JR's tweet- "1 more big announcement coming likely Mon on Raw

ligerbomb

JR tweeted this on wednesday. Thought I'd make a thread about it as it could be something good and there are several options, I've narrowed it down to four things that it could be as well as why and why not responses to that notion.

1.) The Rock is added to the WWE Title match with Cena and Miz.

why? Rock hinted at wrestling again in a recent WWE magazine interview, a large U-Turn on previous statements. Also today the observer has reported that Rock is now willing to do more than he originally was when the deal was struck, although what that means exactly is unknown.

why not? Rock has said repeatedly that he isn't going to wrestle again and his not wrestling seems to be accepted industry wide.

Chances of it being this: 5%

2.) Sin Cara debuts or is announced to debut at Wrestlemania.

why? Wrestlemania is lacking, for want of a better term, a "highspot" match with the removal of MITB. In addition, Sin Cara has been cropping up on house show lineups, most notably for tomorrow night March 25th show where he is advertised to appear. PWinsider have also reported now that he IS SCHEDULED for mondays Raw, probably for a dark match but in any case they are not waiting until after mania to get him in the mix-so he may be involved. Plus they have gone out of their way to do promo videos for him on the raws leading up to mania, where TV time is precious.

why not? WWE usually debut new talents after Wrestlemania for fear they will get lost in the mix. One could argue that his debut would have less impact on a packed Wrestlemania show than it would in the post mania lull where he can stand out as a major story. Also, if he were to be in a match it is difficult to see where they would put him. It looks like he will be on raw and the only logical opponent at the moment would be Evan Bourne, but Bourne got squashed by Sheamus this past week. That's not to say he couldn't still be a worthy opponent but if this was the plan they would most likely have done more to protect Bourne.

Chances of it being this: 25%

3.) The Road Warriors are inducted into the Hall of Fame

why? This looks a lock at this point and is, in many ways, a "big announcement"

why not? This is pretty much considered as a sure thing and so there is no reason why JR would go out of his way to refer to it. Also the "1 more" part of the tweet suggests more that it is an announcement to go along with Taker/HHH, Rock, Austin etc as opposed to simply an expected HOF annaouncement.

Chances of it being this: 25% (chances of this happening 99%)

4.) Christian being added to the World Heavyweight Title match

Why? WWE has clearly and strongly involved christian with the del rio/edge feud. He has history with both men and they have done nothing to involve him in another match at mania. He has also been getting wins over Del Rio at an odd time if they were not going to be positioning them somewhat as equals. The observer reported that WWE were considering adding christian to the match.

why not? WWE likes one on one matchs at wrestlemania and if they were to add christian why wait so late as this mondays raw?

chances of it being this: 50%

So they are what comes to mind, but it might be something completely different and it may be something utterly underwhelming. We will see if WWE themselves promote an announcement closer to the time of raw. Personally I would love it if Rock were wrestling but I cant say it so of the slightly more realistic options I'd love a Sin Cara debuts at mania announcement!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No way would they add Rock into the match at this short notice, and making his return match a Triple Threat would be silly. There could be a big chance of Christian being added to the WHC match, but I'd doubt it would just be announced 6 nights before it happens, they have no time to promote it. Not much time anyway. I would love JR to commentate Wrestlemania, but it wouldn't really be a big announcement would it? Not rhetorical, I actually wouldn't mind knowing. Sure it would be great for the Cole/Lawler feud, but Cole needs to get the upper hand on the last stop before the match again, so people pay to see him humiliated. I can see it being that LOD are going into the Hall Of Fame, that is pretty huge, even though they aren't in my favourites, they could be seen as one third of the tag team version of the "Hulk Hogan, Stone Cold and The Rock Triangle".

• Paid Members

I thought the Road Warriors HoF had already been announced? Because Dusty Rhodes is inductingnthem & Paul Ellering will be in attendance too.

• Paid Members

Triple H takes off his very convincing mask to reveal Sting. Sting in TNA takes off his mask to show he was Jeff Hardy all along. The pissed up imposter version of Jeff Hardy is unveiled to be Daffney. They announce that was the reason they sacked her. Cena then turns heel.

Triple H takes off his very convincing mask to reveal Sting. Sting in TNA takes off his mask to show he was Jeff Hardy all along. The pissed up imposter version of Jeff Hardy is unveiled to be Daffney. They announce that was the reason they sacked her. Cena then turns heel.

WalkerRoy.jpg

"It's good but it's not right".

As crazy as it would be to have the Rock wrestle unadvertised, I have a feeling The Rock will leave WM 27 as the WWE champion.

I mentioned (in jest) to someone the other day that they should do a "Wrestlemania 9".

Have Alex Riley throw Wrestling Powder in Cena's eyes, leading to Miz getting the wn, then Cena encouraging rock to "go get him for me", leading to a Rock Bottom, Elbow and pinfall.

Ideas like that you should be Vinces number two all very believable well except Cena turning heel

As crazy as it would be to have the Rock wrestle unadvertised, I have a feeling The Rock will leave WM 27 as the WWE champion.

I mentioned (in jest) to someone the other day that they should do a "Wrestlemania 9".

Have Alex Riley throw Wrestling Powder in Cena's eyes, leading to Miz getting the wn, then Cena encouraging rock to "go get him for me", leading to a Rock Bottom, Elbow and pinfall.

If they went down this route I'd do it with Cena winning and challenging Rock to a match, which he takes on the spot and wins. Then Cena gets the belt back the next night one of the following ways:

1. Cena claims a rematch and turns full-blown heel (cheating/interference/etc) to get the belt back

2. Acts the whiny heel to convince the GM to have the belt returned to him on a technicality

3. Rock vacates the belt to leave for Hollywood... or just leaves with it (This allows Cena to continue to play on Rock deserting WWE setting up an undisputed championship match)

Each of these scenarios sets up a proper match for further down the road - either at Summerslam or (preferably IMO) next Wrestlemania. What could be better than a mega-match with a whole year to build it up?

Archived