Impact Wrestling Discussion **UK SPOILERS**

iamtheman

Are TNA doing any tapings this week?

2 episodes on wednesday in Maicon, georgia

Are the On The Road episodes a regular thing now then?

This October's are the last ones for this year

Oh I see. Well it's good to see them continuing with them anyway, it makes for a more enjoyable atmosphere.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL its TNA, this is what you should expect, forget slow burn heel turn, its amazing how two guys I would really like to see win world titles achieve that, but TNA manage to do it, so I dont give a fuck about either wins, its bitter sweet, just makes both men look stupid, big first title wins down the loo.

I thought Russo had been demoted but booking seems to be worse, its only a matter of time before Jeff is champ again anyway.

Yeah I'm still pissed at BFG ending, but TNA keep on proving theirs always a fuck up around the corner with them, atleast they killed my interest with BFG, so this dont bug me that much, just a shame really.

Hardy for the Title at Turning point anyone?

Heel Roode to drop the belt to Babyface Hardy at the next PPV? Only in TNA :D

• Paid Members

I can't see what your complaining about. You've now got a strong heel who is the champion and a strong babyface, who the people like, chasing it. And for all the "ONLY IN TNA LOL" shite, this was ALWAYS going to happen. One of them was going to turn, and the smart money had to be on Roode after the response and the scenes with Storm last week. This was always the natural conclusion. The matches will no doubt be good, and both are in far better positions than they were last month. There are no shades of grey anymore. We now have roles for both of them. Storm's the top babyface and Roode will probably fair far better as a heel at the minute. The only thing TNA are guilty of is not stringing it out over the next few weeks and trying to exploit it a bit. But I can't see how it make either of them look stupid? It makes both look great. It just doesn't do much for business, initially, which they should be thinking about. But in the long run its far better to establish this pair instead of leading to all kinds of confusion.

The way people are so keep to jump to conclusions by reading a spoiler filled with "lol beer bottle" type quotes is typical. No wonder no fucker watches wrestling anymore. Its much easier to read the spoilers and pass judgement then. 90% of wrestling will look rotten if you read about it before watching it.

I can't see what your complaining about. You've now got a strong heel who is the champion and a strong babyface, who the people like, chasing it. And for all the "ONLY IN TNA LOL" shite, this was ALWAYS going to happen. One of them was going to turn, and the smart money had to be on Roode after the response and the scenes with Storm last week. This was always the natural conclusion. The matches will no doubt be good, and both are in far better positions than they were last month. There are no shades of grey anymore. We now have roles for both of them. Storm's the top babyface and Roode will probably fair far better as a heel at the minute. The only thing TNA are guilty of is not stringing it out over the next few weeks and trying to exploit it a bit. But I can't see how it make either of them look stupid? It makes both look great. It just doesn't do much for business, initially, which they should be thinking about. But in the long run its far better to establish this pair instead of leading to all kinds of confusion.

The way people are so keep to jump to conclusions by reading a spoiler filled with "lol beer bottle" type quotes is typical. No wonder no fucker watches wrestling anymore. Its much easier to read the spoilers and pass judgement then. 90% of wrestling will look rotten if you read about it before watching it.

This.

Ideally I would have liked to have seen them drag it out for a bit longer but that's life, if they want to do a fast belt change and a quick heel turn then it's their party, they can do what they want. Sometimes a fast change can be just as effective as a slow burn, I think in this case stretching it out over a few months would have given time for tension to build up, jealousy to appear, that sort of thing. We all knew somebody would turn but it would have given it time, folk could have been speculating at who would be the first to crack. The only thing that pissed me off a bit about Storm getting the belt is that it made Roode look a bit daft seeing as they've been going on about him waiting 15 years or whatever, training montages,loads of build before BFG and then BOOM- he loses Storm pops up and goes "Yoink" and beats Angle pretty quickly, there was no build up to it, no fuss, almost like Roode was the one harping on about how he should be champion but Storms in the background knowing that he could be champion. I'm not fussed which one of them is champion becuase I think either one will be great, they could both pull off some great matches and it's nice to see a different face steering the ship instead of Attitude era guys. Either way I hope they drag this out between the two of them and they dont chuck the belt on some random in 2 months time.

This.

Ideally I would have liked to have seen them drag it out for a bit longer but that's life, if they want to do a fast belt change and a quick heel turn then it's their party, they can do what they want. Sometimes a fast change can be just as effective as a slow burn, I think in this case stretching it out over a few months would have given time for tension to build up, jealousy to appear, that sort of thing. We all knew somebody would turn but it would have given it time, folk could have been speculating at who would be the first to crack. The only thing that pissed me off a bit about Storm getting the belt is that it made Roode look a bit daft seeing as they've been going on about him waiting 15 years or whatever, training montages,loads of build before BFG and then BOOM- he loses Storm pops up and goes "Yoink" and beats Angle pretty quickly, there was no build up to it, no fuss, almost like Roode was the one harping on about how he should be champion but Storms in the background knowing that he could be champion. I'm not fussed which one of them is champion becuase I think either one will be great, they could both pull off some great matches and it's nice to see a different face steering the ship instead of Attitude era guys. Either way I hope they drag this out between the two of them and they dont chuck the belt on some random in 2 months time.

