Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

Fremantle Media have put up their WWE DVD shop website (www.wwedvd.co.uk), and have confirmed the release dates for their first batch of releases...

Night Of Champions 2012 - 21st January

Hell In A Cell 2012 - 28th January

Top 100 Raw Moments - 4th February

The Attitude Era - 18th February

Live In The UK (November 2012) - 25th February

Best PPV Matches 2012 - 4th March

Survivor Series 2012 - 11th March

TLC 2012 - 25th March

Good to see they're releasing the ones we've missed in three successive weeks. So it looks like it'll be about a 3 month wait from PPV's airing to being available on DVD, which is about the same as Silver Vision isn't it? All those titles (aside from Live In The UK) will be on Bluray as well.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fremantle Media have put up their WWE DVD shop website (www.wwedvd.co.uk), and have confirmed the release dates for their first batch of releases...

Night Of Champions 2012 - 21st January

Hell In A Cell 2012 - 28th January

Top 100 Raw Moments - 4th February

The Attitude Era - 18th February

Live In The UK (November 2012) - 25th February

Best PPV Matches 2012 - 4th March

Survivor Series 2012 - 11th March

TLC 2012 - 25th March

Good to see they're releasing the ones we've missed in three successive weeks. So it looks like it'll be about a 3 month wait from PPV's airing to being available on DVD, which is about the same as Silver Vision isn't it? All those titles (aside from Live In The UK) will be on Bluray as well.

Great news, i have actually just emailed them to ask if i could make orders using a Postal Order (yeah, im old skool lol), and they replied with a YES, which is ace!!!

That best matches one seems a bit lacking, with no Cena vs Lesnar. Do these always cut out the last couple of months of the year as well? Stuff from Survivor Series and TLC should make the following year's one if they're in too much of a rush to get it onto that year's.

Last years Best PPV Matches set finished at October as well. Shame really, cos if there's a great match at Survivor Series or TLC then it will miss out being on the set.

Just got done watching the Attitude Era DVD, and I have to say it was fairly average, as everyone suggested. The one thing that really gets me is they had Vince Russo as a talking head, presumably at the same time as they did the NWO DVD, but he only appeared once! I mean, I get that you want to diminish his contribution, but the guy was a writer at the time, surely his opinion counts for something?

Yeah I'm just watching that DVD now, and like the NWO one, it feels very much like the story has been told before in better releases. It's a bit all over the place too. It all comes down to 'You won't believe how exciting and unpredictable we used to be'.

I remember from 04 up to a few years ago, they had an excellent run of DVD releases when they started using footage from their tape libraries, beginning with the Eddie and Benoit DVDs (for which they also got New Japan footage). You also had the Flair set, ECW, Monday Night Wars, Bret and Pillman releases too and I'm sure I'm leaving out loads of others. It seems they've run a bit dry with things like the 50 Finishing Moves DVD that was released this year. I think that's why the Punk DVD was so well-received recently, because of the IWA and ROH footage and that it covered people and places that hasn't been shown on a WWE release before.

What other subjects and topics can they do?

Makes you wonder what dads they have lined up for the future when they are rehashing the same ones over and over.

Have they ever thought about putting the wcw back catolgue on dvd much like the tagged classics?

Tagged Classics were a Silvervision thing not WWE themselves. Personally think the compilations like Starrcade, COTC and Nitro are a better way of showcasing WCW

Makes you wonder what dads they have lined up for the future when they are rehashing the same ones over and over.

Have they ever thought about putting the wcw back catolgue on dvd much like the tagged classics?

Tagged Classics were a Silvervision thing not WWE themselves. Personally think the compilations like Starrcade, COTC and Nitro are a better way of showcasing WCW

They do Tagged Classics in the States too, but generally of much more recent shows.

I watched the Attitude documentary and the Legends Roundtable on Raw (which was really just another attitude era/Monday Night Wars axe-grind) last night and I really wish that attitude era nostalgia would fuck off now. They've gone over all the main stuff so many times that the only interesting bits were the little mentions of the likes of The Brood and Crash. I really want to watch that DX tank explode before it gets to the WCW arena, and for Austin to fall off his fucking beer truck and snap his spine. I'd love it if that blonde woman just nutted Rock in his nose when he tells her to poontang her ass on out of there. Of course, the nature of recorded video dictates that those outcomes will never see fruition. They will play out as they always do, and be followed by some cunt like Christian or Dok Hendrix talking about them. I've grown to hate the attitude era's biggest highlights, or at least the ones WWE has spent the last ten years repeating. OMG LOL HE FILLED A CAR WITH CONCRETE. I didn't even like it at the time, a decade and a half later it's really shit.

The attitude documentary is probably the worst WWE one I've seen in quite a while. That is partly down to it all having been covered before, but as others have said above, it just seems like a half-arsed and ill-focused fluff piece as well. New talking heads in Rikishi, Vince Russo and the Road Doggy Doggy Doggy, but they say nothing of substance. Footage of Rock and Austin talking heads from other DVDs. I imagine if you hadn't seen all the other video/on-demand releases about that period and you'd somehow missed the million times the clips have been replayed on Raw, it'd be an enjoyable enough reliving of the time. But I hated it, and I haven't had much sleep.

Below is the official match listing, courtesy of Amazon.com, for the upcoming DVD and Blu-ray collection, "WWE: The Best Pay-Per-View Matches: 2012" set for release on December 26.

WWE Championship Match

CM Punk vs. Dolph Ziggler

Special Guest Referee: John Laurinaitis

Royal Rumble * January 29, 2012

Elimination Chamber Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan vs. Big Show vs. The Great Khali vs. Santino Marella vs. Wade Barrett vs. Cody Rhodes

Elimination Chamber * February 19, 2012

End of an Era Hell in a Cell Match

Triple H vs. Undertaker

Special Guest Referee: Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania XXVIII * April 1, 2012

The Rock vs. John Cena

WrestleMania XXVIII * April 1, 2012

Divas Championship Match

Layla vs. Beth Phoenix

Over the Limit * May 20, 2012

Intercontinental Championship Match

Christian vs. Cody Rhodes

No Way Out * June 17, 2012

No Disqualification Match for the WWE Championship

CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan

Special Guest Referee: AJ

Money in the Bank * July 15, 2012

Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar

SummerSlam * August 19, 2012

Randy Orton vs. Dolph Ziggler

Night of Champions * September 16, 2012

WWE Championship Match

CM Punk vs. John Cena

Night of Champions * September 16, 2012

World Heavyweight Championship Match

Sheamus vs. Big Show

Hell in a Cell * October 28, 2012

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES

Ambulance Match

John Cena vs. Kane

Elimination Chamber * February 19, 2012

2 out of 3 Falls Match for the World Heavyweight Championship

Sheamus vs. Daniel Bryan

Extreme Rules * April 29, 2012

SmackDown Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Christian vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Tensai vs. Santino Marella vs. Damien Sandow vs. Tyson Kidd vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Sin Cara

Money in the Bank * July 15, 2012

WWE Championship Hell in a Cell Match

CM Punk vs. Ryback

Hell in a Cell * October 28, 2012

Archived