St Patricks Day

Cobra1000

I'll be going out. I won't be wearing a comedy hat, but I will be having a pint of Guinness. I do like Ireland and the Irish, but I'll celebrate just about any occasion if it's an excuse for a drink and a bit of craic. I went out with some Norwegian mates for Norway day a few years back, and I'll probably even go out for a few on the day of the royal wedding seeing as it's a bank holiday, even though the pair of them and all their relatives can go off a fucking cliff for all I care.

• Paid Members

English, but Crumlin born so this quote I love

phil%20lynott.jpg

"When I'm in England, I say, I'm from Ireland. When I'm in Ireland, I say, I'm from Dublin. When I'm in Dublin, I say, I'm from Crumlin. When I'm in Crumlin, I say, Leighlin Road. When I'm in Leighlin Road, I say, I'm a Lynott."

Since I don't drink, I'm probably in the minority that doesn't get hammered. At least it means that not only today off but also tomorrow for many as well! Been spending most of the afternoon watching the Ulster schools Gaelic Football and Rugby finals on BBC2, always worthwhile games to watch if you haven't anything else much to do on 17th March. :thumbsup:

At least the Culchies in the Holylands in Belfast seem to have behaved themselves this year. :p

Archived