That's why Roode turning heel makes perfect sense, though. He has been made to look daft, and he knows it. That's why he stooped so low as to bash his mate in the head with a bottle to win the belt. In his head he absolutely should be the champion and he was going to do whatever he could in order to get what should be his in the first place.

You're right though that they should have dragged this out a bit longer. Roode should have turned at the PPV. (But then no one watches them anyway and by doing it on TV, one and a half million people see it instead of about 12.)

And with this all happening can we safely say that this was all planned out ahead and that Big Meanie Hogan nixing Roode winning at BFG was a load of crap?

This.

That's why Roode turning heel makes perfect sense, though. He has been made to look daft, and he knows it. That's why he stooped so low as to bash his mate in the head with a bottle to win the belt. In his head he absolutely should be the champion and he was going to do whatever he could in order to get what should be his in the first place.

You're right though that they should have dragged this out a bit longer. Roode should have turned at the PPV. (But then no one watches them anyway and by doing it on TV, one and a half million people see it instead of about 12.)

And with this all happening can we safely say that this was all planned out ahead and that Big Meanie Hogan nixing Roode winning at BFG was a load of crap?

I've not seen the bottle bashing yet, does he look like a full on heel when he does it? I.e a proper bastard getting booed and everything or does it just look like a desperation thing. I think he'll make a cracking heel again and I always prefer heel champs over faces, it gives fans somebody to root for in James Storm. I'd like to have Roode as somebody the fans can relate to though, not a panto villain baddy who has eeeeeevil schemes, more somebody so desperate to win that he'll twat his mate with a bottle, that way it'll make the inevitable face turn easier and the fans will accept more as a face again.

I forgot that TNA's PPV audience is tiny so it makes sense they do the title changes on Impact.

Full Spoilers

Dark match:

Jimmy Rave beat Kyle Matthews.

Intro of Announce teams

Nov 3rd

TNA champion James Storm interview. Robert Roode comes out they have a love fest and say they'll tear it down tonight.

Madison Rayne and Gail Kim beat Tara and Brooke Tessmacher for the Knockout Tag Titles after Karen Jarrett interfered.

Garrett Bischoff talked, brought out Eric and apologized for this - then beat him up, bringing out Flair and Gunner.

Jesse Sorensen beat X-Division champ Austin Aries non title with a rollup.

Robbie E and Rob Terry out to call out Ronnie from Jersey Shore and Eric Young. Ronnie spears Robbie E then gets held by Terry and whipped. They set up tag match set for next week.

Bully Ray and Jeff Jarrett vs. Anderson and Jeff Hardy goes to a no contest when Scott Steiner interfered and the 3 Immortal guys beat down the faces.

Matt Morgan called out Crimson and challenged to a match for Turning Point and Crimson accepted.

Roode beat Storm for the title after a great match via beer bottle when ref was down. Big heel heat for Roode.

Nov 10th

Crimson beat Pope in a short match.

Gunner vs. Garrett Bischoff ended in a DQ win for Bischoff when Flair interfered.

Zema Ion vs. Jesse Sorensen - a real quick match Sorensen won with roll of dice. Kid Kash brought a contract for a 3 way with him and Aries for Sorensen...then they fought until Aries came down and they beat down Sorensen.

TNA Knockouts Tag champs Gail Kim and Madison Rayne beat Velvet Sky and Mickie James when Kim hit finisher on Velvet.

Robert Roode promo. Big heat and "Cowboy" chants and he comes out. They brawl with security, D'Lo Brown, Al Snow and Simon Diamond out. Roode bails and Sting comes out and makes the rematch for tonight.

Robbie E and Rob Terry vs. Ronnie and Eric Young...funny spot where EY tagged in and ran around in a circle and accidentally locked up with the ref. Ronnie gets the pin on Robbie E.

Bellator CEO joins Taz and Tenay on commentary.

AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels...AJ has new music. Daniels grabs screwdriver and RVD comes out and takes it from him. AJ hits the Styles Clash for the win

Immortal (Jarrett, Ray and Steiner) vs. Anderson, Hardy & Abyss...Black hole slam wins it. Anderson legit hurt his left ankle/knee and limped out.

Rematch Storm vs Roode. Storm got jumped backstage but match still on...Storm hobbles out then dives at Roode then collapses...ref throws X and everyone looks concerned. AJ and Kaz out, Roode tries to help

up Storm then rolls him up for pin and dives out. AJ challenges him for Turning Point and Sting makes the match.

Without reading all the spoilers above. I just wanted to see what the IWC have been hating on. A few friends of mine are over in American and went to the taping who seemed furious over twitter about the whole thing.

I was expecting something like Austin Aries sacked or something but it's good to see Roode as champion. It makes sense and as good as Roode was he didn't really have a gimmick. It sort of reminded me when Jay Lethal went for the X title last year. Like he was good in the ring and you knew he gave a shit but it was just bland aftet the momentum he gained from his feud with Flair.

Archived