SmackDown! results **SPOILERS***

Mr.Showtime

From lordsofpain:

- Thanks to Andy Barkley for the following WWE SmackDown spoilers from tonight's tapings in Sacramento, airing this Friday on SyFy:

* Teddy Long opened the show and announces that Vickie Guerrero will compete in a match tonight with her job on the line.

* Rey Mysterio defeated Kane.

* Dusty Rhodes came out and called out Cody Rhodes. Dusty talked Cody into apologizing to Rey Mysterio. Dusty and Rey shook hands until Dusty turned on Rey. Cody beat Rey down and took his mask, smashing Rey into the mirror for his entrance.

* Dusty and Code are backstage. Dusty said he would do anything for Cody.

* Rosa Mendes beat Layla by DQ when Michelle McCool, who was on commentary, attacked Rosa. More tension between LayCool.

* Jack Swagger beat Kofi Kingston with the ankle lock.

* Vickie Guerrero is trying to recruit Chavo Guerrero for some help backstage but he's not having any of it.

* Big Show beat Wade Barrett by countout. The Corre was banned from ringside. After the match, Show hit Wade and went for a chokeslam but Corre came out for the save. Show chased them off with a steel chair.

* Edge and Kelly Kelly beat Vickie Guerrero and Drew McIntyre when Kelly speared Vickie and Edge speared Drew. Teddy Long came down to celebrate with Edge and Kelly while Vickie throws a fit, even asking Booker T for help. Per the stipulation from Teddy at the show opener, it looks like Vickie has lost her job. After the match, Alberto Del Rio comes down and attacks Edge.

Nice to see Drew get into the main event following his EC performance.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Smackdown have any bearing on Wrestlemania - I don't watch the tv show, but reading results gives the impression Smackdown is in its own little world with no development/announcements for the big show.

Clearly spoilers would get out immediately on announcements, but I'd really expect a degree of development of things that are already announced.

• Paid Members
Why is Kane back to losing to Rey fuckin' Mysterio?

Funny, last year everyone moaned about Kane getting a monster push. Now he's jobbing to a main eventer, people moan about that.

Does Smackdown have any bearing on Wrestlemania - I don't watch the tv show, but reading results gives the impression Smackdown is in its own little world with no development/announcements for the big show.

Clearly spoilers would get out immediately on announcements, but I'd really expect a degree of development of things that are already announced.

Rey/Cody is a WM story and Big Show/Corre looks like one too. Obviously the ADR/Edge stuff is developing too and perhaps something for Ziggler.

You aren't going to get major stuff on Smackdown because it's recorded, that's hardly ever been any different though.

His star has just plummetted since all that hard work with the Undertaker was rewarded with a poor comedy storyline with Edge and lost his title. That said, Rey Mysterio is still a main eventer and I doubt Kane didn't look dominating for most of the match.

But it must be a kick to the guts for Sheamus and Kane, all that hard work last year building up there feuds with Taker and HHH and being given return matches on a silver platter, all for nought.

His star has just plummetted since all that hard work with the Undertaker was rewarded with a poor comedy storyline with Edge and lost his title. That said, Rey Mysterio is still a main eventer and I doubt Kane didn't look dominating for most of the match.

But it must be a kick to the guts for Sheamus and Kane, all that hard work last year building up there feuds with Taker and HHH and being given return matches on a silver platter, all for nought.

Only at mania. I'd be very surprised if those feuds didn't happen after mania is over.

Where's Christian? I was hoping to find out how he was going to fit into the Edge/Del Rio feud this week.

Only at mania. I'd be very surprised if those feuds didn't happen after mania is over.

Where's Christian? I was hoping to find out how he was going to fit into the Edge/Del Rio feud this week.

He's still injured, even though he was at the PPV, he probably won't be around again for a while.

• Paid Members

Yeah, when will Kane EVER get a decent shot at working with The Undertaker?

He's still injured, even though he was at the PPV, he probably won't be around again for a while.

Thats a bit crap, I assumed since he showed up at EC that he was fully healed.

• Paid Members
Just caught the Cody/Dusty/Rey angle on DailyMotion an it's great. I really hope they get a decent amount of time at Mania.

That was some good stuff. Dusty cut a good promo talking about how his son has lost focus and needs to get back on track, then Dusty goes and does the dirty on Rey. Powerful stuff to give Rhodes a little bit of extra momentum and character development. Moe build like this and it'll get more heat generated for what could potentially be a decent Wrestlemania contest.

Vickie getting her storyline comeuppance was good tele. I've enjoyed Vickie's work and whether she takes another break now or they work her back into the show I don't know, but she's played her role to perfection and the bitchy, whiny and totally unlikeable heel finally having their luck run out made for a good show.

Elsewhere, they seem to be going in an "aggression" direction with Swagger and I think it has some legs. I haven't given up on him as a future main eventer and whilst he's already had a crack at the World title, at 28 he's still got a pretty good crack of the whip left to climb back up the card and give it another go with the strap should they chose to go down that route.

Big Show vs The Corre continues to build to a possible Mania tag match, possibly involving Diesel if the rumors are to be believed. I'd be all for it as it happens. Edge/Del Rio is starting to grow on me quite a bit despite my initial thoughts, though this is partly down to the reason I'm now going to Atlanta, so I'll buy into anything they throw at me right now.

Not a bad show at all from the blue brand overall, the matches were easy on the eye as was the rest of the show. The highlight for me was obviously the Rhodes/Rey segment, a powerful way to build to a Mania bout.

• Paid Members

Does anyone else smell a Christian heel turn at Mania, costing Edge the title against Del Rio? Leading up to Mania he can talk about how he will be in Edge's corner, only to turn on him. Also, the match probably isn't going to be the main event at WrestleMania so they won't need the face to win this one to close the show.

Archived