The Terrible, Interminably Boring Mafia Game

Nexus

• Paid Members

Ah I went all the way back to the previous vote count and I didn't see it but yes you had unvoted before that.

But "we" doesn't really work in the context used "However it seems with TripleA I pulled the Lions tail because we got much more than we bargained for." How did the town get more than we bargained for surely if this was your plan this is what you expected to happen?

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Man, this is a headfuck. I'm now torn between three suspects:

1. TripleA - his play has been particularly vocal and not exactly stable. Snake makes an intriguing, if not quite water-tight, argument for lynching him.

2. Snake - seriously, his play has been WEIRD, and it's either incredibly pro-Town or incredibly Scummy. I really can't decide which. His explanations for lynching TripleA have not exactly been 100% satisfactory.

3. Top Man Shopper - does no-one else suspect him? He seems to have slipped under the radar a tad. The fact that his explanations for why Snake's argument is so compelling aren't completely convincing either means I'm starting to wonder if he's Scum in cahoots with Snake, a Townie who's bought into Snake's argument, or Scum who can't believe his luck that two Town are targetting each other.

• Paid Members

Ask yourselves this. Have I ever played that way before? No. Not even when I was scum, in fact when I'm scum my game is far more calculated and cautious.

• Paid Members

As I've said throughout the game so far, I will gladly answer questions about my gameplay.

I truly think Snake has hit a nail on the head with his tactic, and I've backed him up, I suppose there'll only be one way to find out if we are correct though. It does seem that the scum are being persistent in keeping the lynch on Snake though, just a shame no-one else can see TripleA's blatant desperation in this game, although he has toned it down as of late, maybe his scum mates are telling him to keep it down as the vote for Snake's lynch is almost there

• Paid Members

Scum are keeping their votes on him?. He's L-1, it's not just Scum voting him is it.

I agree with Carbomb in that if Snake flips Scum, TMS needs some serious questioning.

As I've said throughout the game so far, I will gladly answer questions about my gameplay.

I truly think Snake has hit a nail on the head with his tactic, and I've backed him up, I suppose there'll only be one way to find out if we are correct though. It does seem that the scum are being persistent in keeping the lynch on Snake though, just a shame no-one else can see TripleA's blatant desperation in this game, although he has toned it down as of late, maybe his scum mates are telling him to keep it down as the vote for Snake's lynch is almost there

Really?

In that case name them!

I see a number of people torn between making a tough decision, with the main reasons I voted for Snake being he confused me, I had a strong gut feeling and we need to get a lynch today so I needed to vote.

Not the best reasons for a vote but we need to lynch today.

It wasn't an easy choice, but the more I thought about it, he seemed a better decision than Triple A.

• Paid Members
Scum are keeping their votes on him?. He's L-1, it's not just Scum voting him is it.

I agree with Carbomb in that if Snake flips Scum, TMS needs some serious questioning.

I agree, I would.

Of course if Snake IS lynched and is Town, TripleA the questions wouldn't even need to be asked as you should be lynched within a matter of moments of the day phase restarting.

I know we have a few hours left, but I am getting worried that with it being a Saturday night, people might be off out on the town for a few drinks and we won't get a lynch.

There doesn't appear to be anything new being discussed so can people please get their votes in.

I agree, I would.

Of course if Snake IS lynched and is Town, TripleA the questions wouldn't even need to be asked as you should be lynched within a matter of moments of the day phase restarting.

No, lynching straight away would waste a day of questioning everyone else, so lynch him near the end of the day if you must but use the day for discussion.

Saying we should lynch straight away is scum talk.

I am now as convinced as I can possibly be without actually knowing, that Snake & TMS are scum, so I know where my vote will most likely go in the next day.

FOS: TMS

• Paid Members

I agree, I would.

Well not really, because I'm Town. The whole reason I'm being super defensive is becuase Snake needlessly picked me out of a bunch knowing he'd get a reaction and pushed me with no good reason. I mean seriously, look at his reasoning "you didn't like my modding". If someone tries to push a lynch on you from the very start with reasons like that, you'll get defensive and fight back.

Snake's entire "plan" consisted of getting a player he knew would argue back and forth with him (me and Ron) and if one or both bit, accuse them of being scum because they did so. It backfired and now Snake is rightfully so in the firing line and not me, or Ron.

He doesn't know what role I am at all, so it's very unlikely even without me stating I'm town that he's even right. You've jumped on his back like you're the Diddy to his Donkey and for some bizarre reason seem fixated on the fact he might be right. It's awful play from Snake, and even more awful from you for hanging on his every word.

I'm fully expecting him to flip scum, and if he doesn't then it's his own stupid fault for such awful play. Not mine for fighting back, not half the players in the game for not trusting him, and not anyone else.

• Paid Members
Boring and predictable

SMS, you must try harder

It's boring and predictable, but that doesn't mean it's wrong. There's something in the way you worded that "we must lynch TripleA immediately after night phase ends" that just sounds scummy, as if you're trying to shoehorn yourself under the radar. Let's say, for the purpose of argument, that you're Scum egging Town on to lynch Town: if we lynch TripleA after lynching Snake, you basically have had a threefer.

As it is, all three of you are reading rather scummily, and I haven't a scooby as to whom I should vote for right now. This is going to require a hefty dose of gut instinct, I think.

• Paid Members

Well as has been pointed out already, Deadline is tonight and with it being a Saturday people will be busy. Unless everyone for some bizarre reason pops back in to vote for me instead of Snake, then it's looking like Snake or No Lynch.

• Paid Members

Either way, if we lynch either of you, I don't think the other should be the obvious next focus, I think TMS should be for egging on the situation. Looking at it with the frame "If TMS was Scum", it offers up the very strong suggestion that we could be falling into a Scum trap.

Archived