If you're going to be in the crowd....

Kata Ha Jime

Right this could just be me, but here goes.

For some reason, years ago after being annoyed by tiny things at gigs, I made a mental "list" of things not allowed. Its realy just a list of things I hate but I'm wondering if anyone here thinks the same.

1, No backpacks - My reason being at a Sum 41 gig when I was 14 I was constantly being pelted in the face by one and I see no need for a bag in a crowd.

2, No guarding your girlfriend at the barrier, if she can't handle whatever crowd it is move further back.

3, No fighting, to many times I've been in mosh pits and some cock in a polo shirt throws a punch, even at a Panic At The Disco gig...

4, Some of you will hate this but, no drinks. At the bar yeah, and stood around talking is fine, but don't get pissy if I bump in to you and it spills on the floor because people are jumping.

5, Going to the gig just to boo, or take the piss out of the band. You paid for a ticket. One example was My Chemical Romance, alot of people hate them, enough to pay

• Paid Members

"Woundering" is a cracking typo. I want it to be a real word. As in, "if you want to see a quality woundering, check out the Piper/Valentine dog collar match."

As for your list of tiny things, simple therapy is to use any of them as justification to punch someone in the face at a gig. Try it, it's therapeutic. Plus, by not wearing a polo shirt, the cock in the polo shirt will never see it coming.

Right this could just be me, but here goes.

For some reason, years ago after being annoyed by tiny things at gigs, I made a mental "list" of things not allowed. Its realy just a list of things I hate but I'm wondering if anyone here thinks the same.

Is this things that annoy you or just daft shit?

1, No backpacks - My reason being at a Sum 41 gig when I was 14 I was constantly being pelted in the face by one and I see no need for a bag in a crowd.

'In Too Deep'?

Move, man, it prevents face being hit scenario.

2, No guarding your girlfriend at the barrier, if she can't handle whatever crowd it is move further back.

Why is this even a problem? Maybe that's 'all she's got'?

3, No fighting, to many times I've been in mosh pits and some cock in a polo shirt throws a punch, even at a Panic At The Disco gig...

Oh dear. Oh deary, deary, deary, dear. It's a Mosh, there are no rules perhaps you will end up with a 'fat lip' but its not the end of the world.

4, Some of you will hate this but, no drinks. At the bar yeah, and stood around talking is fine, but don't get pissy if I bump in to you and it spills on the floor because people are jumping.

Ah, the Flaming June school of consideration :thumbsup: perhaps you have to 'handle this better'

5, Going to the gig just to boo, or take the piss out of the band. You paid for a ticket. One example was My Chemical Romance, alot of people hate them, enough to pay

I generally agree. They are annoying. The one time i wore a backpack in a crowd was at a festival and i only still had it because my brother din't meet so i could put it in his tent.

This doesn't bother me. I've done it once and it's hard work!

As someone said, it's a mosh pit so anything goes really. But i hate people moshing to inappropriate bands/music.

Not no drinks, just no complaining if it gets spilt.

• Paid Members

Hit back then.

The only fight I've ever been in was at Oasis at Hampden a few years ago. Despite having been to see Slayer, System Of A Down and countless other "metal" bands where there a much more violent/rougher atmosphere.

• Paid Members

All that effort and you missed out one obvious one.

7, If you need a piss, by all means do it in an empty cup and drop it by your feet, but please don't hurl it at the back of my head.

All that effort and you missed out one obvious one.

7, If you need a piss, by all means do it in an empty cup and drop it by your feet, but please don't hurl it at the back of my head.

A million times this. I hadn't been to a gig in a few years, so when I got hit with a cup of piss at one last year, I instinctively turned round and started power-walking around the crowd like Vince, demanding to know who'd hoyed it. After a few minutes I gave up, realising that I probably looked like a mentalist and was never going to find the culprit.

When I got back, my mate was laughing. He couldn't believe how angry I was, because he'd regularly been to festivals and apparently it 'happens all the time at gigs'. I couldn't believe we'd reached the stage as a civilisation where you're expected to react with indifference to being covered in human piss. I can say in all sincerity that I hope whatever scruffy cunt threw that cup got hit by a fucking bus that night.

• Paid Members

Hit back then.

The only fight I've ever been in was at Oasis at Hampden a few years ago. Despite having been to see Slayer, System Of A Down and countless other "metal" bands where there a much more violent/rougher atmosphere.

There's always fights at Oasis gigs though. I'll never forget the one in 2009 at Murrayfield. Thought there was a Mosh Pit going on during "Fire" by Kasabian, nope it was 3 guys giving one guy a kick in.

Archived