Ongoing Shimmer results for those interested.

Snitsky's back acne

What idiot said that? I've seen Saraya live before, and no question she's good at what she does and is a good female performer. But mini-Bruiser Brody? Thats unnecessary hyperbole and isnt realistic praise. Compliment her on her ability to make the crowd believe she poses a threat to the other women combatants or the way she competes in the ring as a talent. Comparing her to Brody isnt a credible review of her talents. It would be like saying "CM Punk is a mini Undertaker". Its such a out of the blue and irrelevent comparison, it makes you wonder who writes those reviews.

I agree Hitman, and it is indeed an odd comparison to make - just to clarify though, that particular statement was made by an American fan in attendance who was seeing Saraya for the first time.

I would certainly say that it sounds like the Knights made a HUGE first impression with the live audience though.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets be honest, its a niche product in an already niche market. Anything I have seen in Shimmer or from the wrestlers working elsewhere has been really good, sometimes as good as some of the men.

However none of them will headline Wrestlemania, Shimmer will not overtake TNA or WWE (unless something radical happens).

Just have to comment that Ireland's Rhia O'Reilly apparently flew out to Berwyn at her own expense for the opportunity to wrestle the pre-show match. Now that's dedication.

Explains something. When I saw the results I was thinking about how much money is the company making being able to fly all these girls in, what with the Knights coming in from the UK, the Japanese girls, Lufisto and Portia from Canada, the K-nox and Rhia (plus isn't Skater an Aussie?). Admittedly some of these may very well be based in the US, but it seems a hefty outlay for what is a very niche product and doesn't draw the largest of crowds attendance wise. Still, I guess they must be making the money on the DVD sales.

I haven't cared for Shimmer in quite a while, but the return of Rebecca Knox (even in just a managerial capacity) means I'll almost certainly pick up a copy from somewhere. I remember watching an ECCW Supergirls show several years back to have a look at Nattie Neidhart's work, and Knox absolutely blew her away in terms of charisma, workrate, ability to work the crowd, mic work etc. Hope she is back for the longhaul.

Just have to comment that Ireland's Rhia O'Reilly apparently flew out to Berwyn at her own expense for the opportunity to wrestle the pre-show match. Now that's dedication.

Explains something. When I saw the results I was thinking about how much money is the company making being able to fly all these girls in, what with the Knights coming in from the UK, the Japanese girls, Lufisto and Portia from Canada, the K-nox and Rhia (plus isn't Skater an Aussie?). Admittedly some of these may very well be based in the US, but it seems a hefty outlay for what is a very niche product and doesn't draw the largest of crowds attendance wise. Still, I guess they must be making the money on the DVD sales.

I haven't cared for Shimmer in quite a while, but the return of Rebecca Knox (even in just a managerial capacity) means I'll almost certainly pick up a copy from somewhere. I remember watching an ECCW Supergirls show several years back to have a look at Nattie Neidhart's work, and Knox absolutely blew her away in terms of charisma, workrate, ability to work the crowd, mic work etc. Hope she is back for the longhaul.

Rebecca Knox is reportedly currently studying in Chicago and lives about 15 mins or so from the venue, so I could see her as a regular - although I doubt she'll wrestle again, as she said in her return interview that she was not there to 'destroy her body' for anybody [and she has only worked one match since 2006.]

Madison Eagles and Kellie Skater are indeed both Aussies but both [particularly Madison] have been working and living in the US for a little while now [Eagles since mid/late January I believe] so they wont have needed to be flown in for the show.

The Joshi girls are working ROH next weekend, so I would guess they are splitting some of the costs.

Rhia paid for herself.

LuFisto was not at the last tapings in October because they, apparently, could not afford to bring her in.

Still, I believe Shimmer do live and die mainly by their DVD sales, which, I am assuming, provide them with enough money to be able to run their shows, imports and all.

results from CaptAlbatross twitter

Sparkle

Brittany Force & December lost to Rhia O'Reilly & Jet Riley

Main Show

Kelli Skater beat Courtney Rush

LuFisto beat Sassy Stephie

Racheal Summerlyn beat Mena Libra

Shimmer Tag Champs 3S (Misaki Ohata and Hiroyo Matsumoto) beat Nikki Roxx and Ariel

Mercedes Martinez beat Britani Knight

Tomoka Nakagawa & Daizee Haze beat Jamilia Craft & Mia Yim

Jessica James beat Athena

MsCheif beat Sweet Saraya

Seerna Deeb beat Portia Perez by dq

belivev taping 40 will involve the knight dynasty and alison danger some how, due to what has happened backstage

What idiot said that? I've seen Saraya live before, and no question she's good at what she does and is a good female performer. But mini-Bruiser Brody? Thats unnecessary hyperbole and isnt realistic praise. Compliment her on her ability to make the crowd believe she poses a threat to the other women combatants or the way she competes in the ring as a talent. Comparing her to Brody isnt a credible review of her talents. It would be like saying "CM Punk is a mini Undertaker". Its such a out of the blue and irrelevent comparison, it makes you wonder who writes those reviews.

