Could Samoa Joe Have been in nexus?

goon619

If Joe had signed with wwe, could he have been in nexus? I know vince doesn't really want fatties but he's got husky Harris, (who is bigger than Joe, but with wwe connections) so could Joe have used that as a springboard? Discuss!

Also I'm loving mason Ryan being introduced as from Cardiff! Hes welcome at Cardiff city stadium anytime!!

If Joe had signed with wwe, could he have been in nexus? I know vince doesn't really want fatties but he's got husky Harris, (who is bigger than Joe, but with wwe connections) so could Joe have used that as a springboard? Discuss!

That's one of the things I hate about modern wrestling in general (not enough FAT guys) but in this case I'd say the combination of his height and weight is a bigger problem than his weight. Isn't he like 5'8" or something? Guys that size in WWE tend to be high-flying pretty boys (Londrick, Kidman, Evan Bourne, etc.) who can be used to put over the monsters or maybe the odd sneaky heel (Pat Tanaka, Brian Christopher, PG-13, etc.).

Think about it: there have been plenty of guys far, far, far fatter than Joe in prominent positions in WWE/WCW/insert other major promotion over the years. But the only really short fat guys I can remember in WWE are Sir Mo and Tazz - both of whom were basically comedy characters.

That's one of the things I hate about modern wrestling in general (not enough FAT guys) but in this case I'd say the combination of his height and weight is a bigger problem than his weight. Isn't he like 5'8" or something? Guys that size in WWE tend to be high-flying pretty boys (Londrick, Kidman, Evan Bourne, etc.) who can be used to put over the monsters or maybe the odd sneaky heel (Pat Tanaka, Brian Christopher, PG-13, etc.).

Think about it: there have been plenty of guys far, far, far fatter than Joe in prominent positions in WWE/WCW/insert other major promotion over the years. But the only really short fat guys I can remember in WWE are Sir Mo and Tazz - both of whom were basically comedy characters.

Mate, Tazz was far from fat, chunky, but toned the fuck and certainly not fat. He did pile it on in his later years with the company though!

• Moderators

Also I'm loving mason Ryan being introduced as from Cardiff! Hes welcome at Cardiff city stadium anytime!!

I'd rather he was announced from where he's from, which is North Wales (Real Wales), but I'll let that slide...

I honestly think Samoa Joe wouldn't have a sniff in NXT. His "moveset" is pretty much his gimmick, he couldn't use it. He'd be barefoot and eating giant chicken legs in WWE. Mind you, that's all the fat shite is worth now. His time is gone.

I honestly think Samoa Joe wouldn't have a sniff in NXT. His "moveset" is pretty much his gimmick, he couldn't use it. He'd be barefoot and eating giant chicken legs in WWE. Mind you, that's all the fat shite is worth now. His time is gone.

Harsh...but True.

I never really got Joe though then again my first thought when I saw him was that his ring name was pretty sh*t.

I mean he's Samoan and his name is Joe...what shall we call him???

On the few times I have seen him he looks like he can't be bothered and needs to skip a few meals and snacks and mid meal snacks...

Though love hearing "Joes gonna Kill you" cos it's still blatently obvious that he probably could.

Tazz was a comedy character!?

I'd rather he was announced from where he's from, which is North Wales (Real Wales), but I'll let that slide...

Did a lot of business in North Wales a few years ago, and I can without hyperbole say everyone I met was a cunt.

Abergavenny and Cardiff though, splendid people.

Isn't this a bit redundant?

Could X-Pac have been in The Brood if he wanted to be a faux-vampire and suck Chyna's HIV-stained blood?

Could Mark Canterbury and Dennis Knight have led the NWO if they'd jumped ship to WCW before Nash and Hall?

Could Chris Benoit have lead Nexus if he hadn't gone a little nuts and killed his family and himself?

Could Mason Ryan have actually been No.1 this week if his dad had been Tom Jones instead?

Who knows!

• Paid Members

That's one of the things I hate about modern wrestling in general (not enough FAT guys)

Absolutely. I think fat is a good look in wrestling and WWE should always have a few fatties at a time. They can look menacing, and can look as though they could hurt you. As well as crush you. When I was young, Earthquake was one of the most feared guys in WWE- because he was fat. I think a soft & rough around the edges look really adds to a wrestler- and it's not just WWE- this country is also low on them. Just look at Mastiff, he looks like he can do some damage without being cut like a roid monkey.

I really like Husky Harris, mostly for his look (but he can also carry himself quite a bit in the ring). I also liked Trevor Murdoch for the same reason.

• Paid Members
I did, apart from the dead language shit that I refused to add to the contract.

Welsh isn't a dead language, is nowhere near the "event horizon", and is even on the rise.

That's one of the things I hate about modern wrestling in general (not enough FAT guys)

Absolutely. I think fat is a good look in wrestling and WWE should always have a few fatties at a time. They can look menacing, and can look as though they could hurt you. As well as crush you. When I was young, Earthquake was one of the most feared guys in WWE- because he was fat. I think a soft & rough around the edges look really adds to a wrestler- and it's not just WWE- this country is also low on them. Just look at Mastiff, he looks like he can do some damage without being cut like a roid monkey.

I really like Husky Harris, mostly for his look (but he can also carry himself quite a bit in the ring). I also liked Trevor Murdoch for the same reason.

Are you taking the fucking piss?

Archived