Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

Yeh, that'll be it then haha. I just looked it up myself on wiki

It was also a very good match though, was the first really wild match id seen in the WWF, ill put the rest in spoilers just in case

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

It was the first time I remember seeing a proper table shot and just a general weapon strewn match, was the first real sign of where the WWF were headed over the next few years and how much influence they would take from ECW.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Thanks to SilverVision's Wild Wednesday, I got the Ricky Steamboat DVD this week.

Initial thoughts ; of course, match quality wise, you can't go wrong with Steamboat really, but personally, I would've rather had more of his last run in WCW from 1991-1994. So far, the segments/promos/interviews etc under the "Special features" section, have all been good. Even though I've seen a lot of them before, they are still good to watch and have remained quite fresh.

The "Documentary" portion of the DVD is quite enjoyable, the only thing that seems to let it down a little, is that it seems somewhat rushed, especially in comparison to other releases, but I still enjoyed it.

The main criticism I have of this DVD, is that a lot of the matches featured on it, have been included on several other WWE DVD's. Of course, famous matches, and bouts which played an important part in Steamboat's career must always be included on a DVD like this, the Wrestlemania III match against Randy Savage being the main example, even though it has been included on quite a few other WWE DVD's over the last few years. You can't really argue with that one. But I feel that the match against the Briscoes from Starrcade 83, as good as it was, could've been moved aside to make way for another one of Steamboat's better matches as a tag team with Jay Youngblood, and one which would be a fresh addition to the WWE DVD release archive.

The WCW matches from the early 90's which are included, are worth buying the DVD for alone, and provide just a little snip of a reminder of how superior WCW's in-ring product was in comparison to that of the WWF at that time. Far superior.

• Paid Members
WWE to release a final steve austin dvd set. austin himself will be heavily involved

Late last night Stone Cold Steve Austin announced that WWE will be producing a brand new DVD set on his career, and that he

• 1 month later...

WWEBD1345-front.jpg

The ladder match 2: crash and burn

The Evolution of the Ladder Match

Ladder Match for the Undisputed Intercontinental Championship

Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon

WrestleMania X 20th March, 1994

Ladder Match

Tracy Smothers vs. Chris Candido

Smoky Mountain Wrestling March, 1994

Ladder Match for the WCW United States Championship

Eddie Guerrero vs. Syxx