SmackDown! results **SPOILERS***

Mr.Showtime

Does anyone else smell a Christian heel turn at Mania, costing Edge the title against Del Rio? Leading up to Mania he can talk about how he will be in Edge's corner, only to turn on him. Also, the match probably isn't going to be the main event at WrestleMania so they won't need the face to win this one to close the show.

I could see it happening. Then Smackdown's feuds coming out of WrestleMania could be Edge vs Christian, and Del Rio vs Kofi for the World title. The latter seems an unlikely world title feud but could be facilitated via a Kofi Money in the Bank win at Mania or similar. Although it depends on a few things... When Christian is match fit, whether they're ready to go with Kofi etc. I don't want to see another Mysterio vs Del Rio feud.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cody was really good in that segment. I've never been a fan of his acting in promos and angles, but he actually came across like he was really depressed and anxious to come out with that re-constructive mask. And when Dusty turned heel, god this made the whole thing more exciting.

Allow me to be a bitter but dedicated Christian fan for a minute ~

Why the fuck was Christian's return not even referenced Smackdown? I didn't realise he was still injured so I can just about deal with him not being on tv (though he could have been on in a no wrestling role) but to not even mention him after he does a run in and beat down on your number one contender on your most recent PPV is just stupid, they could have at least mentioned it, or made some kind of reference to him when Del Rio came out to attack Edge, hell Edge could have mentioned it, Christian did help him out when he was getting beat down. To say I was disappointed after spending 2 hours watching Smackdown and not even getting a whiff of Christian would be an understatement

• Paid Members
Cody was really good in that segment. I've never been a fan of his acting in promos and angles, but he actually came across like he was really depressed and anxious to come out with that re-constructive mask. And when Dusty turned heel, god this made the whole thing more exciting.

Cody's been fried awesome throughout this angle so far. His initial promo with Grisham with his back to the camera, i thought, was bloody tremendous. And i enjoyed the one last week too. He's playing it just right for me. I'm a little disappointed the mask doesn't really conceal his face as with Codys performances so far and last weeks promo with minimal light, i was beginning to envision something akin to Tom Cruise in Vanilla Sky with Rhodes really going off the rails. A mask like that probably would have been a bit much though.

I'm glad he's getting a big angle and match going into 'Mania too. He's been consistently good over the past 12 months and one of the highlights and best performers on Smackdown throughout. This feud could be the making of him.

As Purplemonkeydishwasher said above, I think a mask covering Cody's face a bit more (though nothing too OTT) would have been more interesting, really playing into the trauma/damage he felt Rey had caused to his dashing good looks. Similar to how they explained Kane's lack of real disfigurement (even if he is an ugly fecker anyway) when he was unmasked, rather it was all psychological.

As a huge peep, I was also disappointed to not to see Christian make an appearance on SD! this week, seems a bit of a wasted opportunity there to develop the WHC story a bit more, suppose the are still plenty of weeks until WM though...

Echo the love for Cody Rhodes and Rey Mysterio, that was all beautiful. Its good that guys like Cody are getting a 1 on 1 match at 'mania instead of being tossed in MITB, surely these young guys who are the future need that experience on the grand stage, not just thrown into a big entertaining clusterfuck! Drew McIntyre really earned that main event match at the Elimination Chamber, nice to see him up the card for a bit anyway.

Fuck me, it was a decent match, but if Kofi Kingston ever wrestles Jack Swagger again I'm going to throw my TV out the window. I really think given the time Swagger can work his way back up into the main events though.

I think when he returns Christian will be a big deal, they probably should have mentioned it at least...it was sort of odd they didn't...

Oh and Booker T is hilariously woeful "he's gonna do it, he's gonna dial it up and make the call"

Why the fuck was Christian's return not even referenced Smackdown? I didn't realise he was still injured so I can just about deal with him not being on tv (though he could have been on in a no wrestling role) but to not even mention him after he does a run in and beat down on your number one contender on your most recent PPV is just stupid, they could have at least mentioned it, or made some kind of reference to him when Del Rio came out to attack Edge, hell Edge could have mentioned it, Christian did help him out when he was getting beat down. To say I was disappointed after spending 2 hours watching Smackdown and not even getting a whiff of Christian would be an understatement

Agreed! I'm pretty shocked they didn't mention him once, it dissapointed me to say the least.

Agreed! I'm pretty shocked they didn't mention him once, it dissapointed me to say the least.

They should of mentioned him, but it might be becuase he is still going to be out injured for a month or so.

Archived