[Nominations] Pro-Wrestler of the Year 2010

tiger_rick

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
God forbid I should nominate the pro wrestlers that have entertained me the most this year.

Blimey, It's not like you to get uppity when someone dares to disagree with your opinion.

There isn't a single measure of a successful pro-wrestler that those two come anywhere close on.

Edited by tiger_rick

God forbid I should nominate the pro wrestlers that have entertained me the most this year.

Blimey, It's not like you to get uppity when someone dares to disagree with your opinion.

There isn't a single measure of a successful pro-wrestler that those two come anywhere close on.

I'd say if Loki found them entertaining, then the all important "entertainment" aspect of a pro-wrestler probably has been covered.

• Paid Members

I'd say if Loki found them entertaining, then the all important "entertainment" aspect of a pro-wrestler probably has been covered.

Exactly. Nash has been great fun for me. I nominated Punk mostly because of his promos and character, he hasn't had all that many top matches, much like Nash.

• Paid Members

Nash is a little debateable. He was around most of the year. "Entertainment" is fair criteria for a pro-wrestler but it has to come alongside having good matches or drawing money. Someone like Santino is always entertaining. He's not Wrestler of the Year material because he's a dire wrestler. Nash is in the same bracket and has been for years.

Hall is just a joke. He wasn't entertaining and he was around for about a month before they canned him ... again. It's an insult to everyone who works at being a pro-wrestler to nominate that cock.

"Entertainment" is fair criteria for a pro-wrestler but it has to come alongside having good matches or drawing money.

I couldn't give a fuck who draws what to be honest. If I did, I wouldn't have nominated Kevin Steen, which incidentally hasn't caused one word to be said about it.

On the good matches part, who says people haven't enjoyed Kevin Nash's matches?

• Paid Members
"Entertainment" is fair criteria for a pro-wrestler but it has to come alongside having good matches or drawing money.

I couldn't give a fuck who draws what to be honest. If I did, I wouldn't have nominated Kevin Steen, which incidentally hasn't caused one word to be said about it.

He's not had a good match all year. You might not care who draws what but it's measurable criteria of how successful a wrestler is. Like in 1998, Steve Austin's ring work wasn't his best but he was a massive draw, hence his position as the top pro-wrestler in the world. If a wrestler is not having good matches and not helping his company make money, he's not particularly successful.

I'm not suggesting Loki and Gladstone shouldn't nominate him, they are entitled to their vote. I'm entitled to think it's laughable too.

• Paid Members

He's not had a good match all year.

I hate to be THAT cunt (actually I lie, I fucking love it) but that's just like, your opinion, man.

Isn't the whole point of this award thing to get the general census of the board? Although you may moderate them they're not the "tiger_rick end of the year awards" are they? I mean feel free to give that a shot but I just don't think it'll be as popular.

Oh and:

Kevin Nash.

Scott Hall.

;)

Edited by Green

• Paid Members
Although you may moderate them they're not the "tiger_rick end of the year awards" are they?

If you seriously think I'm doing anything other than giving an opinion, then you are THAT cunt.

My nominations for this would be John Cena, Kurt Angle and Daniel Bryan.