Worst experiences at a gig or festival

Mock-The-Cross

Aye so I'm sure we have all been to a festival or a gig. Although there may be moments or things that will either fuck you off or make you remember it more. So feel free to share your experiences, good or bad.

To start: Last years Bloodstock, I was staggering my way to them delightful porto loos. Ie was to be my one and only shit of the fest. I sit down to find spunk on the seat!....may I add it was sellotaped to the lid!!

This was the 1st night, some clorty cunt couldn't keep it away for 3 days. Trust me I do remember a lot more of the fest, but that stood out for the wrong reasons.

• Paid Members

Download festival 2006. We went down in my van me and mate and stayed/slept in it. He has a bit of a body odour problem it's not that he is usually an un-clean guy but he will smell and bad if he doesn't shower and only has a wash.

We got to stay in the part with the caravans and camper vans and the toilets were always kept well. Not a lot of smell and in fairly good nick.

So we arrive Wednesday night and getting smashed all the way through to Saturday same day England were playing in the world cup. We both have been washing with baby wipes lots of spray etc and I still smell fresh. On the Saturday morning as we were planning on going up to watch the football and my mate was starting to stink the place up he decided he would take a shower there was 3 on site near the toilets.

He goes down Saturday morning feeling rough anyway as we have been living it up drugs/drink no food etc. He thinks as the toilets are in good nick the showers should be the same. We were roughly about 60 feet from the toilets and it was baking so everyone was outside as well. Off my mate goes to shower. He opens the door and either one person has a serious contender for shit of the year or a few people have been in and turned the shower into a shrine for shit. His first thing to do was throw up instantly into the shower which was as he described green liquid he then spent the next twenty minutes throwing up on the grass outside the shower.

Needless to say he smelt a whole lot worse attempting to have a shower than he did before he went down there.

• Paid Members

I got too much sun at Download one year and on the night and the next day at work I sweat the stuff you get in a blister and it sort of congealed. I had to stop driving home after finishing early with it to wash my face as it was stopping one eye opening. Over the next week my face went a dark black and fell off in clumps. I also missed a Def leopard song while I was vomiting a pint in a cup.

It was a grand day over all though, didn't spoil the fun.

The worst festival experience Ive had was someone pissing down the back of my legs whist stood in the middle of the crowd at the front. You cant move and get carried by that many people. Its not so bad.. Shame I didnt have a Jelly fish sting really.

One poor fucker who was at Reading one year was stuck in a portaloo when that was tipped up. The Bog of Eternal Stench was never more an apt description, rancid

Ive no idea what csued it, but last year at Download I got some kind of infection in my eye which casued it close up all day on the friday. i went to the medical station and the washed it out, which helped for about an hour.The people they had working at the medical station came to the conclusion it was hayfever by looking at my eye, such was the thoroughness of the examination, to which they then tried to sell me some hayfever tablets at

• Moderators

At Reading in about 98 or so. I showed up on the Saturday, had no tent or other means of sleeping. I foolishly assumed I'd meet up with my friend at some point, and if worst came I'd just sleep on the ground (it's the middle of summer right!).

As luck would have it I did find my friend quite quickly during the Llama Farmers set (LMAO). Back in the days of not having a mobile phone this is amazingly lucky looking back. So I ask him where he is sleeping. He reveals that there really isn't any room in his tent. Fast forward to latter in the evening he ends up getting kicked out of his own tent by our other friend ploughing some bird. This leaves the two of us with no where to sleep.

Several beers later we end up talking to this guy who had a tent right next to our group. A massive massive tent. Could easily sleep 6 people in there. Got chatting to him and he seemed alright. We had similar music tastes etc. Having explained the situation to him he invited us to sleep in his tent explaining that his mate "probably won't be around".

This was great news....until we started talking to someone who actually knew this bloke. Turns out he was a nutter who was incredibly creepy.

This left us in a difficult position. On the one hand we didn't want to go spend the night in this nutters tent, but also hadn't expected it to be so fucking cold. We couldn't bare the cold anymore and retreated to this blokes tent.

