The Barking Spiders - The New Tag Team on the Block

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

14091_104252212952763_100001039553782_35858_4419606_n.jpg

This deserves its own thread. Road Warrior Animal mentioned them in an interview, where he said they sent them a link and he laughed at them and told them to get their own gimmick, brother. But check them out. They have to be doing a comedy gimmick, because anything less would be a blatant rip-off and quite embarrassing. But if it is soaked in parody, these lads are class.

Here's a bit of inring action from messers. Ox and Clutch

• Paid Members
14091_104252212952763_100001039553782_35858_4419606_n.jpg

This deserves its own thread. Road Warrior Animal mentioned them in an interview, where he said they sent them a link and he laughed at them and told them to get their own gimmick, brother. But check them out. They have to be doing a comedy gimmick, because anything less would be a blatant rip-off and quite embarrassing. But if it is soaked in parody, these lads are class.

Here's a bit of inring action from messers. Ox and Clutch

Clutch actually cuts a half decent promo in that second video and Ox is hilarious in the third one. I like these guys. I think they're too well spoken for it not to be a parody, but it's a blinding parody all the same.

• Paid Members

I quite like them. Rip-offs, certainly, but at least they've gone for some bizarre name - "Barking Spiders" sounds like it shouldn't work, but does. Plus, their promos are pretty good and they have a decent look. Would love to see guys like that here - nearest we've ever come in terms of a tag team was probably Simmons and Tighe as the Iron Lions, or Ashe & Rich N' Famous as the Wasted Generation.

I agree, they look the part. There is room for a tag team like these in mainstream Wrestling. Sadly the state of the WWE tag scene, these guys would win the belts within 2 weeks then lose them to a makeshift team of Big Show and Kane who would be feuding with each other. Then the Spiders would be broken up, the biggest one becoming a protege of say, Ted Dibiase, then getting jobbed out and released a month or two later for not instantly getting over.

It looks like the Road Warriors, the Headbangers and the Nasty Boys ran into each other and this is the result. Not that that would be a bad things really but still. Gimme this over Heath Slater's lightening flash tights anyday.

Archived