Tuesdays are fully booked up for the M.E.N arena throughout the month and I don't see where else they could do it as a Football Stadium is not Viable and no other areas have the right arena layout.

So where do you think they should be. I hope they are in the north this time as London gets too much...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be up North I'd imagine

The schedule has for the last 4-5 years anyway been London in April and up North in November.

The North seems to rotate between Sheffield and Manchester, Newcastle may have had tapings as well I'm not sure but they defo had an Insurrextion so the arena must be of decent size there.

Birmingham have had a taping before that was in an April of 05 (I went to Raw that year) but don't think they've taped there since. So I'd say it will probably be Sheffield or Newcastle this time

Newcastle is apparently too small backstage to hold a tv tapings, that's why there have never been back to film anything.

I guess Sheffield.

It will be up North I'd imagine

The schedule has for the last 4-5 years anyway been London in April and up North in November.

The North seems to rotate between Sheffield and Manchester, Newcastle may have had tapings as well I'm not sure but they defo had an Insurrextion so the arena must be of decent size there.

Birmingham have had a taping before that was in an April of 05 (I went to Raw that year) but don't think they've taped there since. So I'd say it will probably be Sheffield or Newcastle this time

Birmingham also had October 2007. Hope there is another set in Birmingham, i'd say we are due a set in the Midlands.

Newcastle is apparently too small backstage to hold a tv tapings, that's why there have never been back to film anything.

I guess Sheffield.

Yeah and also Vince went mental backstage after Insurrextion 2003, calling the arena worse than shit really.

In fairness to Vince, it is a terribly designed arena - far too narrow.

I'm praying for the NIA in Birmingham - hands down my favourite place to watch wrestling in this country. Never ever seen a bad show there, a fantastic big/small hybrid, and an awesome car park to nerd out the wrestlers when they're leaving. Despite Newcastle being twenty minutes away, I'd pick the NIA in Brum every time. And indeed the pattern from the last few years says it should be too, so fingers crossed.

• Paid Members
Why not Scotland, Wales or Ireland. Thatd be interesting to see.

Don't know about Wales or Ireland, but there's nowhere in Scotland big/nice looking enough to hold a tv taping. Braehead's too small, same with the P&J in Aberdeen, and the SECC would take a WM amount of preparation to make it look acceptable.

Archived