Formerly Creative

Metallica

Couldn't see this mentioned anywhere on the forum -

Formerly Creative: A podcast series where former WWE creative writers will get together for a free-flowing discussion about all aspects of the pro wrestling business including their time on the team. This started as an idea by Andrew Goldstein (former creative team member) to gather the gang for a series like this. Hosted by David Lagana (WWE 2002-2008)

http://iwantwrestling.com/podcasts/

They've had 4 episodes so far and it's good stuff if you're interested in the behind the scenes part of the business. :thumbsup:

The problem with most people who think they're creative is they really, really aren't. Creativity isn't just having ideas, it's having workable ideas for a given scenario and the WWE creative team seem to be sorely lacking for large portions of every year.

Not the run up to Mania mind, that's usually great.

• Paid Members

part of me wants to listen to it, but i really think i'd struggle to care. 2002 onwards was never a fond WWE memory for me if im honest, just doesn't do it for me (in general).

Maybe i should listen to it though, it might create an interest to watch more of the last decade or so

• Paid Members
Who are the main writers for WWE right now?

Brian Gewirtz is the head writer for Raw. Michael Hayes is the top creative person on Smackdown. They're both supported by several supporting writers but I don't know the names of any of them.

• Moderators

It's far, far more boring than it should be. Also a load of the writers signed some kind of confidentiality agreement when they joined WWE so they can't talk about anything interesting when they get their cards.

Recommendation to avoid.

• Paid Members
It's far, far more boring than it should be. Also a load of the writers signed some kind of confidentiality agreement when they joined WWE so they can't talk about anything interesting when they get their cards.

Recommendation to avoid.

Do general talent need to do this? not just wrestlers, but whomever else?

The reason i ask is Kevin Kelly's shoot springs to mind, he says quite a lot in the interview and assumed he would fit in to the kind of contract you have mentioned.

Although, maybe the contacts changed between the late 90's and 2000's, is possibly a newer form of contract?

Archived