Most brutal

therealslimshady

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't really think this exists outside of ipw sometimes. And it's nowhere near as good as the stuff the Americans produce. Ldn are partial to cage and ladder matches on occasion too. But just look tacky in comparison to WWE stuff

• Paid Members
Don't really think this exists outside of ipw sometimes. And it's nowhere near as good as the stuff the Americans produce. Ldn are partial to cage and ladder matches on occasion too. But just look tacky in comparison to WWE stuff

Not to be arsey about it, but he wasn't asking about whether it compares to American or WWE stuff. I think most people who ask about UK promotions usually have it well in mind that nothing a UK promotion does is going to compare to WWE as to how it looks, or that it will struggle to compete even with the larger US indies.

I remember EWW having an absolutely, disgustingly brutal match between Ashe and "Playboy" Phil Bedwell some years back. There was even one point where Ashe had Bedwell in a Camel Clutch, and Bedwell's forehead just started literally spurting blood! Disturbing.

I remember EWW having an absolutely, disgustingly brutal match between Ashe and "Playboy" Phil Bedwell some years back. There was even one point where Ashe had Bedwell in a Camel Clutch, and Bedwell's forehead just started literally spurting blood! Disturbing.

Any links to this match? I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Therealslimshady, this isn't going to be much help to you as I'm not familiar with any hardcore style based promotions in England, but are you aware of the American and Japanese promotions that regularly run extreme death matches?

All i know of would be either IPW:UK shows at the Tap n Tin which tend to have some sort of thumbtack / lightube match

Also Triple X have done some quite hardcore matches

Plus if you wait a while 1PW are hosting a UK CZW show at some point this year

• Paid Members

Not to be arsey about it, but he wasn't asking about whether it compares to American or WWE stuff. I think most people who ask about UK promotions usually have it well in mind that nothing a UK promotion does is going to compare to WWE as to how it looks, or that it will struggle to compete even with the larger US indies.

n804810071_5594176_3719.jpg

That was from EWW Cruel Britannia back in 2006 (I think). This is from a more recent EWW show, I've not seen the match myself yet, but I hear it was a blinder between The Dominator and Kerry Cabrerro.

63813_439558829213_44477749213_4922209_4250472_n.jpg

WAW did an over 18`s hardcore show a couple of weeks ago in Project nightclub in Norwich with wrestling and bands playing, matches were - falls count anywhere, chain match , hardcore rules tag match and a thumbtack match where the winning fall must take place on the tacks.I think there are more planned.

All i know of would be either IPW:UK shows at the Tap n Tin which tend to have some sort of thumbtack / lightube match

Also Triple X have done some quite hardcore matches

Plus if you wait a while 1PW are hosting a UK CZW show at some point this year

indeed, news also coming soon about that :)

• Paid Members

ICW in Scotland is by far the most brutal promotion in the UK, They also draw well and have the top wrestlers in brutal hardcore matches with the usual type of weapons like barbwire tacks etc and other 1's. They also don't use gimmicked tables up there.

Mark Dallas runs the promotion and the Youtube channel is :- http://www.youtube.com/ICWOnline

Was lucky enough to commentate and participate in an EWW card in Herne Bay a couple of years ago. There was a great bloody match between Kerry Cabrero and The Dominator. They brawled over the Kings Hall, battering each other and even took a section of the guardrail into the ring too, both bled like crazy and when I went to get into the ring at the end I realised that it was a really bad idea to have worn light cloured trousers as the blood was all over the ropes. Took two washes to get the blood stains out from them.

Archived