New Mortal Kombat Legacy Webisodes

andrew "the ref" coyne

Watched it earlier tonight. Well... I liked it.

Considering this is something which was put together on a limited budget, I think its fairly impressive. Sure the scripting could be better in places, and the acting in places are touch and go, but to compare it to a "Z Movie Action Film" seems a little OTT. To me it's as good as a lot of your typical American TV shows. Sure its no 24, Lost, Sopranos etc, but its easily on par with the majority of the "mid level" stuff. Frankly it far superior to some crap I've seen (Tru Calling, Cold Case and Dolls House come to mind).

I mean... it's a mini web series... what are you expecting? It's a glorified pilot in the hopes that it gets picked up for a genuine TV run.

As a MK fan, I liked it, but admit that I want to see more before I pass my complete opinion on it.

• Paid Members

Well, as far as what I was expecting... I would generally expect a cop that's meant to be stealthily infiltrating a gang to not be shouting down her headset.

I also expected more to open it than "Sonya gets caught by Kano, Jax tries to save her, the end" Which is what it amounted to.

• Paid Members
I've got a mate that's mad into Mortal Kombat. Last week, for no reason, he went "I'M KANO!" in an American accent.

"What did you say that for?" I asked.

"Because I am!" he replied. He's not, though.

Are you sure? I mean, could it be possible that he is?... he sounds sure enough.

Archived