It wasn't long before the weirdness started. He offered us a joint. He offered us some "jungle juice" which was his own blend of booze. Both were turned down. He asked us if we'd heard any gossip about him. We denied it. He then asked for our home addresses as he'd like to be mates after the festival. We fobbed him off with claims of "yeah will give you it before we leave".

Roll on a few hours and somehow we'd managed to fall asleep without getting raped. I woke up in the middle of the night to some very unsettling noises which I could only assume was him strumming himself off although was not about to turn over to find out for sure.

I bolted out of there as soon as the sun came up. I told my friend to come with me but he went "nah, I've already got me bus ticket paid for" and stayed one-on-one with this guy. A couple of hours later when he finally woke up he found this guy staring at him who then uttered "let me cook you breakfast" to him.

• Paid Members

I rarely go to festivals as I'm essentially a very tight-fisted individual, but on a couple of occasions my girlfriends' dad has got us tickets to the Isle of Wight festival. It's not very wild event this festival, attended mainly by families, but with the odd young tear-aways scattered about. Also they have a pretty strict drug searching policy, presumably to appease the locals who are to a man either aged over 60 or with the same mentality and the idea of a popular beat festival conjures up images of long haired ne'er-do-wells high on acid roaming the streets, pissing in shop doorways and not waving to passers by on public footpaths. So basically, both times I've been I was searched every fucking time I went into the main area. Probably about 12 times in all. Humourlessly as a well I might add. I got a haircut as soon as I got home.

Also, fuck Muse. After years of people saying how great they are live and how I'd really change my opinion of them once I saw them, they were an absolute damp squib. Kinking around big inflatable balls is no substitute of having a decent set. Load of arse.

I think I'm missing the gene that makes you look at pictures of a sweaty throng of people who haven't showered for 3 days bouncing around caked in mud and fuck knows what else and think 'wow, wish I was there!'.

The stories in this thread seem to confirm my opinion that, if I got to hell, the longest bit between limbo and the oven will be a UK music festival.

I think I'm missing the gene that makes you look at pictures of a sweaty throng of people who haven't showered for 3 days bouncing around caked in mud and fuck knows what else and think 'wow, wish I was there!'.

The stories in this thread seem to confirm my opinion that, if I got to hell, the longest bit between limbo and the oven will be a UK music festival.

That's the exact point of this thread though, even if all these things may or may not happen, at the end of the day you still have a great time and you end up doing it all again the next year!

Well mine would have probably been on the train back from Leeds Fest '07, if that counts?

After a terrific weekend, me and two mates finally got on the train to head back home. Our comedowns had started to kick in by this point and we were just ready to crash out completely so welcomed some well deserved sleep on the train. It never happens when you want it to though, does it? Just as we were pulling away from the station a 30-something year old nutter of an alcy came and sat at the table next to us.

At first we didn't mind too much, it was quite amusing listening to her blabbering on whilst taking swigs straight out of her bottle of wine. She stank and looked a complete state, but then we couldn't really have been much better at that point so that wasn't the real problem.

After about five or ten minutes she started to completely lose her voice, screeching through parts of her sentences and shouting at others. Thankfully there were only a few other people on the train, but by god did she have their attention by this point. Still to this day, I wonder whether they thought she was with us or not.

It had started to get to the point where it was unbearable listening to her now and she was turning into 100% pyscho-come-slag mode, telling us how she'd had her kids taken off her and about all the blokes she'd fucked. She sat up onto the table with this tiny belt of a skirt on with her legs open, no knickers on and just a stinking sweaty slab of fucking minge on display.

Any other time and this situation could have been seen as a funny, 'ha ha' experience. But not in the states we were in, it was hell. Then she raised the steaks and started to try and put her arms around us and tried to sit on my leg. I instinctively said "I've got a girlfriend, she's about to ring me, that lad's single though." and pointed to my mate sat opposite us.

Well as she started to try and get some sort of position on his leg, me and the other lad should have been pissing ourselves laughing but couldn't even manage so much as a smile. We were fucking wrecks and she had made the situation one hundred times worse.

Thankfully, as luck would have it one of the other passengers must have rang the 5.0 because she got arrested at the next stop.

Just a truly horrific state of affairs.

Archived