That London

Frankie Crisp

• Paid Members

Sightseeing, well there's plenty - go down to the Thames, you've got the views from the bridges, the South Bank, County Hall, Gabriel's Wharf, the OXO Tower, or you can head into Camden: loads of stuff to do around there, mainly markets though.

Somewhere to eat - N1 also includes Angel, which has loads of great, decently-priced eateries, so have a look around - main places are Upper Street and Chapel Street.

After gig-drinks, and also possibly for breakfast as well, you really can't go wrong with King's Cross. The entire area's been redeveloped, so there are scores of bars, cafes and restaurants around there.

• Moderators

If the weather is as nice in a few weeks as it is now, I'd probably just do a whole lot of walking about town. It's hard to recommend sightseeing options without knowing what y'all are in to.

As for somewhere to stay.. no idea of specifics, but just be aware that you don't need to stay somewhere particularly central because it's very easy to get around. Somewhere in Zone 2 would probably be ideal.

• Awards Moderator

Cheers gents, some really good suggestions there. I'll speak to 'er indoors to see what she fancies but I reckon we'll do a combination of many of the things above.

If anyone's got any recommendations for nice hotels, they'd be welcome.

EDIT: I mean the suggestions would be welcome. I'm not inviting you to join us. Unless you want to, like.

• Paid Members

I usually stay at holiday inn hotels. Some are ok, there's a new one at Kensington which is nice. If you collect their loyalty points on business stays like I do then you can stay for free.

Archived