Chaperone Fails to Register at Box Office

Super Cena

Not huge news, but I'm sure a few of you may be interested in this.

Source: 24wrestling.com

"WWE Studios' The Chaperone starring Triple H drew virtually no business during its 'limited engagement' this weekend.

BoxOfficeMojo.com's chart listing the top grossing films for the weekend of February 18-20, with the bottom movie making $1,670 in one theater, did not rank the The Chaperone.

Furthermore, the bottom five movies played in less theaters than the WWE produced film — ten.

The Chaperone will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on March 8."

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ive no idea of how vinces movie empire is going in general... but is this another WBF and XFL mistake? Like i said i have no idea how its going in general, but i never really hear anything good.

That said, i wonder how his Newcastle take over goes.. hmm

"WWE Studios' The Chaperone starring Triple H drew virtually no business during its 'limited engagement' this weekend.

BoxOfficeMojo.com's chart listing the top grossing films for the weekend of February 18-20, with the bottom movie making $1,670 in one theater, did not rank the The Chaperone.

Furthermore, the bottom five movies played in less theaters than the WWE produced film

Furthermore, the bottom five movies played in less theaters than the WWE produced film

• Paid Members

Does Vince have anything to do with the input of these movies? Back in 89, Hogan and Vince wrote No Holds Barred after they rejected countless scripts for not being up to standard. Vince even helped with the casting of the movie as well. Great film. The lass in it is well nice. If it wasnt released the same month as Ghostbusters II and Batman, they'd have fisted it at the box office.

Why has WWE never released it on DVD? Cant be a shame thing, considering shite they release from their film division these days. Imagine a 3 Disc edition, with Vince, Hogan and Debo from Friday doing special commentary on the film.

• Paid Members
Am I correct in saying though that when DVD sales are eventually factored in, these films do in fact draw a profit? Regardless of how shit.

They factor in, but WWE's film division has lost money every year its been around I believe. It lost $1,000,000 last year alone, which is up from the previous years I suppose. Austin and Cena's films were apparently mega flops, with Austin's being the worst. Could be wrong on this, but I'm sure I read that WWE's film division is a bottomless pit when it comes to actually making money. Makes you wonder why they keep going with it.

Archived