Beer Money

Ant

I don't watch TNA's tv show so the answer must lie with something special there, but I've seen TNA live 3 times and each time Beer Money get a huge babyface reaction.

However, when I sit watching their match Bobby Roode looks emotionally detached (almost to the point of looking bored the way Samoa Joe looks on the previous shows) and their wrestling doesn't stand out at all.

Does something really special happen when they're on TV?

I don't watch TNA's tv show so the answer must lie with something special there, but I've seen TNA live 3 times and each time Beer Money get a huge babyface reaction.

However, when I sit watching their match Bobby Roode looks emotionally detached (almost to the point of looking bored the way Samoa Joe looks on the previous shows) and their wrestling doesn't stand out at all.

It's TNEh? Heels get cheered, and they don't mind, utterly retarded mate.

I do think they as a team, do put on some fantastic matches on TV, having never seen them live, I cannot comment however.

I don't see what's retarded. The heels in TNA act like heels on TV, just like you'd expect them to. How's that not caring?

If they're super-over on house shows then they roll with it, just like with Team 3D last year. House shows are about fans having a good time, not progressing storylines.

I think us British fans mark like bitches for them because they drink beer all the time, something we can relate to unlike most things in American culture. From a wrestling standpoint, there's no team like Beer Money, two quality heavyweight wrestlers in their prime who have outstanding matches and appear to work better as a tag team than on their own.

Because they're entertaining and are both decent/good wrestlers, Roode in particular.

Given that they always get a good reaction, and you personally don't get it, maybe it's just your personal preference that is the issue, not Beer Money themselves.

I can't stand John Cena, but he gets crazy reactions from the majority of other fans every time I see him at a WWE show, and I can understand why to an extent.

Not to mention they have an ultra catchy catchphrase... 2 separate times I've been to TNA with a TNA virgin, and both times they put on their Facebook straight afterwards: Beer! Money!

The catchphrase, the catchy theme, the fact they're booked like faces a large part of the time, the fact they have merchandise. Take your pick of whats the silliest.

The catchphrase, the catchy theme, the fact they're booked like faces a large part of the time, the fact they have merchandise. Take your pick of whats the silliest.

Are you describing the Nexus?

How have Beer Money been booked like faces a large part of the time?

• Awards Moderator
I like Robert roode but James storm is just holding him back imo he could be a huge star if he wasn't stuck in a tag team

I don't like the attitude people have of wrestlers being "stuck" in a tag team. There's no reason why you have to be a singles wrestler to excel. Admittedly it's bloody difficult for teams nowadays because of the above attitude and the result of 99% of teams being split up within a year or two, but it's still possible. I'd be quite happy for Beer Money to stick together long term, although there's not a lot left for them to accomplish in TNA.

Are you describing the Nexus?

How have Beer Money been booked like faces a large part of the time?

Good shout. Suggesting that heels shouldn't have catchy theme music or merchandise is mental - Triple H certainly wasn't a face when he got a shiny new Motorhead song every couple of years and dozens of t-shirts on shopzone.

I like Robert roode but James storm is just holding him back imo he could be a huge star if he wasn't stuck in a tag team

Didn't they try to push Roode on his own once only for him to die on his arse which was why he was teamed up with Storm to begin with?

Thats a bit harsh, its TNA. they have no clue. Look at Pope at the moment, gives it all he's got, gets great reaction, but his recent fueds have been dire, which could be considered by people as Pope dying on his arse!

Also Beer Money are great, although its not hard they've got the best music in TNA.

• Paid Members
Didn't they try to push Roode on his own once only for him to die on his arse which was why he was teamed up with Storm to begin with?

Give that man a goldfish.

• Paid Members
Not to mention they have an ultra catchy catchphrase... 2 separate times I've been to TNA with a TNA virgin, and both times they put on their Facebook straight afterwards: Beer! Money!

what's the silliest? So heels shouldn't have merchandise?

Archived