Anyone ever worked as a postman/woman?

Ross

Yeah...been there and done it. Twice. The first time I stuck it two days and the second time I gave it a bash for 6 months. It's hard work. Good exercise though and if you don't mind lugging 6 heavy bags round for 6 or 7 hours then you'll love it! ;) You kind of get left to your own devices as far as planning your walk goes and if you don't know the area then the first week of doing it will take you all day every day until you get used to it. Maybe they help you a bit more these days as I'm going back 4 years but I certainly didn't get much assistence with planning the route.

Good luck mate. Don't let any of this put you off it just wasn't for me.

• Paid Members

Sweet job. You get to finish by lunch time & spend the rest of the day wanking & watching the horse racing. Loads of posties are piss heads though for the very reason that you've got all afternoon left to your own devices. Not to mention you also get a good bonus when it's someone's birthday ;)

Im currently a postie, have been for 8 years. Things are changing from next week at our office, all bikes are being scrapped and we will be required to work until our shift ends at 2.30pm, no going home once finished, which was the great perk of the job.

We are also going to be leaving the office to start deliveries later (10.15) so that means that the public will be getting their mail even later.

Its a decent job though with very decent pay, and once you are out on delivery there is no boss on your back, and believe me they are on your back when you are sorting prior to delivery. Best job Ive ever had, although most of the old-timers, guys who have been there since they left school cant stand the new changes.

Good luck

The postal service used to be the envy of the world, now it is a joke! How the Queen still dares to put her name to it is beyond me. I used to rely heavily on their so called "service", not any more. Lots of argumnents/lies/frustration, i had a few victories along the way, pissing off the same Jobsworths that pissed me off.

If i was on Room 101 the Post Office or Royal Mail ( there is a difference apparently) would be second on my list, with only public transport ahead of the pile of stinking sh*t that you may end up working for? Good Luck, you will need it! :angry:

Archived