Smackdown *Spoilers 18/3

Super Cena

• Paid Members
Oh look, Teddy Long interrupted the opening segment to announce the main event.

Please, please, please make it stop. It's so predictable. I know authority figures on wrestling broadcasts tend to follow a formula but Jesus H. Christ.

I think Smackdown needs a new authority figure, either that or Teddy Long needs to turn heel. He's become a predictably pointless figure on the show, and there must be better options out there.

And I'd never noticed this before, but when I was looking to see if anyone had posted Cody Rhode's new entrance on Youtube I found his current video:

Looks kinda silly.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another set of spoilers say that Rhodes won with a headbutt while wearing his mask. He was described as "Kane-like" or something.

Good to see Brodus Clay in a prominent role. I was never his biggest fan in NXT but he's impressed me since he's been on Raw and Smackdown regularly. Poor Johnny Curtis though, first he has to put up with having R-Truth as a pro, and now after the winning the thing he hasn't been seen on TV while the person he beat is main eventing.

Apparently his music is a lot darker sounding and the mirrortron shows a funhouse style twisted image instead of the normal one. Sounds pretty awesome.

I was initially dissapointed because I love Smoke and Mirrors, but that does indeed sound awesome.

Yeah i totally didnt expect the angle to go this way. I just thought he'd have a mask and be like a bit of a crybaby about it. The fact he's got this dark disfigured personality has really got me interested in it.

• Awards Moderator
Sounds like Rhodes is going for a Phantom of the Opera kind of gimmick, which sounds pretty awesome

It'd be good if he did a full-on tribute and brought down the lighting rig at WrestleMania like the Phantom and the chandelier...

... Okay, maybe not. But that sort of character is something that should work really well and have longevity, which is good, because Cody's been a highlight of WWE recently (and that's not something I could have envisioned myself saying a year ago).

01.jpg

''You complete me''

:laugh:

That was bloody brilliant. Kane needs to be kind of a daft super face. Nothing else left for the guy to do. The monster schtick just doesn't cut it.

Cole's calling the Ankle Lock the Ank-Cole Lock now too. Tremendous.

Cody Rhodes's transformation is the best thing I've seen in wrestling in forever. I love the fact they made a dark moody version of his existing theme yet kept the mirror and have him paralysed with fear at it. The fact he wears a suit to wrestle distincts his from all the other members of the roster - and is something not seen since the attitude era as now everyone just wears similar trunks and look dull - back then, you had all different manners of ring attire and looks and it set them all apart.

He needs to keep the gimmick after the Wrestlemania - even through it's going to predictably end with Mysterio taking the mask off and hitting a 619. If he keeps the mask and then goes straight up against Edge after, that could provide an interesting feud with Edge going back to his "Master Psychologist" moniker to use various mirrors to taunt Rhodes. It'd most probably keep them both occupied for a while until they do another brand reshuffle. He can't go back to being plain old Dashing Cody Rhodes - Suit Wearing Mankind Cody Rhodes is the way to go.

Well, what an improvement this Smackdown was on last week's! I loved the whole thing, the Steel Cage main event with Christian and Alberto Del Rio was the best Cage match in a while. I actually really liked the Cody Rhodes match as well, I think he has turned the whole thing around, and he's turning into a Mankind sort of character, like a tortured soul. Michael Cole was brilliant once again, for the whole 2 hours. I was actually "lol-ing" at his celebration with Jack Swagger, I'm hoping for him to come out in Rocky entrance gear at Wrestlemania, with Swagger giving him the water and Vaseline over his face every couple of minutes, it's gonna be great. The Rey Mysterio/Ted DiBiase match was fun, and I demand to see more Maryse on WWE TV, she is amazing. And last but not least, the Kane/Big Show Vs The Corre segment was great, I hope to see Diesel and someone like Booker T join in and make it an 8 man tag at Wrestlemania.

Whats the deal with Ted Dibiase? When he came out his name was in the SmackDown background, so it looks like he's been quietly moved over to SmackDown, as when Sheamus came out he had the RAW background on his name.

Hopefully he'll progress on SmackDown, i still think he has something, it's just unearthing it, losing to little fan fare on his 'debut' on a new brand isnt too good however, maybe take him off TV completely for a month or two, then bring him back in a suprise attack on a face after the draft and see what they can do.

My favorite Booker T line of the night was "somebody gotta call the PO-LICE cause this is assault" classic.

Loving Smackdown, good to see Masters and Baretta get some TV time even though they didn't do much, I still like them both. Also Ted Dibiase did really well against Mysterio, I think a complete overhaul would do well for him. Clearly his "I'm the son of the Million Dollar Man' isn't working so I think something new would be good.

Still can't quite figure out Christian and what is gonna happen at Wrestlemania...

Archived