I agree Hitman, and it is indeed an odd comparison to make - just to clarify though, that particular statement was made by an American fan in attendance who was seeing Saraya for the first time.

I would certainly say that it sounds like the Knights made a HUGE first impression with the live audience though.

Regardless of whether you think it's accurate or not, it goes to show that Saraya got that particular fan BUZZING and full of excitement to the point that he decided to make that comparison. Maybe in the cold light of day, he might not have made that comparison, who knows, only he can tell us that, but what it does show is that Saraya managed to get that fan (and plenty others by the sound of it) completely wrapped up and lost in the moment, and THAT, ladies and gents, is what working a crowd is all about.

Regardless of whether you think it's accurate or not, it goes to show that Saraya got that particular fan BUZZING and full of excitement to the point that he decided to make that comparison. Maybe in the cold light of day, he might not have made that comparison, who knows, only he can tell us that, but what it does show is that Saraya managed to get that fan (and plenty others by the sound of it) completely wrapped up and lost in the moment, and THAT, ladies and gents, is what working a crowd is all about.

True, true......

Nicole Matthews beat Jessie McKay 2-1

Hamada and Melissa beat Del Ray and Eagles when Hamada pins the champ. Apparently the ref riled up Hamada so much that she actually yelled 'Shut the fuck up!' at him!!

Saraya dragged Knox into the ring during her match and had her scream at MsChif. Like it! :) Apparently, after Brittani lost, Knox had reportedly said that she was deathly afraid of what Saraya would do to her for Brittani losing.

I would guess at Hamada vs Eagles, Daizee and Tomoka v Ohata and Matsumoto and The Knights v Leva and Danger at the next tapings.

Early Volume 40 results.....

Kellie Skater beat Taylor Made

Rachel Summerlynn defeated Bonesaw

Mercedes Martinez pinned Christina Von Eerie

MsChif defeated Melanie Cruise

Remaining Volume 40 results....

Jessie McKay pinned Athena

The Knights defeated Leva Bates and Allison Danger

Sara Del Ray beat Jessica James

Serena Deeb defeated LuFisto and Portia Perez and Cheerleader Melissa

Ayumi Kurihara pinned Nicole Matthews

Daizee Haze and Tomoka Nakagawa beat Misaki Ohata and Hiroyo Matsumoto to win the Tag Titles

Madison Eagles pinned Ayako Hamada in what was reportedly a fanatastic main event

Britani and Saraya did a fantastic job, the crowd were totally in awe of them.

Thats my girls :D

Another Knights related post from the SHIMMER forum.....

'Now all you have to do is make sure the Knights dont kill us all, I mean couldn't someone warn us they were insane?'

:)

Absolutely LOVING IT!!! 100 o/o

Just a few more posts from the SHIMMER forum re: The Knights. Please allow for mark-ish hyperbole.

'I heard Saraya got a fan so riled that he spit at her during the show. If that ain't heel heat, I dunno what is.'

'I think all the Undertakers, MsChifs, Lady Poisons, and other imitators of intimidation can't hold a candle to how legit scary Saraya is.'

In a thread entitled 'I'll remember the Vol.37-40 tapings for.....' we got....

'Saraya Knight calling Nikki Roxx a "Stupid Cow". :) '

'Saraya's glare... even after talking to her during intermission and the after parties she terrifies me.'

'Holding up an "I Fear Saraya" sign while she stood on the apron, her looking down and seeing it and simply saying "...Good."'

'The Knight Dynasty with Rebecca Knox. They stole the shows pretty much, they had people irate lol. It was so entertaining.

In particular, i loved when Saraya told the crowd to "Shut up or I will come out there and kick your ass!" and the crowd chants "Family Show! Family Show!" and she says, "I looked around, and I dont see any children!", and someone lifts up a little girl, looks to be about 8 or 9, and Saraya says "You must be awful parents for bringing a child to something like this!" It was just great, she was so good. Must see stuff on the DVDs.'

'Getting locked in a Cravate by Saraya for the purposes of a photograph and nearly getting my neck broken'

'During the Mercedes/Britani match the crowd was chanting to Britani " where's your mommy" clap clap clap clap clap " & Britani screaming almost crying " i don't know"'

I may be wrong, but something tells me that The Knights may be invited back to SHIMMER.

Archived