Stevie Ray - Slapjack

Lonestar

Iv never really seen alot of WCW except for early Ric Flair matches and the odd PPV so I'm not 100% sure on a lot of WCW in general but I was watching a Stevie Ray match on Youtube against Vincent from Uncensorced 99 and Vincent goes to use the slapjack, iv heard bits and piece about the slapjack and I think I saw Stevie Ray use it maybe once or twice in a War Games match and maybe on Bret Hart if my mind serves me right.

I cant find any videos on youtube were Stevie Ray uses it, maybe I'm not looking hard enough cause I'm sure there is videos.

But I was wondering what is a 'slapjack' and whats the story behind Stevie Ray using it and are there any interesting stories about it cause it seems like a pretty good-gimmick to have.

• Paid Members

The finishing move called The Slapjack is one of these. When he hits it, its usually on like a steaming pile of neckbones:

508C1CD8-0A10-3AD4-9C271104EBFE7B35.jpg

The real Slapjack he used as a weapon was one of these, which you can find if you travel down 110th Street:

D100.jpg

Stevie Ray is a black person from Texas, so obviously he should carry around a violent weapon and talk about the streets of Harlem. He likes to create a buffer memory of incredulity so y'all motherfuckers could never get near to him.

nWo014.jpg

Then he'll stand next to Buff Daddy, Vince and The Hitman just because he can.

• Paid Members
I always thought slapjacks were meant to be like off that scene on Scum, where you get a sock with a pool ball in, (or something of similar mechanical properties) and smash whoever the current “daddy” is in whatever borstal you’re serving time in.

Sounds very much like this, according to Wikipedia..

The slapjack (sometimes spelled slap jack or slap-jack) is a batting weapon which may be used in self-defense or other forms of hand-to-hand combat. It typically consists of a round sack containing a hard weight material that may be swung at any part of an opponent's body in order to inflict injury.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slapjack_(weapon)

The finishing move called The Slapjack is one of these. When he hits it, its usually on like a steaming pile of neckbones:

508C1CD8-0A10-3AD4-9C271104EBFE7B35.jpg

The real Slapjack he used as a weapon was one of these, which you can find if you travel down 110th Street:

D100.jpg

Stevie Ray is a black person from Texas, so obviously he should carry around a violent weapon and talk about the streets of Harlem. He likes to create a buffer memory of incredulity so y'all motherfuckers could never get near to him.

nWo014.jpg

Then he'll stand next to Buff Daddy, Vince and The Hitman just because he can.

Bret's face pretty much says it all there!

Looks like the NWO have taken the WWF's top heel hostage.

Archived