JR's tweet- "1 more big announcement coming likely Mon on Raw

ligerbomb

I thought the Road Warriors HoF had already been announced? Because Dusty Rhodes is inductingnthem & Paul Ellering will be in attendance too.

Not yet being announced, but will be announced this Monday because Raw is in Chicago, their worked home town.

This will be what the announcement is.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought the Road Warriors HoF had already been announced? Because Dusty Rhodes is inductingnthem & Paul Ellering will be in attendance too.

Not yet being announced, but will be announced this Monday because Raw is in Chicago, their worked home town.

This will be what the announcement is.

IF we see a "big announcement on RAW" thing on WWE.com prior to RAW, it won't be this. As, it's not a BIG thing in the run up to mania.

However, if it remains as JR's talk, the HOF announcement seems viable..

However, as someone going to WM, I'd LOVE it to be a huge thing.

I thought they might have stuck Precious Paul in there with 'em since he was a pretty big part of their act (onscreen and off).

The Road Warriors induction is pretty big to me. In some ways I think it's amazing how many people remember them when you say the words "tag team" all these years later. In other ways, I suppose it should be expected since the big early 90s UK boom period came at a time when they were in WWF and they were probably the most popular act behind Hogan/Warrior/Savage/Bulldog over here.

In the States I'd imagine it would mean even more so because in the NWA they were an even bigger deal and actually pushed as main eventers. You think of the non-McMahon guys who got publicity in the magazines and even Pure WWFers had heard of: Flair, Rhodes, Lawler and The Road Warriors. Later on Sting and Luger.

I thought they might have stuck Precious Paul in there with 'em since he was a pretty big part of their act (onscreen and off).

The Road Warriors induction is pretty big to me. In some ways I think it's amazing how many people remember them when you say the words "tag team" all these years later. In other ways, I suppose it should be expected since the big early 90s UK boom period came at a time when they were in WWF and they were probably the most popular act behind Hogan/Warrior/Savage/Bulldog over here.

In the States I'd imagine it would mean even more so because in the NWA they were an even bigger deal and actually pushed as main eventers. You think of the non-McMahon guys who got publicity in the magazines and even Pure WWFers had heard of: Flair, Rhodes, Lawler and The Road Warriors. Later on Sting and Luger.

I agree it is pretty big and well overdue. I watched the Road Warriors dvd again the other night and something Barry Darsaw said was very true, something to the effect of "most guys start and the bottom and climb to the top - the road warriors started and the top and grew from there"

I guess it's true. They couldn't wrestle a lick but by fuck did you want to see them kick the shit out of people. Personally I prefer the Stieners over them but they are number 2 in my book.

• Paid Members

Here's something interesting from tonights Observer update:

--The Rock did an AP interview talking about WrestleMania. The story also has quotes from John Cena and teases a Cena vs. Rock match at http://www.seattlepi.com/othersports/2080a..._rock_says.html Put it this way. He's not teasing wrestling a match unless he's going to be wrestling a match. The next 11 days are going to be very interesting.

Here's something interesting from tonights Observer update:

--The Rock did an AP interview talking about WrestleMania. The story also has quotes from John Cena and teases a Cena vs. Rock match at http://www.seattlepi.com/othersports/2080a..._rock_says.html Put it this way. He's not teasing wrestling a match unless he's going to be wrestling a match. The next 11 days are going to be very interesting.

The standout quotes from that article being:

He won't wrestle in the company's signature event, but Johnson promised he'd be all over the Georgia Dome, interacting with wrestlers, fans and just maybe laying the smack down one more time if John Cena or The Miz step out of line.

And:

It sounds like the bout is closer to reality - or at least the tease is - than ever. Johnson is booked for "RAW" the night after Wrestlemania, but he wouldn't disclose how many more appearances he'd make before leaving in June to film his next movie.

And:

"I've never said never. I'm open to it," he said. "For years when I was asked that, I kept my emotions very close to my sleeve. I would say, 'No, I don't see myself wrestling a match,' because I didn't want to leave that open too much. I wanted to make sure I was concentrating solely on my goals in acting."

He believes he can handle the acting-wrestling tag-team combo from here on out and dropped enough hints that he'll be landing "The People's Elbow" well beyond Wrestlemania.

So we can almost certainly rule out The Rock being added to the WWE Title match at Wrestlemania, but could he be involved in a Mike Tyson enforcer type capacity?

He's dropped the biggest hints yet in that article that he could return to the ring. Might the big announcement be that we'll get The Rock vs Cena next week on RAW? Or at a Pay-Per-View between now and The Rock's departure in June? Could The Rock feasibly squeeze Summerslam into his schedule if he's starting to film his next movie in June?

• Paid Members

Yeah. It looks like their is progress made on a future Rock match though, which is great news. Adding the Rock to WrestleMania as a wrestler with 6 days build, when they could get about 2 months of television out of it in the future, would be completely mental. Rock vs Cena always seemed to big not to happen.

Archived