Kofi Kingston- WWE Issues?

ligerbomb

Kofi wasn't used on smackdown this past week and I'm not sure he was the week before either although I may be wrong on that. Then in addition ALL his merchandise on WWEshop has been reduced by 50-75% and i think i'm right in saying isn't that usually what they do when they release somebody? No announcement yet but it's looking ominous. Also there has been no new kofi merch for months apparantly.

If he is suspended/fired then that is a massive story as he is one of the guys that you thought had a chance of pushing on this coming year and beyond into the main event.

• Paid Members
If he is suspended/fired then that is a massive story as he is one of the guys that you thought had a chance of pushing on this coming year and beyond into the main event.

Who thought that?

He's been doing nothing for ages and it feels like he's been having the same match against Swagger on SmackDown week in week out for about ten years. He's an incredible athlete, but ask Shelton Benjamin how far that gets you.

• Paid Members

I used to enjoy Kofi but smilie, sometimes Jamaican, guy who goes "boom boom boom" isn't really a gimmick with staying power. He's pretty fun to watch but he's probably the biggest victim of the Smackdown midcard curse in that he's already faced pretty much everyone about a million times over. Wont be a big loss if he goes but man is the IC title beginning to look shit(ter) in his absence.

• Paid Members

He's hardly that incredible, he regularly botches his signature move where he jumped onto an opponent in the corner, has a really shit entrance/taunt (Maybe one day he'll swat that damned fly), and, if anything, is higher up the card than he has any right to be.

Kofi wasn't used on smackdown this past week and I'm not sure he was the week before either although I may be wrong on that. Then in addition ALL his merchandise on WWEshop has been reduced by 50-75% and i think i'm right in saying isn't that usually what they do when they release somebody? No announcement yet but it's looking ominous. Also there has been no new kofi merch for months apparantly.

According to some results on Wrestleview.com he wrestled in Ceder Rapids last night (12/3) & went over in a 3 way match against Drew Mcintyre & Cody Rhodes.

- Edge/Christian open show attacking Del Rio/Brodus Clay, Del Rio attacked JTG earlier

- Layla def. Kelly Kelly

- Percy Watson def. Curt Hawkins, Watson super over surprisingly, highlight was guy yelling to Hawkins "WHO ARE YOU!?"

- Jack Swagger def. Chris Masters, Swagger killed the Hawkeyes to big heat, Masters SUPER over as a babyface

- Kane & Big Show def. WWE Tag Team Champions Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel via DQ when Ezekiel Jackson interfered, Kane/Show most over so far.

- Chavo Guerrero def. Tyler Reks with a frog splash, decent reaction for Chavo

- Kofi Kingston def. Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes, Kofi SUPER over, Cedar Rapids loves his prancing!

- Alberto Del Rio and Brodus Clay vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Edge and Christian to close the show. Edge and

I don't think he's in danger of being released, they just don't know what to do with him. I like Kofi, he's a lot more likable and has more of a character than your average Curt Hawkins, Vance Archer or Darren Young.

• Paid Members

WrestlingNewsWorld's premium story area is cliaming a top wwe name has asked for his release and stated they'll retire if they don't get it.

Not signed up to the site but could it be Kofi? If he can be classed as a top name which in the current climate and with how over he is with live audiences would make sense. In terms of retiring he's hit 30 now with a degree in business I believe from Boston Uni (he worked in business before becoming a wrestler) he's probably made just about enough to go back to working a normal live at home job rather than be on the road for another 5 years.

All speculation though

I felt his feud with Orton was decent, as was his rampage after losing the title to Ziggler but they never seem to go anywhere decent with him, a little firepower to his character, maybe tone down the high risk stuff to make it for more special occasions and he could easily be a future world champion easily.

• Paid Members

He certainly could do with a change or mix up of some sort. He seems very much a natural face but i'm intrigued as to how he'd be handled and how he'd play as heel. Could make a good opponent for Sin Cara, maybe?

Really though, i could see Kofi easily being part of an exciting tag team. There's so many guys doing a whole load of nothing and going nowhere, having no purpose. I'd love WWE to throw together a bunch of combinations and look to seriously rebuild a solid tag scene.

He certainly could do with a change or mix up of some sort. He seems very much a natural face but i'm intrigued as to how he'd be handled and how he'd play as heel. Could make a good opponent for Sin Cara, maybe?

Really though, i could see Kofi easily being part of an exciting tag team. There's so many guys doing a whole load of nothing and going nowhere, having no purpose. I'd love WWE to throw together a bunch of combinations and look to seriously rebuild a solid tag scene.

By the same token, though, they could look to seriously build a solid midcard scene for the same amount of effort. Kofi just needs some decent storylines, I don't think he's the sort of wrestler that needs a tag team.

• Paid Members

I thought someone (you actually) may make that point. I agree. Really, i've always had more love for tag team wrestling and the IC title level guys from when i first got into wrestling and love to see those 'divisions' booming.

I think Kofi could do with being in a tag team though, i think he'd suit a tag team perfectly, his offense has 'hot tag' written all over it. He's not in a position to be thrust into the main events right now and...really, i desperately want him to get out of this horrible mid-card Groundhog Day that is doing him no favours. If paired with the right guy i can imagine he could form a pretty exciting team to watch with some innovate offense. You know, one of those teams.

WrestlingNewsWorld's premium story area is cliaming a top wwe name has asked for his release and stated they'll retire if they don't get it.

Not signed up to the site but could it be Kofi? If he can be classed as a top name which in the current climate and with how over he is with live audiences would make sense. In terms of retiring he's hit 30 now with a degree in business I believe from Boston Uni (he worked in business before becoming a wrestler) he's probably made just about enough to go back to working a normal live at home job rather than be on the road for another 5 years.

All speculation though

I felt his feud with Orton was decent, as was his rampage after losing the title to Ziggler but they never seem to go anywhere decent with him, a little firepower to his character, maybe tone down the high risk stuff to make it for more special occasions and he could easily be a future world champion easily.

Apparently that top guy whos asked for his release is Rey Mysterio.

Archived