Oscars 2011

Mr. Seven

• Paid Members

The whole point of Scott Pilgrim is he's supposed to be an immature cunt at the start. By the end it's suggested that he's learned a lot from his mistakes and has grown up to the next point of life. He was stuck in the selfish teenage phase and had yet to progress to being a young adult. Saying that Michael Cera wasn't Scott Pilgrim sounds pretty ill-informed (then again it was Triple A who said it, so there you go) as the character in the comics is awfully similar to the style of character Cera has played many times before. While I do agree that Cera isn't the most talented guy out there, he seemed like he was trying quite hard in Scott Pilgrim and I'd definitely say it's his most varied role to date (although I understand that might not be saying a whole lot).

It would've been more accurate to say that Michael Cera wasn't Scott Pilgrim, he was Michael Cera playing Scott Pilgrim in a movie about Scott Pilgrim, who is a fictional character from a comic series. I understand that's a bit wordy though.

From what I have read about Black Swan Portman

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

lezzed up in it

[close spoiler]

");document.close(); so I'm guessing she is really desperate for an Oscar.

Yeah...

with Meg Griffin from Family

[close spoiler]

");document.close();. If the film wasn't screwed up enough.

And Toy Story 3 for best film?!? PISS OFF!

lezzed up in it

[close spoiler]

Yeah...

[close spoiler]

Whats wrong with Toy Story 3 been nominated, probably part of one of the best trilogy's of all time.

lezzed up in it

[close spoiler]

Yeah...

[close spoiler]

Whats wrong with Toy Story 3 been nominated, probably part of one of the best trilogy's of all time.

Indeed, a very well written and put together film with a brilliant story, great casting and characters you really care about. It deserves to be in the mix, and very comfortably.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry if I'm being blind and there's a more recent topic, but as this is tonight I thought it'd be good to have some discussion.

Anyone think there's a chance of anything other than The King's Speech winning Best Picture? It's difficult to predict the Academy. Sometimes it goes for the most predictable Oscar-worth movie, and other times it likes to go completely left field.

Sorry if I'm being blind and there's a more recent topic, but as this is tonight I thought it'd be good to have some discussion.

Anyone think there's a chance of anything other than The King's Speech winning Best Picture? It's difficult to predict the Academy. Sometimes it goes for the most predictable Oscar-worth movie, and other times it likes to go completely left field.

I can see Social Network picking it up to be honest. If it's not that, it'll 110% be The King's Speech.

I'm hoping for a Christian Bale win for Best Supporting. His biggest threat is Geoffrey Rush, who deserves every bit of praise he's getting, but I'm a mark for Bale so I'm hoping he'll pick it up.

Predictions

Best Picture

Will Win: The King's Speech

Want To Win: Toy Story 3

In Order Of Love

Toy Story 3

The Fighter

Winter's Bone

127 Hours

The Social Network

The Kids Are All Right

Inception

Black Swan

True Grit

I think i started saying Kings Speech would win in around Oct-Nov time, my thoughts haven't swayed once.

Best Director

Will Win: David Fincher

Want To Win: Not rooting for anyone in particular, maybe Aronofsky but that would be for previous films.

Best Actress

Will Win: Annette Bening (Been saying she'll win for months so might as well stick with it)

Want To Win: Anyone but Portman would do. Seen all but Michelle Williams (forgot to watch Blue Valentine :sneaky: ) but liked all the other performances

Best Actor

Will Win: Colin Firth zzzZZZZZZZZZZ

Want To Win: James Franco

Eisenberg was good, i haven't seen Bardem and didn't think i'd ever say it but Bridges can fuck right off.

Best Supporting Actress

Will Win: Melissa Leo

Want To Win: I'd be happy with Adams, Leo or Weaver winning

Best Supporting Actor

Will Win: Christian Bale

Want To Win: Christian Bale

Never liked Bale in anything but he nailed it. Hawkes was stunning in Winter's Bone and I liked Ruffalo too. Big fan of the Town but suprised to see Renner nom'd, Ben Mendelsohn or Andrew Garfield should be in his place.

Best Original Screenplay

Will Win: The King's Speech

Want To Win: The Fighter

Best Adapted Screenplay

Will Win: The Social Network

Best Animated Film

Will Win: Toy Story 3

Toy Story 3>>How To Train Your Dragon>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Illusionist

Despicable Me should be in Illusionists place

Best Foreign Film

Will Win: Incendies

Want To Win: Dogtooth (More chance of Colin Firth being slapped by Elvis)

Only seen Dogtooth, pissed i've not been able to see any more, managed all 5 before last years ceremony.

Best Cinematography

Will Win: Black Swan

Want To Win: Not too fussed

Best Documentary Feature

Will Win: Restrepo

Want To Win: Only seen Restrepo so.........

Archived