Sweet Saraya & Britani Knight to make American debuts

daveprazak

4312935696_0c0c8141c6_b-1.jpg

SHIMMER - WOMEN ATHLETES is proud to announce the United States debuts of two of the top female professional wrestlers from the United Kingdom, Sweet Saraya & Britani Knight! The Knight Dynasty will be a part of the SHIMMER Volumes 37-40 tapings on Saturday & Sunday, March 26th & 27th, 2011 at the Berwyn Eagles Club (6309 26th Street) in Berwyn, IL.

4306338374_f2ecce63ab_b-1.jpg

This mother and daughter duo comes to us from UK-based promotions Pro-Wrestling: EVE and World Association of Wrestling. Saraya and Britani have made it known to SHIMMER management that they have their focus on the SHIMMER Tag Team Championship, citing the unique family bond that no other team on the SHIMMER roster can boast of.

Bio information courtesy of http://www.evewrestling.com/

4039712212_7902b7ffe2_b-1.jpg

SARAYA KNIGHT

Home: Norwich, England

Height: 5 ft 7 ins

Weight: 126 lbs.

Years Pro: 19

Signature moves:

Super-Plex

Samoan Drop

Face-Buster

Sit-Out Powerbomb

Muscle Stretch

Rope-Assist DDT

A chance meeting with noted pro-wrestler "Rowdy" Ricky Knight in the summer of 1990 changed the life of a young holiday camp chef forever. Soon she became Sweet Saraya and became a star. Saraya has carved out a career as the most respected female veteran in the UK.

After having her career almost ended and her kneecap severed from her leg in 2007, Saraya amazed doctors and fans alike by returning to the ring a mere six months later and having what can only be termed as a career renaissance.

4306451510_6d8b6a3c3b_b-1.jpg

BRITANI KNIGHT

Home: Norwich, England

Height: 5 ft 8 ins

Weight: 120 lbs.

Years Pro: 5

Signature moves:

Knight Light (Fisherman's Brain Buster)

Knight-Rider (Yoshi-Tonic)

Stan Lane (side kick)

Tarantula (illegal submission hold)

Debuting in 2005 as a product of the WAW Academy and specifically her brother Zak Zodiak, Britani Knight made her name originally as one half of the the Norfolk Dolls tag team.

With the retirement of her partner, Britani was thrust into singles competition, where she has thrived ever since. In 2009, the pieces all fell into place and the youngest member of the Knight Dynasty became a bona fide star.

Internationally travelled, prodigiously talented and still eager to learn, the future is bright for Britani Knight.

4404665047_f0f2a3cbdc_b-1.jpg

Visit http://www.evewrestling.com/ for more information on Pro-Wrestling: EVE.

Visit http://www.wawuk.com/ for more information on WAW.

_MG_9449-1.jpg

EVE27-1.jpgEVE84-1.jpg

Saraya & Britani join previously announced talents SHIMMER Champion Madison Eagles, SHIMMER Tag Team Champions The Canadian Ninjas, "Your Soul's Tormentor" MsChif, Cheerleader Melissa, Daizee Haze, "The Queen of Wrestling" Sara Del Rey, "The Latina Sensation" Mercedes Martinez, and Serena Deeb as those confirmed thus far for participation in the March 26th & 27th events.

Front row seating is already SOLD OUT for both days. General admission seating is still available at http://www.shimmerwrestling.com/ using PayPal. You may also purchase tickets by mail order. E-mail dave_prazak@yahoo.com for mail order instructions. Mark your calendars! SHIMMER is back at the Eagles Club in Berwyn on March 26th & 27th!

smallshimmerbanner-1.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well deserved for Sweet Saraya to make her American debut! She truly deserves to kick ass over there :cool:

Britani Knight is young and talented and deserves to get exposure on the US wrestling scene :cool:

Dave Prazak and Shimmer deserve credit for booking the both of them :cool:

from WAWFF

WAW are proud to announce that Sweet Saraya and Britani will be flying to the states in March to compete in the world known ladies promotion shimmer, they will be part of tapings 26/27th.

WAW has always been proud of its ladies division over the years and hope this break through by the Knight girls will open the door for others in our Ladies division.

With Amazon debuting in Europe this weekend and our close links with pro wrestling EVE, 2011 looks good for WAW Ladies.

• Paid Members

Excellent, not only are they great talents but top people as well. I did a documentary back in my last year of College and Ricky and Saraya in particular were absolutely brilliant and helped me quite a bit. Netted a distinction as well!

Always wondered how they'd fare in America, I'm pretty surprised Sweet Saraya hasn't done some stuff over there sooner. Whether she hasn't had an offer to go there before or not I don't know, but if she hasn't I'd say it's absolutely criminal. I remember reading somewhere Britani had some WWE tryouts recently, so getting more experience over in the States will be good for her and great for Shimmer as well. My knowlege of ladies wrestling is pretty rubbish, but from what I've seen I reckon Britani could go quite far in the profession. Best of luck to them both.

Im sure I asked before but i'll ask again;

Any chance of a link to some good matches of these 2?

Here's a few....

Saraya v Brittani from The Talk in Norwich -bloody good match!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6soxkqDJr0

Brittani v Miss Mina from Norway

Saraya v Brittani from the Combat Sports Expo in 2008

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcv8t4_br...et-saraya_sport

Wesna v Brittani Knight

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcdc2z_br...sna-busic_sport

It's cool that British talent gets a chance to be seen in fron of foreign crowds. But for some reason, when I look at that first pic, I'm suddenly reminded of "My big fat gypsy wedding"?

LMAO Though to be fair I've not seen many flattering pictures of Saraya recently and some of the Britani pics don't do her many favours.

I know most blokes would happily trade their wives for either (personally I'd go with trading for both but thats just me ;)

It's also odd cos the guy who took the pics at the top has some amazing stuff in his folio.

Is it just me or is bad photography one of the toothaches of British Wrestling?

I saw one guy who had pics that looked like promo stills from Fight Club then the next looks like it was shot on my son's Lego Camera and edited in "Paint"

Im still waiting......

I watched all the clips provided, there was a few nice moves in there but very little else.

Now granted Shimmer will always need an undercard and not everyone can be a Del Rey or a Mischif or a Haze.

My concern is UK womens wrestling was once 'represented' by Jetta and Eden Black, two fantastic workers without question. The yanks are gonna look at the Knight girls and ask "Is this the best the UK has now?", I shudder at the thought that this could be true.

Archived