The Undertaker

Mr Lawrence

• Awards Moderator

Just heard him referred to as 'The Last Outlaw' on WWE Experience - great nickname and, I hope, might be hinting to more of a Western evolution in his character. If his schedule starts to lessen more and more that could work to his advantage, bring in a latter-day-Eastwood angle to things - when somebody becomes so much of a bastard that nobody can stand up to them, the Taker comes back to sort things out.

Anyway, I really like 'The Last Outlaw' as a name. He's had some cracking ones over the years, obvious ones like 'The Deadman' and 'The Phenom', but there've been plenty of ones that have been used shorter-term as well.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Music: Kid Rock American Badass, just perfect for the gimmick, anyone know why they changed it??

I imagine using a Kid Rock song would have cost WWE a mint, apparently he wanted a ridiculous amount of money to feature his live performance from WM25 on the DVD, so after dedicating 20 minutes of PPV time to it, the only people that can see it are the ones that watched it live.

Aye, I remember on the computer games at the time, Undertaker just used to have the Raw music as his entrance theme.

Match - Hell in a Cell with Shawn Michaels, still the best cell match

Look - end of 1997/throughout 98

Theme music - The Ministry of Darkness music

Best WM match - WM 25 with Shawn Michaels

Feud - At the time I was well into his feud with Kane when he showed up but I suppose it was a bit hokey with all the special effects and stuff so I'd probably say the feud with Austin in mid '99, simply because the First Blood match at Fully Loaded is one of my favourite matches ever

Moment - When he came back at the end of the Rock-HHH Iron Man match at Judgement Day 2000

• Paid Members

For me..

Original undertaker, pale as fuck, mullet, cant hurt him, walks very slow to the ring.

That has to be followed by ministry taker, evil as possible.

I never understood the Biker taker, i liked the gimmick, but thought it was daft going back to the deadman style after the biker version, just seems a bit silly. I did like the gimmick, bought thought it would be better on someone else.

The idea of a western taker should be good though, as long as thats the last version. Dead Man/red dead redemption/true grit would be a cush look.

1. Match - gonna choose something other than HBK from Mania 25, gonna go for Batista- Wrestlemania 23

2. Look or image - Early 99, Long Goatee, Long Black Cloak

3. Theme music - Around Summerslam 98 until he got Buried at Rock Bottom-

4. Best WM Match - Shawn Michaels- Wrestlemania 25

5. Fued - Enjoyed the Randy Orton feud in 2005 as it just wernt about the matches like the Batista feud etc

6. Moment - Return at Wrestlemania 20

• Paid Members
Music: Kid Rock American Badass, just perfect for the gimmick, anyone know why they changed it??

I imagine using a Kid Rock song would have cost WWE a mint, apparently he wanted a ridiculous amount of money to feature his live performance from WM25 on the DVD, so after dedicating 20 minutes of PPV time to it, the only people that can see it are the ones that watched it live.

Aye, I remember on the computer games at the time, Undertaker just used to have the Raw music as his entrance theme.

IIRC, the reason that came out at the time was that WWE felt Kid Rock was 'overexposed'. Which is a bit rich, when you consider they changed it to Limp Fucking Bizkit, who were (sadly) everywhere at the time.

• Paid Members

1- Match: vs Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania 26. One of the most emotionally gripping matches I've ever watched. A lot of this is also down to Shawn, but then I'm a firm believer that it takes two to tango in order to provide epicness in a match, otherwise it's just a fine individual performance without being a really decent match. This was a fitting send off for Shawn and 'Taker put in one of the shifts of his life. One of the absolute best ever Wrestlemania main events.

2- Look: I'm a little torn on this one. I actually like the look he's had for the past few years, but I was also a big fan of the badass look between 00-03. I'll go with the current look.

3- Music: It's all about Limp Bizkit Rollin'. Loved it as a young'un, always used to get you pumped up for his matches and actually added to his badass character around the time.

4- WM match: See One.

5- Feud: I'm going to go with the HBK rivalry of recent times again here. They were turning out brilliant TV between them each week leading up to both of the past Wrestlemania's. There's been some great Undertaker rivalrys and maybe I'm taking the easy option with HBK, as it stil feels so current, yet I stand by this pick.

6- Moment: That Wrestlemania 20 return was awesome. Goosebumps doesn't describe how I felt at the time really, it was quite the spectacle.

Archived