JR's tweet- "1 more big announcement coming likely Mon on Raw

ligerbomb

As crazy as it would be to have the Rock wrestle unadvertised, I have a feeling The Rock will leave WM 27 as the WWE champion.

Is it wrong that i would mark out like a b***h if that happened?

Not at all. I'd be running around the Georgia dome mate.

Though, not entirely unfeasible.

Think about it, WWE loves getting exposure in mainstream media. "Movie star" The Rock wins the biggest prize in the Sports entertainment world? Possibly have Snooki do something, or another celeb, and it continues the mass exposure that the E will get if that happens. The ratings would be incredible for RAW the next night, and, the repeat buyrates could be big too.

It's a smart strategy and will create a real buzz. Old fans would return if The Rock was champ, just to see what's happening. The more I think about it, the cooler that idea becomes.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Here's something interesting from tonights Observer update:

--The Rock did an AP interview talking about WrestleMania. The story also has quotes from John Cena and teases a Cena vs. Rock match at http://www.seattlepi.com/othersports/2080a..._rock_says.html Put it this way. He's not teasing wrestling a match unless he's going to be wrestling a match. The next 11 days are going to be very interesting.

The standout quotes from that article being:

He won't wrestle in the company's signature event, but Johnson promised he'd be all over the Georgia Dome, interacting with wrestlers, fans and just maybe laying the smack down one more time if John Cena or The Miz step out of line.

And:

It sounds like the bout is closer to reality - or at least the tease is - than ever. Johnson is booked for "RAW" the night after Wrestlemania, but he wouldn't disclose how many more appearances he'd make before leaving in June to film his next movie.

And:

"I've never said never. I'm open to it," he said. "For years when I was asked that, I kept my emotions very close to my sleeve. I would say, 'No, I don't see myself wrestling a match,' because I didn't want to leave that open too much. I wanted to make sure I was concentrating solely on my goals in acting."

He believes he can handle the acting-wrestling tag-team combo from here on out and dropped enough hints that he'll be landing "The People's Elbow" well beyond Wrestlemania.

So we can almost certainly rule out The Rock being added to the WWE Title match at Wrestlemania, but could he be involved in a Mike Tyson enforcer type capacity?

He's dropped the biggest hints yet in that article that he could return to the ring. Might the big announcement be that we'll get The Rock vs Cena next week on RAW? Or at a Pay-Per-View between now and The Rock's departure in June? Could The Rock feasibly squeeze Summerslam into his schedule if he's starting to film his next movie in June?

If I was The Rock and Vincent McMahon had just thrown money at me I would be inclined to say whatever will bring interest to me and Wrestlemania. If people wanted to hear I was going to Wrestlemania to have an orgy with all the divas I would say it because it would be what my fan's want.

He is not coming back he may do one more match some where down the line possibly but I can't even see that. He makes loads more money from movies and he doesn't have to abuse his body for it. The Rock is going to say anything he can to make fans buy that PPV. I am getting it I love the WWE product and I buy every PPV but a lot of people don't. If you can't make up your mind about buying it The Rock is trying to make it for you. He can say I may wrestle I won't rule it out, I might lay the smackdown on The Miz or Cena if they step out of line. People will think oh shit he is going to kick shit out of Cena and The Miz at Wrestlemania I have got to see that.

He is playing politics he is being smart. When Floyd Mayweather was at Wrestlemania didn't he get a cut of the PPV buys The Rock is probably on same sort of deal. After Wrestlemania is done and whatever happens The Rock will come out the following night and do his bit and then he will be gone. He will turn up now and then if the WWE is in his area and that will be the extent of his WWE wrestling. Sorry to shit on loads of peoples dreams but that is more realistic than anything else.

The big announcement I think will either be Christian in the main event which is bull shit really. Edge has been the champion for however long, Del Rio beat 39 other superstars to book his place and Christian has, well he has blind sided the heel a few times looking out for his long time friend and beat him in a couple of matches. He doesn't deserve to be in the main event. It would probably add to the main event but he did not beat 39 other superstars and he has never been champion. This would also stack the odds against Del Rio and that is not a good thing to do to a heel. It

Agree with everything crawlingwest said above.

Rock is just teasing, creating interest playing his part in the hyping of the event.

I'm sure he'll make cameo appearances here and there and that he will wrestle one match one day but not at this WrestleMania.

I do think it's gonna be who the hell is singing the America the beautiful, JR commentating or Christian being added to the Edge match.

Big hoops nite. Hittin gym. Watching games=longer cardio. Big HOF announcement likely Mon on RAW. Plus HHH/Taker face 2 face & Rock live.

From JRs Twitter and then a few moments later he posted this:

Will Rock engage in physicality on Monday's Raw in Chi-Town? By sound of @TheRock tweets it sounds possible. Who wants 2 knotch their gun?

• Paid Members

If The Rock does want to wrestle again WWE would be smart to do the match at Summer Slam or next years 'Mania. I remember somebody posting a scenario on here about giving his match with Cena a long build and them teasing something 'Mania/post-'Mania Raw.

It's the biggest match in wrestling, WWE need to give it more than a 6 day build. Plus, Cena turns heel.

- I reckon he probably is on about the LOD going into the Hall of Fame as Raw emanates from Chicago.

- If The Rock was gonna wrestle I would of thought it would be at the next mania in Miami

- Christian is most likely to be in Edge's corner

- Interesting goss about World Title match (I have marked as spoiler just in case anyone doesn't want to read it)

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

Rumour has it that Christian may turn on edge at mania and help del rio win

Rumour has it that Christian may turn on edge at mania and help del rio win

I know its wrestling but it makes no sense

Del Rio injured Christian for 6 months so he'd hardly side with Del Rio, the more likely approach is Edge wins, then Christian turns on him...

Archived