FSM Thread

Vipes

• Paid Members
Id like to see an article analysing the role of Hiroshi Tanahasi as IWGP champion, and could he become an international star if signed by WWE, and what that could do for the WWE in the Japanese market, in that I think that WWE could do a decent job with him if they wanted to

Why would they want to? If they were serious about "the Japanese market" for what that's worth to them, they'd set about getting Raw a deal for telly over here which they haven't had for ages. It's a niche interest here, much like Puro is in the States and the UK. Yesterday WWE did a house show to a half full Sumo Hall. Most wrestling fans here who have the disposable income to spend on wrestling do so for New Japan and little else. Noah didnt even sell out Korakuen yesterday which is about the size of Broxbourne Civic Hall.

WWE do well to make any money from Japan. As I say, yesterdays show was half attended. Hell, I'm on holiday in Setagaya right now with WWE running Sumo Hall again tonight (making it easier for me to get to than when WWE runs anywhere in Blighty) and even I cant be arsed to go. WWE signing Tanahashi would make no difference whatsoever to WWEs presence in "the Japanese market," it would just alienate the fans here even more by robbing them of seeing their favourite guy every four or five weeks.

Id like to see an article analysing the role of Hiroshi Tanahasi as IWGP champion, and could he become an international star if signed by WWE, and what that could do for the WWE in the Japanese market, in that I think that WWE could do a decent job with him if they wanted to

Twice in 2011, WWE tried signing wrestlers to appeal to niche markets (Mexicans and SBA types). Both times it blew up in their face.

Is this the one with the picture of Bret Hart being inducted into the 'British Hall of Fame'? If so, what newsagents are likely to do it? Would love to have a copy of that.

Yes, there's an image in this month's issue of the Bret receiving the award for the induction of the Hart vs. Smith match.

You can find FSM in WHSmiths or Easons in the UK and Ireland.

• 4 weeks later...

Issue 84 of Fighting Spirit Magazine is now available!

16limpg.jpg

In this month's edition, FSM has features on:

- The WWE title scene, and how it's already shaping up for WrestleMania XXIX

- FSM talks to Austin Aries about his fantastic 2012, and how he was finally pushed to prominence

- In the first of a two-part interview,

Thanks for all the kind words. Finding the right balance of everyone's preferred topics isn't always easy! But we do like to think that we provide interesting articles for fans who want to learn more about pro wrestling, while keeping everyone up to date, too.

You are indeed. The article last month on Sports Psychology, however, was one of the worst articles I have read in years.

Apart from that, been pretty impressed with the last couple of issues.

Yeah that sports psychology article was awful. It seemed like it had been knocked up in half an hour and barely had anything to do with wrestling.

I don't know how bad it was as I only read the first paragraph and then skimmed a few lines here and there, realised it was all football and left it at that. The good thing is though, that unlike PowerSlam, it is long enough that one or two crappy articles and you don't feel cheated.