Smackdown *Spoilers 1/4

Super Cena

source: prowrestling.net

The following content was taped Monday night at the Allstate Arena in Rosemont, Illinois for this week's episode of WWE SmackDown on Syfy. The show will mostly consist of content advertising this Sunday's WrestleMania PPV.

1. Kofi Kingston defeated Wade Barrett by DQ in an Intercontinental Title match. Wade controlled most of the early action. Kofi hit his corner kick and a top rope cross body for a two count. Kofi hit the Boom Drop and went for Trouble in Paradise but was met with a kick to the face for a near fall. Kofi hit a nice move and almost had a two count that was broken up by The Corre. Santino and Kozlov hit the ring but were laid out. Big pyro for Kane and Big Show. The faces cleared the ring and had a stare down with The Corre.

Jerry Lawler out to cut a promo against Michael Cole. Good promo by Lawler. Short and to the point. The King has new music.

2. Cody Rhodes defeated Chris Masters. Taz

• Paid Members
The King has new music.

WHAT?

Going to change the music he's had for 18 years on the last show before his first Mania match?

Lame.

Two matches? Really? I know it's a few days before Wrestlemania and they're letting those guys with big matches on the show have a bit of a rest, but imagine if you'd brought tickets to watch two bleedin' matches.

• Paid Members
Two matches? Really? I know it's a few days before Wrestlemania and they're letting those guys with big matches on the show have a bit of a rest, but imagine if you'd brought tickets to watch two bleedin' matches.

Oh come on, surely you can guess that the spoilers are incomplete!!

edit: on the other hand, you could be right seeing as they taped it on Monday (when Raw was on) and they are filling Smackdown with Mania promos. Fuck, surely they could've used it even more to have in-ring promos & build-up to the PPV?

I found this snippet here:

-The dark match main event then saw John Cena, Rey Mysterio, Edge, and Randy Orton defeated The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Cody Rhodes, and CM Punk. Pretty short match all things considered. Eventually the faces ganged up on Alberto and hit all the finishers on him for the win.

lol Alboreto

There were 11 matches and the show lasted over 4 hours. Not too bad.

Archived