Smackdown *Spoilers 18/3

Super Cena

World Heavyweight Champion Edge comes to the ring to open the show. He'll face Brodus Clay in the opening bout. Edge hit the Spear on Clay to win the match. After the match, Alberto Del Rio came in and started attacking the World Heavyweight Champion. Christian came out and made the save before Teddy Long came out. Long announces Del Rio will face Christian in a Steel Cage Match later tonight.

WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. WWE United States Champion Sheamus. Winner via Brogue Kick, Sheamus.

Backstage, Big Show and Kane attempt to chokeslam one another but neither can execute the move.

"Dashing" Cody Rhodes beat Trent Barreta in a squash match. Rhodes had new entrance music.

Layla defeated Kelly Kelly. Michelle McCool was on commentary for the match. It was a typical Divas match. Kelly controlled most of the match, but Layla knocked Kelly off the turnbuckle after a distraction from McCool and got the win.

Justin Gabriel & Heath Slater vs. Big Show & Kane for the WWE Tag Team Championship. Winners via disqualification, Big Show & Kane. After the match, a brawl ensues with The Corre dominating Show and Kane.

Jack Swagger defeated Chris Masters. Not enough time to make it good but served its purpose. Swagger won with the ankle lock, then Michael Cole came out of his Cole Mine and did the ankle lock on Masters as well.

Rey Mysterio defeated Ted DiBiase (w/Maryse). A good showing from both guys with a few botched spots here and there. Ted continues to lose, but at least he made it to TV this week!

Christian defeated Alberto Del Rio in a steel cage match. Solid main event. Both guys worked really hard. There were some cool spots and some near falls that really had the crowd going. Christian won by escaping the cage when the two got tangled up. Before Del Rio could attack Christian, Edge appeared in Del Rio's car. He threatened to destroy it before Brodus Clay made the save and the two destroyed Edge with a con-chair-to on Edge's arm to close the show.

Taken from 24wrestling.com

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm gutted that Del Rio lost to Christian just a couple of weeks shy of Wrestlemania. At least he extracted some revenge on Edge. The match does sound fun though, I love Del Rio. It looks like we'll end up seeing Christian versus Brodus Clay at 'Mania then.

I can't wait to see Cole applying an ankle lock on Masters!

The Big Show/Kane segment sounds odd?

Sounds like another fun show, not as good as what Raw has been the past few weeks but I'll settle for it.

I'm quite pleased that Christian is getting involved in the Edge/Del Rio stuff and not being made to look like a loser. I dunno if we'll get Christian v Brodus at Mania, when they can just be in the corners of Edge and ADR in the main event.

I heard Cody Rhodes isn't wanting to be called Dashing now, not sure if that's correct or not.

Good to see Chris Masters get on SmackDown, I would love him to be pushed into something half-decent after Mania.

The Corre/Kane/Big Show stuff isn't great, and I've always been a Big Show fan (and Kane, sometimes). Thank God Show and Kane didn't win the tag titles again though.

I'm quite pleased that Christian is getting involved in the Edge/Del Rio stuff and not being made to look like a loser. I dunno if we'll get Christian v Brodus at Mania, when they can just be in the corners of Edge and ADR in the main event.

I heard Cody Rhodes isn't wanting to be called Dashing now, not sure if that's correct or not.

Good to see Chris Masters get on SmackDown, I would love him to be pushed into something half-decent after Mania.

The Corre/Kane/Big Show stuff isn't great, and I've always been a Big Show fan (and Kane, sometimes). Thank God Show and Kane didn't win the tag titles again though.

I read rumours that he is line for a push, and having been watching Superstars, the guy is on a big victory streak which is a good indication he could be getting more exposure come post-mania. Plus his work has been steady.

Needs new music though. His current one is tosh.

I read rumours that he is line for a push, and having been watching Superstars, the guy is on a big victory streak which is a good indication he could be getting more exposure come post-mania. Plus his work has been steady.

Needs new music though. His current one is tosh.

Ahhh I need to start watching Superstars again if the Masterpiece is getting a good run!

Another set of spoilers say that Rhodes won with a headbutt while wearing his mask. He was described as "Kane-like" or something.

Good to see Brodus Clay in a prominent role. I was never his biggest fan in NXT but he's impressed me since he's been on Raw and Smackdown regularly. Poor Johnny Curtis though, first he has to put up with having R-Truth as a pro, and now after the winning the thing he hasn't been seen on TV while the person he beat is main eventing.

Another set of spoilers say that Rhodes won with a headbutt while wearing his mask. He was described as "Kane-like" or something.

Good to see Brodus Clay in a prominent role. I was never his biggest fan in NXT but he's impressed me since he's been on Raw and Smackdown regularly. Poor Johnny Curtis though, first he has to put up with having R-Truth as a pro, and now after the winning the thing he hasn't been seen on TV while the person he beat is main eventing.

Apparently his music is a lot darker sounding and the mirrortron shows a funhouse style twisted image instead of the normal one. Sounds pretty awesome.

Yeah i've heard the new music is an instrumental slower evil sounding version of Smoke & Mirrors.. which should sound amazing lol

Evil Baywatch drums ftw..

Anyway, I guess it doesn't really work for the storyline but i'd have loved for a Cody/Ted beatdown on Rey at the end of the match. They should be friends on-screen who back each other up every now and again. It would instantly restore a bit of Ted's credibility too.

• Paid Members

Huh?! I thought Edge and Christian were to challenge for the tag titles?

Never mind, sounds like another fun Smackdown - I'm glad Cody got new music, it was really needed for his new character, and it also means his new act is likely something more permanent. I love what he's doing right now, he's quite probably my favorite heel in all of wrestling.

Apparently his music is a lot darker sounding and the mirrortron shows a funhouse style twisted image instead of the normal one. Sounds pretty awesome.

I was initially dissapointed because I love Smoke and Mirrors, but that does indeed sound awesome.

Oh look, Teddy Long interrupted the opening segment to announce the main event.

Please, please, please make it stop. It's so predictable. I know authority figures on wrestling broadcasts tend to follow a formula but Jesus H. Christ.

Never mind, sounds like another fun Smackdown - I'm glad Cody got new music, it was really needed for his new character, and it also means his new act is likely something more permanent. I love what he's doing right now, he's quite probably my favorite heel in all of wrestling.

nodq.com have said this about it:

- "At last night's WWE SmackDown tapings, they changed the advertised match of Edge and Christian vs. Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel for the WWE Tag Team Titles to Big Show and Kane as the challengers. No word yet on the reason for the change but a mid-day Twitter post from Christian indicates that he was still planning to team with Edge before the tapings began."

nodq.com have said this about it:

- "At last night's WWE SmackDown tapings, they changed the advertised match of Edge and Christian vs. Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel for the WWE Tag Team Titles to Big Show and Kane as the challengers. No word yet on the reason for the change but a mid-day Twitter post from Christian indicates that he was still planning to team with Edge before the tapings began."

Maybe they changed their minds, and are saving it for the Extreme Rules PPV or something.

Archived