marty janetty - what if?

nicholasjackson

not done one of these for ages, inspired by someone saying janetty was carried by kurt angle in another thread

for me janetty was a great wrestler who if not for the "medicine" he could of become a good /great upper mid card wrestler especially as within a year of the rockers splitting up alot of the roiders warrior,DBS, hogan,sid , warlord etc had gone

he was still having good matches in 95, enjoyed his tag team with the kid, think he even had small run tagging with razor until savio arrived, such a wasted talent , you got my opinion, whats yours?

even post favourite matchesyoutube style, one of my favourites was the underdogs vs bodydonnas s/series 95

• Paid Members

Marty was a great talent, hard to say what would have happened post-Michaels feud, as Vince had already decided to tie a rocket to Shawn and as quickly as December 1991 was telling Bret that he would be dropping the Intercontinental title to Michaels in fall (ugh) 1992.

Had Marty not had personal problems (heh) in early 1992 and fucked off, he would have finished his feud with Shawn at WMVIII, no doubt losing. What then? Settled into that low midcard/practically JTTS role that Tito and Virgil had? Got the new heels ready for their big run, or something grander?

Marty was a bit older than Shawn, I can't see they would have made a big deal out him, but you need to have "good hands" as well as stars, and I reckon Marty was a good hand and would have been useful to have around during most of the gaps in his WWF run. Wrestling Shawn in a grudge match at Mania VIII would certainly have been memorable, which while Michaels vs Matador was solid, memorable it wasn't.

Well, apart from a real good look at Sherri's tits. I miss 1992.

Marty was a great talent, hard to say what would have happened post-Michaels feud, as Vince had already decided to tie a rocket to Shawn and as quickly as December 1991 was telling Bret that he would be dropping the Intercontinental title to Michaels in fall (ugh) 1992.

Had Marty not had personal problems (heh) in early 1992 and fucked off, he would have finished his feud with Shawn at WMVIII, no doubt losing. What then? Settled into that low midcard/practically JTTS role that Tito and Virgil had? Got the new heels ready for their big run, or something grander?

Marty was a bit older than Shawn, I can't see they would have made a big deal out him, but you need to have "good hands" as well as stars, and I reckon Marty was a good hand and would have been useful to have around during most of the gaps in his WWF run. Wrestling Shawn in a grudge match at Mania VIII would certainly have been memorable, which while Michaels vs Matador was solid, memorable it wasn't.

Well, apart from a real good look at Sherri's tits. I miss 1992.

some of the outfits she wore made 1992 an amazing year as a 14 year old, lol

also if he could of found a tag partner (obviously not as good as shawn) he could of had fued with the brilliant money inc

wouldve like to see a face/face title shot vs hitman

• Paid Members

Bit harsh on Marty re: move set. Should that matter? Teardrop Suplex aside (which in honesty was rubbish) Shawn didnt add any extra MOVEZ to become a singles star. True, Marty needed something to adapt to a recognizable "finisher." Which he did once he elaborated the set up for the Rocker Dropper.

• Paid Members

Marty Jannetty was fucking brilliant in his day. He had some belters as a solo wrestler and with the 123 Kid (who are my favourite ever short term tag team). He was still good in the mid-90s, but WWF couldn't possibly put him into a position where they were banking on him to make dates and be an established member of the upper card, because his track record said he was going to fuck it up. Always liked him though. He didnt seem to have any interview ability (even on his shoot interview its hard to understand what he's actually saying), so he'd never have made it to Michaels level, but he should have been knocking about the uppercard in the 90s more than he did.

Conclusion :

NOT THE SAME

Nah, he's right. Jannetty wore those tights with a black t-shirt vs Mr Kennedy a few years back. I fcking loved that attire!

A bit pushed for time right now, but will probably be back with some comments, an essay, or a C&P of a recent Jannetty love-in i had with thebigboot. If i was to be succinct, it would pretty much amount to what Ian's just said though :)

• Paid Members
Nah, he's right. Jannetty wore those tights with a black t-shirt vs Mr Kennedy a few years back.

Hmmm, well SHUT MY MOUTH. Didn't even know Marty had been back since the Angle match. I almost regret barely watching WWE between summer 06 and autumn 09. Almost.

Has Marty had any other matches I should know about????

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/video/143472/6031496

Conclusion :

NOT THE SAME

Nah, he's right. Jannetty wore those tights with a black t-shirt vs Mr Kennedy a few years back. I fcking loved that attire!

A bit pushed for time right now, but will probably be back with some comments, an essay, or a C&P of a recent Jannetty love-in i had with thebigboot. If i was to be succinct, it would pretty much amount to what Ian's just said though :)

Cheers mate. And heres the link

Marty Vs Kennedy

Nah, he's right. Jannetty wore those tights with a black t-shirt vs Mr Kennedy a few years back.

Hmmm, well SHUT MY MOUTH. Didn't even know Marty had been back since the Angle match. I almost regret barely watching WWE between summer 06 and autumn 09. Almost.

Has Marty had any other matches I should know about????

http://www.wwe.com/content/media/touts/video/143472/6031496

Just the one vs Miz a year or two ago i think, but it was pretty bad. Jannetty had deteriorated quite a bit both in looks, shape and movement from the time of the Rockers reunion and Angle match in 2005.

Archived