Upcoming DVD releases

AshC

• Paid Members
last time im going to say this to you, its not watered down if the change their packaging, it would only be watered down if they removed content. and to be honest silvervision are well within their right to change anything about their product if they see fit. deal with it!!!

Ok then, if that's the last time you are going to say it, what's next? I guess I missed the pinned thread where you were awarded with the power to tell people how they should feel about things.

As I've said before, if you don't like what I've posted about the Nitro set then don't read it, or offer points toward a valid argument, instead of throwing your toys out of your pram, throwing orders around whilst having a bitch-fit.

Incase you missed it, a couple of people asked me questions about the Nitro set and asking for advice on what were the differences between regions 1 & 2, which I gave them.

If you haven't got a problem with the way the DVD has been done, then fine, but you're not going to tell me what to do, not here or anywhere else. If these weren't wrestling DVD's and were TV series DVD's, for example, then they would probably be sold as a "Regular" and "Special edition", something which happens all of the time, even when the content is practically the same, with the "Regular" set being priced less.

Someone earlier in the thread brought up the argument about the content is what matters, and yes, I agree to an extent. The problem I mentioned, was that if it was a case of a leaflet being absent, or a different cover design, then it wouldn't be a problem. Actually, earlier in the thread after my initial posts, I said "fair enough then, no big deal", but when I found that the region 1 had all of the things that I missed on the region 2 version, then I was annoyed because I believe that the region 2 is of far less quality than the region 1 and why should they be different, especially considering that after exchange rates, we pay more than the American customers for the majority of WWE DVD's.

Like I say, I agree with the "Content is all what matters" argument, to an extent. If you think that's all that matters, then get a bag full of any bootlegged DVD's which you might've collected down the years, and take them to Cash Generator and see what you get for them. No doubt you will walk away with a small fortune in return for all of the awesome footage on them.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it really matter what the packaging is like? So long as the content within are of a high standard, i couldn't care less

And as for the three extras that may or may not be included (I don't know as I don't have it yet) - a 4 minute match between Rey and Jerry Lynn, a DDP highlights bit and something entitled 'Afraid Of Heights', which I can only assume has something to do with the Giant/Hogan angle were one of them goes off the edge (I forget who). Honestly, there hardly deal breakers as to wether you get the set or not, are they?

and if your that desperate to see the Rey vs. Jerry Lynn (Mr JL) match - Rey Mysterio vs. Mr JL

• Paid Members
Does it really matter what the packaging is like? So long as the content within are of a high standard, i couldn't care less

And as for the three extras that may or may not be included (I don't know as I don't have it yet) - a 4 minute match between Rey and Jerry Lynn, a DDP highlights bit and something entitled 'Afraid Of Heights', which I can only assume has something to do with the Giant/Hogan angle were one of them goes off the edge (I forget who). Honestly, there hardly deal breakers as to wether you get the set or not, are they?

and if your that desperate to see the Rey vs. Jerry Lynn (Mr JL) match - Rey Mysterio vs. Mr JL

Im not saying it's a big deal. What I'm saying, is that these WWE releases have always been known for their very high standards, and I feel, personally that it's a shame that they seem to be making this the standard now for region 2 at least. Yes I love the content, but I also think the packaging has always looked really cool and it's something which I enjoy buying. With all of the different variations of DVD releases on the market, like movie special editions, director's cut etc and they all have varying degrees of quality in regards to packaging etc, then I'm not the only who likes the best quality stuff.

The afraid of heights segment is DDP talking about when Sting dropped down from the rafters to save him and picked him up and took him up to the ceiling.

I can see where Taylor is coming from about the Nitro set, surely we should get the same sort of packaging as the US and where ever else. I hate those added in DVD holders like the one you get with Rise & Fall Of ECW, mine snapped off not long after I got it which was probably my fault but its annoying none the less.

• Paid Members
The UK version will be in a digipack, like the US version, and will have all the bonus features that are only available with the FYE exclusive version in America.

Thanks, I'm really happy to hear that, as buying from SilverVision has always been a pleasure to deal with, and I didn't want to go elsewhere.

:thumbsup::)

• 2 weeks later...

WWEBD1332-front.jpg

OMG! The Top 50 Incidents in WWE History counts down the most outrageous moments in the history of WWE. What moments will make the cut, the top 10, and what is the greatest moment of all time? Is it the King of the Ring tournament where Austin 3:16 was born? Mick Foley

• Paid Members
HHH is tombstoned on a moving escalator at a railway station.

:laugh: Why have I never seen this? That whole DVD looks pretty great actually, so many moments that I don't have on other compilations. What was the significance of Michaels vs Diesel at Good Friends, Better Enemies? I have no recollection of the PPV at all apart from the name.

:laugh: Why have I never seen this? That whole DVD looks pretty great actually, so many moments that I don't have on other compilations. What was the significance of Michaels vs Diesel at Good Friends, Better Enemies? I have no recollection of the PPV at all apart from the name.

Was a very good No Holds Barred match and was really quite shocking at the time. I remember watching it with my brother and being absolutely terrified for some reason, although that could have been because Mad Dog Vachons leg also gets pulled off during the match.

Nash attempts to use Mad Dog Vachon's artificial leg as a weapon

• Paid Members
Was a very good No Holds Barred match and was really quite shocking at the time. I remember watching it with my brother and being absolutely terrified for some reason, although that could have been because Mad Dog Vachons leg also gets pulled off during the match.

Yeh, that'll be it then haha. I just looked it up myself on wiki

He appeared at the WWF pay-per-view In Your House 7, that was held in Omaha. He was sitting in the front row near ringside, when his artificial leg was ripped off by wrestler Diesel and used as a weapon by Shawn Michaels.

Archived