Sweet Saraya & Britani Knight to make American debuts

daveprazak

Im still waiting......

I watched all the clips provided, there was a few nice moves in there but very little else.

Now granted Shimmer will always need an undercard and not everyone can be a Del Rey or a Mischif or a Haze.

My concern is UK womens wrestling was once 'represented' by Jetta and Eden Black, two fantastic workers without question. The yanks are gonna look at the Knight girls and ask "Is this the best the UK has now?", I shudder at the thought that this could be true.

Out of interest have you seen any of the EVE shows?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im still waiting......

I watched all the clips provided, there was a few nice moves in there but very little else.

Now granted Shimmer will always need an undercard and not everyone can be a Del Rey or a Mischif or a Haze.

My concern is UK womens wrestling was once 'represented' by Jetta and Eden Black, two fantastic workers without question. The yanks are gonna look at the Knight girls and ask "Is this the best the UK has now?", I shudder at the thought that this could be true.

I dont think he has seen anything, in fact i think its stevie wonder

Im still waiting......

Certainly you're entitled to your opinion but personally I think Saraya and Brittani are a better representation of British wrestling than Jetta or Eden Black were. Saraya is a wrestling machine and, as has been mentioned, both women add a credibility and 'believability' to their work which, in my opinion, a lot [not all, by any means] of wrestlers nowadays lack.

Nothing against Eden and Jetta, both are/were very talented girls, but Jetta was portrayed more as a 'comedy' wrestler than a serious wrestler in Shimmer, and while those characters are always needed in some capacity and British wrestling certainly has/had its fair share of comedy and slapstick, I dont think she was the best 'representation' of what British wrestling is about.

Same with Jez, who was labelled 'indy-rific' Eden Black in Shimmer because she wrestled the more 'indy' style favoured in the US.

Just my opinion, but to me, Saraya and Brittani will bring the technical, hard-hitting style that Britain is renowned for and will be a hit with the audience because of it.

Im still waiting......

A sensible question, regretably no I have not made it to an EVE show, partly because every time it lands on a day I cannot make it and also due to distance.

From what I have seen of EVE it looks fantastic and i fully encourage and endorse the idea and wish all the success. The roster looks to be a fine mixture of workers from all over the place.

Im a very open minded kinda guy, I can appritiate why crowds would enjoy watching matches from the 2 ladies in question.

I think my mistake is making a direct comparrison between men and womens wrestling, I dont discriminate I see every worker and every match the same.

I strongly disagree with the idea that the Knight girls are a better representation of the UK that Jetta and Jez but again I have to be open minded enough to accept that could be personal prefference; I just happen to prefer workers who can display psychology and stick to it, can execute all their moves correctly and safely, make what they are doing look close to believable, from the clips provided and others I have seen previously these qualities are somewhat lacking.

I just happen to prefer workers who can display psychology and stick to it, can execute all their moves correctly and safely, make what they are doing look close to believable, from the clips provided and others I have seen previously these qualities are somewhat lacking.

All of those attributes can describe Saraya and Brittani in bucketloads, especially on making it look believable and executing moves safely.

Not at all saying this to be dickish but genuinely, just out of interest, what, from the clips you've seen, stands out to you as an example of either woman not having psychology, poor execution or non-believability in their work?

I just happen to prefer workers who can display psychology and stick to it, can execute all their moves correctly and safely, make what they are doing look close to believable, from the clips provided and others I have seen previously these qualities are somewhat lacking.

All of those attributes can describe Saraya and Brittani in bucketloads, especially on making it look believable and executing moves safely.

Not at all saying this to be dickish but genuinely, just out of interest, what, from the clips you've seen, stands out to you as an example of either woman not having psychology, poor execution or non-believability in their work?

I like that you ask rather than the "You dont know anything" attitude;

Psychology;

Heelisms - I saw whoever was being face; punching, stomping, hair pulling, eye poking and picking up from the ground. You can only get away with this kinda thing if you are Flair or Austin.

Poor execution;

There was a backslide in one of the matches which ended up half way out of the ring, granted it was quite a small ring but thats no excuse for workers of "this level"

Non-believablity;

In fairness, Saraya looks like a double-tough pub landlady type who could handle herself against anyone, Brittani not so much which makes me unable to "buy" that Brittani could physically dominate like she does.

I do want to point out that I did like some of what I saw, there was some good moves and spots and stuff. I think Saraya will be able to get over using little but her panto style heelisms (which im all for) but I think Brittani will only be seen as "Saraya's daughter".

Sorry spiral tap by your comments you know nout about wrestling,yes i am biased but the things your knock the girls for is their strength they may lack in some areas remember Britani is just 18, wrestling all over Europe most weekends and is being sort after by both of the major USA companies. Saraya is a tech submission wrestler who 3 years ago severed her knee cap and yes may be restricted in some areas now but i would back her in a match with any girl in Europe.

As a matter of interest describe psychology to me, as its is a word not correctly used nowadays.

I like that you ask rather than the "You dont know anything" attitude;

Psychology;

Heelisms - I saw whoever was being face; punching, stomping, hair pulling, eye poking and picking up from the ground. You can only get away with this kinda thing if you are Flair or Austin.

Poor execution;

There was a backslide in one of the matches which ended up half way out of the ring, granted it was quite a small ring but thats no excuse for workers of "this level"

Non-believablity;

In fairness, Saraya looks like a double-tough pub landlady type who could handle herself against anyone, Brittani not so much which makes me unable to "buy" that Brittani could physically dominate like she does.

I do want to point out that I did like some of what I saw, there was some good moves and spots and stuff. I think Saraya will be able to get over using little but her panto style heelisms (which im all for) but I think Brittani will only be seen as "Saraya's daughter".

You forget mate it was a local crowd where Saraya is idolised she could get away with killing someone, this match was built up over months our fans are old school so the psychology is completely different to elsewhere but the girls can adapt, like when wrestling all over Europe most weekends. So poor execution of one move is messy, mate i have been wrestling 26 years thousands of matches and cant remember one without at least one ricket.

• Paid Members

Come on though. He can only comment on what he likes and doesn't like. My Dad doesn't know much about wrestling, but he knows what he likes and what he doesn't like. If Spiral thought it looked shite and didn't enjoy it, thats fair comment, surely? He may have went overboard disecting it, but least he made the effort to watch it. More than what most would do.

Its fine if he dont like them but he is saying things he obviously lacks knowledge of and i reserve the right to defend that, the girls have nout to prove, Saraya has had a 20 year career, Britani is working worldwide. Of course people have a right to judge but then i have the right to reply. There are guys out their i dont rate and see them doing things that i dont think they should be but i am happy for anyone who gets recognition and i certainly would not rip them to bits, but their you go.

• Paid Members
There are guys out their i dont rate and see them doing things that i dont think they should be but i am happy for anyone who gets recognition and i certainly would not rip them to bits, but their you go.

Wouldn't be much of a discussion forum if he kept quiet though. If he see's things in the match he doesn't like, then thats fair enough. Saraya might not have anything to prove, but neither does Ric Flair, but he gets ripped to shreds as much as anyone. Whether its Sweet Saraya or Hulk Hogan, if you dont like a wrestler, doesn't mean you have to keep your gob such about it. Saying "you dont know anything" isn't really defending her.

You are missing the point i have the right to defend, what he is saying is unfounded if you have knowledge of wrestling, i have no probs with him not liking the girls. I think Wayne Rooney is an overated fat twat, but experts will tell me i am wrong and for the reasons i am wrong.

Archived