St Patricks Day

Cobra1000

• Paid Members

I do have a lot of family up in northen ireland, so i should get out and do something, although it being a thursday is a bit pants! May pop out for a couple of drinks tonight and make up for lost time on saturday night.

Think the family over there will be getting hammered though

In a contemporary twist, I'll be living the Irish way by running up a bar tab about three or four times what I can afford then getting all my international friends to pay for it and clean up the mess I've left behind.

• Paid Members
In a contemporary twist, I'll be living the Irish way by running up a bar tab about three or four times what I can afford then getting all my international friends to pay for it and clean up the mess I've left behind.

What's the quickest way to starve an Irish farmer?

Tape up his letterbox.

What's the quickest way to starve an Irish farmer?

Tape up his letterbox.

That's terrible. You've blighted this thread with talk of starving Irish farmers.

I'm Irish. Paddy's Day is a bad joke. Little more than an excuse for scum to openly act like scum. It's actually not as bad as the recently installed Arthur's Day though, which has already surpassed it for national notoriety. If you're going to drink yourself into oblivion, have the decency to do it in private.

• Paid Members

Yep, couldn't agree more. I've gone out drinking once on Paddy's Day (back in '06) and made the mistake of going on O Connell St. 8pm and the street was filled with "scum openly acting like scum" as you said, dozens and dozens of girls as young as maybe 14 or 15 on their backs, legs in the air and pools of vomit everywhere. The company I was with for years always had working on Paddy's day as optional, so I did from then on. It's horrid turd, the mother of all of non-holidays.

2am this morning, I was walking through Nottingham last on my way home from work. Decided to pop into McDonalds and seen some bloke in a green, white and orange tutu, as well as several other horrendous looking individuals, all dressed in green and anything else associated with Ireland. Got to the till and started to make my order when some pissed up girl says "oh my God, are you Irish?!". I put in my headphones and just fucked off.

Archived