All in One PC's

Van Dammer

Thinking of getting one of these new inventions, just like the idea of a big HD monitor, barely any wires and no tower and the added ability to move it around the house to different rooms rather than being stuck with it in one place. Anybody had any experience of these? Thinking of the Dell 2310 Touch screen one which seems decent enough.

• Paid Members
I wouldn't be able to afford such a beautiful machine as an iMac but they're very similar. Do you prefer it to a conventional PC and does it bring enough positives to warrant the extra moolah?

I've got both a PC and Mac sitting side by side and use the Mac for almost everything apart from the odd program that only runs on Windows. It really depends what your requirements are. I don't really use it for anything creative or arty.

• Paid Members

As another iMac owner, it's great just having the one plug to worry about (and then the peripherals, such as keyboard and mouse, are Bluetooth, so no need to worry about plugging and unplugging those either).

If you're only reason for getting an all-in-one is for portability though, why not a laptop? Or are you wanting it to have the larger monitor too?

I was considering getting one, but in the end i decided just to go with the old tried & trusted tower & monitor. Figured it would be a lot easier if there was a problem, i'd be able to tell what was goosed, and possibly sort/change the component. Also, If it was the screen, i could still use an old shitty 15" monitor whilst it got fixed. With an All In One, any problem would basically mean sending the whole thing back and being without it for a while.

If you're confident of it's reliability it won't be a issue, i'm just a bit wary as i've had quite a few problems over the years.

Archived